Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Question What happened to the Inhumans' Alpha Primitives?

Ever since Marvel started giving Inhumans their big push, they just disappeared. Did anything happen to them or is Marvel just pretending they don't exist because the Inhumans having a slave caste makes them look bad?

Ultimate Member

When the Inhumans moved Attilan to the Blue Area of the Moon, back in Fantastic Four #240 (1982), Black Bolt had them leave the tunnels under Attilan where they'd lived (having already been freed from servitude years before), and they dispersed either into the surrounding area, or the surrounding sub-terranean area (assuming that the Himalyas have a 'sub-terra,' a la the Mole Man's lands under the northeastern US).

Various other stories have contradicted this, since then, so who knows. They are supposed to be both short-lived and entirely incapable of reproducing themselves, as well as mostly incapable of developing any sort of new techniques or behaviors (such as hunting for survival), so it would make logical sense for them to all have died within a month of Black Bolt 'freeing' them, since they are about as capable of providing for their own survival as a handful of day old kittens tossed into a snowbank (having grown up in a Star Trek like city, where food comes out of dispenser slots when you push a button, and concepts like having to hunt for food, or find shelter from those warm and toasty Himalyan nights would be utterly beyond them).

They were kind of a terrible idea, one that was very quickly abandoned (it's been literal *decades* since this was a thing), and even the attempt to abandon it was pretty much 'hey, let's kick them all out of the only home they've ever known and send them all away to die of exposure and starvation!', so it's probably best to spit on the ground and speak of it no more.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They appeared in Shields of Agents as mindless slaves of Hive.

How long i know, they were freed in a forest or something like that.

Last I heard, They're chilling with Gorgons daughter Alecto on the blue area of the moon. Though Sutekh is right. Let's not speak of it anymore.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Incredible Member

Don't they already look pretty bad for releasing the cloud? Although this was brought up a lot on discussions, and it made them look worse indeed.

I've always had an aversion to that kind of government system they have, and the way their society is organized.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Apparently Realm of Kings is the last time they're seen. I know there was an Alpha Primitive preserve or something.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Ever since Marvel started giving Inhumans their big push, they just disappeared. Did anything happen to them or is Marvel just pretending they don't exist because the Inhumans having a slave caste makes them look bad?
    How will this make the Inhumans look bad? They are a byproduct of experiment from the Kree who wanted to make them their slave soldiers, they practiced Eugenics and their goverment used to be thru a Genetics Council. I don't think they will ever look good to anyone and especially not to most X-Fans. I don't even think Marvel is trying to make them look good or heroic one either likes their stories or they don't. There is no middle ground with the Inhumans
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-29-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Yeah, the Alpha Primitives don't make the Inhuman Royal Family look bad. They are the ones who essentially freed them.

It's a story about guilt, about the sins of the past generation haunting the new generation. It's about the younger, more progressive youth fixing the errors of their ancestors.

I feel like the only times the Alphas get brought up is to insinuate that Marvel's trying to sweep them under the rug because slavery in their past would make them hard to sell as "The New X-Men"... Newsflash: the Inhumans have over half a century of history and lore. They aren't the X-Men and they never will be; look to Inhumans fans and you'll find see that we're satisfied. If the Inhumans concept was being distorted or molded into something it shouldn't be, we would be the first to let y'all know. Other than the normal amount of All-New, All-Different era changing-things-up-ness that has effected every property, the Inhumans are still the same at their core: a bunch of weirdos who live in an inverse of the rest of the Marvel World, where diversity means equality and powered people are the majority, while the powerless are a minority. It's a fascinating dynamic.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Except even after they were freed, they were still on the lowest caste of society as the scan shows. Not to mention Inhumans and Alpha Primitives interacting was looked down upon, which is what happened with Gorgon's daughter.

Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan; 01-29-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Except even after they were freed, they were still on the lowest caste of society as the scan shows. Not to mention Inhumans and Alpha Primitives interacting was looked down upon, which is what happened with Gorgon's daughter.
    Because that has no real world parallels to draw from.

None at all.

Nope.

Ultimate Member

That's so weird. That 'Primitive' has a name (they didn't have names) and was talking (they couldn't speak, although they understood spoken instructions in the Inhuman language), nor did they have a biological gender (although they looked male) or any interest in / capacity for romantic relationships (or sex, or even friendships, for that matter), so I have no idea whether Reyno is some sort of mutant Alpha Primitive or that's yet another retcon to make the Inhumans look even worse or whatever. Yeesh.

As already stated upthread, the current Royal Family are among those who abolished slavery, so it's silly to blame them for having come from a slave-owning society. (Or to retcon them to be genetic elitists / purists / supremacists, when they cheered one of their two royal ladies marrying Quicksilver, a human/mutant/whatever-he-is-this-week and having a half-whatever child by him.) They've done more to *oppose* slavery than I ever did to oppose any slave-owning ancestors I might have had, and historically are 100% fine with intermarriage (or just interbreeding) between Inhumans and whomever (as the *hundreds of thousands* of Inhuman-DNA-having humans spread around the world seems to verify, as well as specific previous hybrids like Maelstrom and Luna).

IMO, all we've got is that *Gorgon* is not a fan of his daughter dating outside of the species. Hardly a ringing condemnation of the entire culture, any more than David Duke represents all white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Because that has no real world parallels to draw from.

None at all.

Nope.
    Yes, it made for a very compelling story. So why did Marvel get rid of them?
    Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan; 01-30-2017 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That's so weird. That 'Primitive' has a name (they didn't have names) and was talking (they couldn't speak, although they understood spoken instructions in the Inhuman language), nor did they have a biological gender (although they looked male) or any interest in / capacity for romantic relationships (or sex, or even friendships, for that matter), so I have no idea whether Reyno is some sort of mutant Alpha Primitive or that's yet another retcon to make the Inhumans look even worse or whatever. Yeesh.
    This was addressed in the story. It was suggested that the Alpha Primtives were starting to evolve or mutate.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Yes, it made for a very compelling story. So why did Marvel get rid of them?
    Because it's been kinda done. They aren't the responsibility of the Inhumans anymore, so they're free to make whatever society they so choose. The Inhumans are busy doing their own things, so the Alpha Primitives are completely on the table for any franchise to do stuff with but like many things, Marvel doesn't care about those things unless they're topical. Recently freed mentally handicapped sterile races ... not really topical.