Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Who else thinks that the traitor mentioned on the solicts is going to be Adult Beast ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, about 30 minutes ago.

Back to the actual issue, I'm a bit surprised that the thing I'm most upset about wrt Soule's lack of care is the notion that Moon Girl would side with the Inhumans. I mean, really, when Hopeless, who's been ignoring the T-Mists as much as possible up 'til now, is handling the notion of conflicted loyalties with more nuance than the event's co-writer, that's pretty bad.
    Well, between that everyone acts OOC during events and that the helping the dirty muties would be high treason against New Atillan; i can get why them sided with the Inhumans.
    And it amuses me that Ms Marvel is the Inhuman equivalent of a mutant telepath using cerebro to contact everyone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    While the Inhumans don't know about the two week deadline, they certainly do know the cloud is toxic to mutants. So Ms. Marvel, Iso, Synpase, Moon Girl, and any Inhumans who aren't out to destroy the cloud themselves are COMPLICIT in the destruction of mutant (and human) lives who cannot withstand the terrigen. So I think it should not be surprising to see these characters side with the other Inhumans.
    This has to be misdirection. They went out of their way to show Moon Girl and Forge talking about destroying the cloud using their brains in the annual, and now they have Moon Girl and Forge again and she's not going to help?

BANNED

Don't you love Ms. Marvel?

"I hate heroes fighting heroes. You're all awful, I'm creating my own team who still fight for their ideals."

*two weeks later*

"teehee the Inhumans are eradicating the Mutants? I'll be there with my own team of shock troops ASAP!"

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    ISO told him OML had the same powers than Sabertooth, right there in this very issue you are complaining about. And since he knew :
    1. all about Sabertooth powers beforehand,
    2. that they allowed the man to fight through the Human Torch flamethrower,
    Inferno had no reason to hold back on OML at all.
    Also, "power-hungy warlords" ?
    That's hilarious given the X-MEN had the means to contain the cloud and give it back to the Royals without starting a war with the Inhumans, BUT ELICITED TO DESTROY IT AND GO TO WAR ANYWAY.
    Emma is the actual "power-hungry warlord" as of this issue.

I'd have preferred Kamala not to be involved in this though, let alone Moon Girl.
    So the Inhumans dont have that technology too ?, arent they supposed to be super-advanced and expert on the terrigen ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Don't you love Ms. Marvel?

"I hate heroes fighting heroes. You're all awful, I'm creating my own team who still fight for their ideals."

*two weeks later*

"teehee the Inhumans are eradicating the Mutants? I'll be there with my own team of shock troops ASAP!"
    That's the beauty of these events; everyone is an idiot.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    I could def see her being thrown back by the attack but what bothered me was that she instantly assumed the worst about them. So did Moon Girl and Synapse. You'd think Synapse would contact Rogue? Kamala call Tyke? You'd think Moon Girl would contact Storm? Nope, let's turn against them even though we've been shown as understanding towards them. :/
    I know she's met Forge, but when has Lunella met Storm?

That's hilarious given the X-MEN had the means to contain the cloud and give it back to the Royals without starting a war with the Inhumans, BUT ELICITED TO DESTROY IT AND GO TO WAR ANYWAY.
    Where did you saw that they have a way to contain the cloud? I don't remember any character saying so. And if they could do it, why wouldn't they? Sure, Forge's machine seems to imply that it can contain the Mist but only because the writer choose to ignore (or didn't realized) this hole in his plot. Same as the many other plotholes that were ignored to make the event "work".

What a terrible "event". If Forge could build a machine to contain the cloud why did he have to build it to destroy it? Couldn't the device just contain it so the Inhumans could still use it? Do these people get paid to write this stuff?

That Forge part was really stupid.

And OML is even dumber than his young self.

I don't get this whole Karnak being a huge problem thing. It's the same bad writing that makes characters like Wolverine and Sabretooth who have 0 long range capabilities be a thread to tk users. Jean could be in China and hold Karnak down with her TK and there's nothing he could do to stop her. There's simply no week point and nothing you can do if someone is holding you down with their telekinetic powers. You also have some of the biggest threats when it comes to telepathy. Are you telling me they couldn't just shut down his mind and be done with it?

But oh well, just some of the dumb things I've noticed in this event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    I know she's met Forge, but when has Lunella met Storm?
    Looks like I jumped the gun. The march issue of Moon Girl is about Storm and the EXM team helping Lunella with a project.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    I don't get this whole Karnak being a huge problem thing. It's the same bad writing that makes characters like Wolverine and Sabretooth who have 0 long range capabilities be a thread to tk users. Jean could be in China and hold Karnak down with her TK and there's nothing he could do to stop her. There's simply no week point and nothing you can do if someone is holding you down with their telekinetic powers. You also have some of the biggest threats when it comes to telepathy. Are you telling me they couldn't just shut down his mind and be done with it?

But oh well, just some of the dumb things I've noticed in this event.
    The weak point is that Jean is holding back out of fear of taking him out.

BANNED

And even that is a stretch. She doesn't even need to turn his mind to mush, just put him to sleep and keep him there.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

ISO told him OML had the same powers than Sabertooth, right there in this very issue you are complaining about. And since he knew :
    1. all about Sabertooth powers beforehand,
    2. that they allowed the man to fight through the Human Torch flamethrower,
    Inferno had no reason to hold back on OML at all.
    Except he only confirmed the healing factor after OML had been flame-broiled.
    IvX (2016-2017) 003-007.jpg

Looks like I jumped the gun. The march issue of Moon Girl is about Storm and the EXM team helping Lunella with a project.
    Which has to be set before IVX (since the teams get restructured into Gold and Blue immediately afterwards). So yes, she's met Storm already.

They don't even need to be together for her to hold him and Jean should be confident enough in her powers to hold someone with her Tk. He is an average "human" size and weight.
    Soyeah I just don't see how someone with his powerset would be able to get out of an unseeing force that is pretty much holding back every single part of your body.