Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Inhumans vs XMEN #3 (Spoilers)

Inhumans vx XMEN #3 (Spoilers)

-Iso and Inferno find OML and Forge who are trying to suck up the cloud in a machine Forge built.
    -Iso goes after Forge. Inferno goes after OML.
    -OML jumps Inferno who forces OML's claw into his shoulder. Inferno then basically blows up OML. Inferno would've killed him has it not been for his healing factor.
    -Meanwhile, Iso gets to Forge, easily distracts him, then blows up the machine while knocking him unconcious.
    -Iso and Inferno steal their ride and kidnap Forge.
    -The Inhumans locked in Limbo think they're in Hell. They care so much about the mutants, they don't even know what Limbo is, its so cute.
    -They all wonders where Karnak and BB are?
    -They also hope the NuHumans will help them. Meanwhile, Medusa has a plan to use Gorgon.
    -Iso and Inferno decide to contact Ms Marvel.
    -Kamala claims she saw the attack but it happened so fast she had not time to help. She agrees to help now.
    -Kamala unites Moon Girl, Synapse, and any inhuman that xfans had sympathy for.
    -Kamala, Moon Girl and Synapse are officially ruined. Maybe this is misdirection and they'll act rational by next issue?
    -Young Beast asks Old Beast for help rebuilding Forge's machine. old Beast suddenly and conveniently drops in IQ so he says no.
    -Storm, Magneto, OML, Rogue and Emma arrive and are pissed off. Without Forge, they're screwed.
    -Emma calls Old Beast a traitor and demands armies get sent out to find Forge.
    -They all need to hurry as they know the Royal family will escape.
    -BB is shown being contained in some special machine. It is implied when he gets out, things will get worse.

Good issue. Low points: OML and Forge being taken out so pathetically, and Kamala, Lunella and Synapse, my favorite Inhumans, I might be done with. They're all so brainwashed its pathetic. At least the XMEN are written as forming their own opinions even if we don't all like them.

Well, old Beast is probably dead to even more people now .

Forge gets distracted and the machine is blown up...this is the saddest thing I've read in a while.

BANNED

You forgot about Karnak breaking out of Jean's illusions and waking up in The World. Where he'll almost certainly escape because reasons, since the combined telepathy of Jean and the Cuckoos should never have lost control of him in the first damn place had they been written REMOTELY competently.

But it IS an event, and we just can't have people being written in-character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You forgot about Karnak breaking out of Jean's illusions and waking up in The World. Where he'll almost certainly escape because reasons, since the combined telepathy of Jean and the Cuckoos should never have lost control of him in the first damn place had they been written REMOTELY competently.

But it IS an event, and we just can't have people being written in-character.
    pretty sure Karnak found the weakpoint in Hell when he died so...

I mean, if they were trying ot telepathically kill him, i am sure he'd be dead. instantly. but they don't want to "hurt" him so obviously he was going to find a way out eventually. They said this in issue 0 or 1
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

In the latest exposition, Soule tries desperately to tell us that genocide has nothing to do with what's going on with the cloud. He claims the Royals are totally innocent because they didn't know it would kill mutants. He totally ignores the power hungry warlords that the Inhumans have become since they found out the truth. How can an x writer be so freaking clueless and lack so much self-awareness? It's incredible.

What's next? A drunk driver who kills a family is the true victim and the angry relatives of the family are the bad guys?

BANNED

Well the X-Men certainly should have had a backup plan to destroy the cloud besides Forge's machine. OML and Forge also could have radioed in the instant they saw ISO and Inferno. They were certainly both the weak link in the X-Men's plans. Magneto and Emma Frost were both brilliant inventors, so working with young Beast there's no way they couldn't create a machine to destroy terrigen. Claremont's Magneto could have destroyed the cloud himself.

You know, I totally forgot Soule did an X-Po this week, lol. Guess I should go read that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    You know, I totally forgot Soule did an X-Po this week, lol. Guess I should go read that.
    Has it even posted yet?

BANNED

Did Storm do anything creative with her powers in this issue rather than just shooting a bolt of lightning?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Has it even posted yet?
    Yeah, about 30 minutes ago.

Back to the actual issue, I'm a bit surprised that the thing I'm most upset about wrt Soule's lack of care is the notion that Moon Girl would side with the Inhumans. I mean, really, when Hopeless, who's been ignoring the T-Mists as much as possible up 'til now, is handling the notion of conflicted loyalties with more nuance than the event's co-writer, that's pretty bad.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 01-25-2017 at 08:31 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Did Storm do anything creative with her powers in this issue rather than just shooting a bolt of lightning?
    No. She just came off as whiny.

To be fair, I don't believe Kamala and co. are aware of the time limit mutants have. If they did, I don't think they'd interfere. Granted, maybe they shouldn't anyway, but for all they know the mutants are attacking Attilan without any provocation right now. Which makes me wonder now why Iso didn't ASK Forge why they were attacking. Maybe she thinks she knows why they are doing that, but Iso is supposed to be smart. You'd think she'd want the facts.

Re: Karnak, the Cuckoos and Jean aren't perfect and omnipotent. Karnak found the flaw in their psychic loop. It's not unreasonable for him to do so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, about 30 minutes ago.
    Got a link? The latest I see is Bunn's from last week.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    To be fair, I don't believe Kamala and co. are aware of the time limit mutants have. If they did, I don't think they'd interfere. Granted, maybe they shouldn't anyway, but for all they know the mutants are attacking Attilan without any provocation right now. Which makes me wonder now why Iso didn't ASK Forge why they were attacking. Maybe she thinks she knows why they are doing that, but Iso is supposed to be smart. You'd think she'd want the facts.

Re: Karnak, the Cuckoos and Jean aren't perfect and omnipotent. Karnak found the flaw in their psychic loop. It's not unreasonable for him to do so.
    I could def see her being thrown back by the attack but what bothered me was that she instantly assumed the worst about them. So did Moon Girl and Synapse. You'd think Synapse would contact Rogue? Kamala call Tyke? You'd think Moon Girl would contact Storm? Nope, let's turn against them even though we've been shown as understanding towards them. :/