Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And even that is a stretch. She doesn't even need to turn his mind to mush, just put him to sleep and keep him there.
    Why didn't they do that? Can he find the flaw in being knocked out?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Those aren't caricatures, they're literally your arguments.
    Given how they are being presented and even twisted, caricature is the definitive term.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Why didn't they do that? Can he find the flaw in being knocked out?
    Probably because that would be a boring solution. They have to take some liberties to keep it interesting. Jean sedating Karnak and leaving one of the leading Inhuman characters asleep all event long is boring. Jean + Cuckoos making a psychic loop is at least aesthetically and story wise more interesting. That Karnak breaks out of said loop leads to the next plot point. I don't think it's unreasonable at all that they went that route.

I mean who wants to read a story of Jean just sitting there and staring at Karnak for 6 issues making sure he stays asleep? At least now Jean is free to do something else cool and contribute more to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Where did you saw that they have a way to contain the cloud? I don't remember any character saying so.
    In the issue this very thread is about.

And if they could do it, why wouldn't they? Sure, Forge's machine seems to imply that it can contain the Mist but only because the writer choose to ignore (or didn't realized) this hole in his plot.
    I've been saying for a while the premise of this war doesn't hold up given the state of both factions at this point. Better late than never if you needed that issue to realize this story didn't hold up.

Same as the many other plotholes that were ignored to make the event "work".
    My point exactly. Doesn't make that particular plothole go away though, right now the X-Men are the one fueling a war that was canonically avoidable as of this issue.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

Why am I not surprised to see all the Inhumans who have nothing to do with this mess and disagree with the Royal Family randomly showing up to help? It's like, they're Inhumans too, so they automatically support everything when not in their own books, lool.

>We knew this was coming. The noble, young Inhuman heroes rally to save the day against the evil, oppressive mutant invaders. Half of those nuHumans have zero allegiance to much less even like the royal family. Ridiculous. If Moon Girl, Synapse, and Ms. Marvel don't turn on the others when they realize the truth about the terrigen situation, something's very wrong here. And could someone explain to me why Iso and Inferno are so loyal to the royal family?
    >Nice setup to contain Black Bolt. I guess the first thing Mosaic will do after possessing Magneto is to free BB.
    >But what of Lockjaw? I'd hate to think Fantomex left him drugged in an alley in... New Jersey.
    >You and the Cuckoos did a great job, Jeen! Awaiting the Fantomex/Karnak fight where Karnak mouths off about being able to see through Fantomex's misdirections.
    >Over in Uncanny Inhumans, Maximus said the terrigen cloud doesn't have the same potency as raw terrigen. Perhaps vacuuming it up and recrystalizing it will denature it completely, making it worthless even if the X-Men gave it back once done. Even without terrigen, it's not like the Inhumans will be sterile or lose their advanced technology or innately enhanced bodies. Such a loss, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which has to be set before IVX (since the teams get restructured into Gold and Blue immediately afterwards). So yes, she's met Storm already.
    To add to this, today's MG&DD is set at Halloween - in other words three months ago. Which confirms it. Until at least April, the whole series takes place last year, which explains the EXM appearance.

No one talked about recrystalizing, the X-Men had the means to contain the cloud as it was.
    Compressing the cloud is meant to facilitate its incineration, nothing else.
    I'm surprised so many are rushing at defending a conflict that could have been avoided EASILY. Rogue and Beast are the only one still worthy to pretend being X-Men at this point. If the New Mutants could take over the mantle already, the current generation is beyond lost to the cause imo.

"No justice, no peace."

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To add to this, today's MG&DD is set at Halloween - in other words three months ago. Which confirms it. Until at least April, the whole series takes place last year, which explains the EXM appearance.
    Except she just met ironheart, so it takes place after CWII.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Ironfahrt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Except she just met ironheart, so it takes place after CWII.
    Her meeting Storm and EXM def has to be in the past. By march the EXM will break up as a result of IvX, so it's not like, CW2>IvX>Lunella meets EXM>EXM breaks up.

More like CW2>Lunella meets EXM>IvX>EXM breaks up.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    No one talked about recrystalizing, the X-Men had the means to contain the cloud as it was.
    I'm surprised so many are rushing at defending a conflict that could have been avoided EASILY. Rogue and Beast are the only one still worthy to pretend being X-Men at this point. If the New Mutants could take over the mantle already, the current generation is beyond lost to the cause imo.
    This conflict started when Black Bolt decided to release a massive amount of terrigen mist into the atmosphere without so much as a care as to what effects it could have on the general population.

Again, the characters, in the book, didn't said they can contain the Mist. Maybe the machine can pull in and compress the mist while it is working, just long enough to destroy it. If it could contain the mist indefinitely, the characters would have said so and they would have used that solution but the author choose to ignore that possibility as it would remove any reason for the conflict.

In the issue this very thread is about.

I've been saying for a while the premise of this war doesn't hold up given the state of both factions at this point. Better late than never if you needed that issue to realize this story didn't hold up.

My point exactly. Doesn't make that particular plothole go away though, right now the X-Men are the one fueling a war that was canonically avoidable as of this issue.
    Eh no, Sombra (or whatever her name is) destroyed the machine AFTER she found out that the machine contained the cloud, turned it to solid and THEN it burn it; so why she simply just destroyed the burning part of the machine instead ?, but no, she destroyed the whole thing and took Forge so he couldnt rebuild it.

Unlike Beast, Rogue is not proposing to lie down and wait for death, i dont know what you are talking about.

And what the Inhumans are fighting for is not only to stop the X-men from destroying the cloud, but also stopping them from doing anything to the cloud.

I just love how everybody is calling Ido, Sombra. Lol