Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm stunned! Roger is alive! Problem is, is Dennis throwing a double curve? We've all been analyzing this for months now. Can Roger die twice? None of us seen that coming. I don't know what to think at this point. I seriously could see Hopeless killing him for good now. That would send Jess off the rails.

Roger got a lot more handsome all of a sudden. Lol. I'm going with the rear view mirror theory. #17. They are driving away in the present tense. As for the romance? Why not? Roger has really cleaned up his act and turned into a likeable guy. And it looks like Fish took him to the spa and got him updated. Lol. I'm looking forward to when Jess and Roger "talk" to see what happens. To bad this series has to end. It is really starting get even more interesting than it already has been.

One last thing. I can see Roger joining something like Occupy Avengers. Roger's stock has risen dramatically since Hopeless upped his grade from D to B+. Looking forward (If Roger stays alive) to see where Jess and Roger end up.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 01-25-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Yeah... this issue wasn't what I expected. I, too, was oddly disappointed to see him alive.
    Grrrrrrrr!

Nah I get where Lily is coming from...the more I read the issue the more I"m ok with it and I still LOVE it. But yeah. I was a oddly disappointed as well XD
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Grrrrrrrr!
    I'm sorry! It's nothing against Roger, I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Nah I get where Lily is coming from...the more I read the issue the more I"m ok with it and I still LOVE it. But yeah. I was a oddly disappointed as well XD
    Yeah... I recognize that at times, I enjoy a tragic and angsty story. And having the death be a fake-out sort of lessens the emotional impact for me a bit? (Unless... as many have suggested, the true pain is yet to come...)

Yeah... I recognize that at times, I enjoy a tragic and angsty story. And having the death be a fake-out sort of lessens the emotional impact for me a bit? (Unless... as many have suggested, the true pain is yet to come...)
    I agree with you the death really hit home for me. And Rodgers survival kinda undermined the emotion I felt. At the same I do want see where the relationship goes. Sadly the titles ending so... that's outta the picture but a Lear Jess gets a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    I agree with you the death really hit home for me. And Rodgers survival kinda undermined the emotion I felt. At the same I do want see where the relationship goes. Sadly the titles ending so... that's outta the picture but a Lear Jess gets a happy ending.
    Exactly as Lilly and Dreyga said. But, as I said previously, that kiss just could be all the emotion Jess had at seeing her friend alive instead of dead. In the end, they still may just wind up as friends. I mean Jess clearly loves Roger - but it may not necessarily be a romantic love. We'll have to wait and see how it all pans out (and if we get that extra twist of the knife and Roger only has a matter of time).
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I know. I'm just messing with you. He might not be out of the woods yet. He just went from the fire right back into the frying pan. The last two issues should be something else. I'm looking forward to seeing a big shiner on Hobby's eye after Jess gets done with him.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 01-26-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Me too. I really hope Hobby underestimates Jess and she clocks him good. And then he realizes how friggin' terrifying she can be when she wants to. She is definitely someone you DO NOT want to piss off -as the new porcupine found out.

She didn't have that tagline "to know her is to fear her" for nothing, lol.

Well Roger and Clint are similar in that well - they're good guys but they have a tendency to goof up.

I'm not sure if Jess is actually having romantic feelings right now or that's her reaction to someone she cared about, who she thought was very much dead, actually being alive. Can't really blame her if that's the case.
    if Roger and Jess were going to be an item, I don't think that they'd keep showing Roger's other family. but I was glad to see alive. I hope he, Jess, and Ben make it out of this; alive.

still worried that they are going to kill Ben (for the sake of Netflix synergy). he's shown just enough to be considered supportive of Jess. and Kingsley might kill him just to rub it in Phil's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She didn't have that tagline "to know her is to fear her" for nothing, lol.
    has she used her pheromones in the book? I can't seem to recall an instance of it.

Last time she used her pheromones was in Spider verse. Hasn't used hem since and I'm under the impression she hates to use them unless absolutely necessary.

Last time she used her pheromones was in Spider verse. Hasn't used hem since and I'm under the impression she hates to use them unless absolutely necessary.
    oh ok. gotcha. I thought that I might have missed something about her pregnancy nullifying them or something. it's one of the many things that separates her from the other spider-women.

Actually I think you're right. I t was mentioned on one of the early recap pages.