View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arclight #4 (of 4)

1 7.69%
  • Dante (one-shot)

0 0%
  • Island Magazine #14

1 7.69%
  • Loose Ends #1 (of 4)

1 7.69%
  • No Mercy #13

1 7.69%
  • Reborn #4

4 30.77%
  • Revival #46

2 15.38%
  • Saga #42

2 15.38%
  • She Wolf #5

0 0%
  • Shutter #26

0 0%
  • Surgeon X #5

1 7.69%
  • Wayward #20

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 4 - Dante's tying up some Loose Ends

Welcome everyone, this is our weekly Image poll thread. Basically we vote on our faves and chat about comics, very simple so you should join in!

Last week saw the return of Kill Or Be Killed with its new storyline, which immediately paid dividends as it won our lil' weekly poll handily!

This week's another interesting one, with a lot of things happening so let's get to it. First up, Arclight is back and wrapping up its first story arc after many months. Wouldn't be surprised if this is also the last arc by the way, most of these former 8House titles were meant as mini's initially. Then there's a bunch of reprints, Green Valley gets one and Reborn is once again reprinting all of its available issues to go along with the new one - looks like this is a real hit. Island Magazine is back from a short break with new content, Saga goes back on hiatus after this week's issue, She Wolf begins a brand-new storyline this week, Wayward ends another storyline and Revival inches closer to the finale by hitting its penultimate issue this week!

Zoinks that's a lot already, but there's even more lined up:
    First up there's Loose Ends, the new mini-series by Jason Latour (of Southern Bastards) and Chris Brunner & Rico Renzi (I think they do Spider-Gwen at Marvel). This one's being described as "a gritty, slow-cooked, Southern crime romance that follows a winding trail down Tobacco Road, through the war-torn streets of Baghdad, and into the bright lights and bloody gutters of South Florida" and there's no way I can top that description. Looks promising!

Secondly we also get Dante this week, a one-shot about a former assassin with a guilty conscience who gets cursed, wakes up with magical tattoos and discovers his family is missing. Wowzers and I thought I wasn't a morning person.

269414.jpg 269415.jpg

No image this week, what the hell is with that?!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Revival #46
    Saga #42
    Shutter #26
    Wayward #20

Arclight #4: Very pretty, but not terribly satisfying. Not sorry that I read it, but I won't be picking up the trade.

Saga #42: Excepting the Will's new predicament (which, frankly, he was long overdue for given his former line of work), nothing terribly surprising here. I'm enjoying Saga, but the cast churn of this book is getting a little predictable.

No Mercy #13: This I also saw coming, but in a way that made me hope I was wrong. JFC. De Campi may be the most evil writer in comics right now... she knows how to give her audience just enough information to gut themselves with. I freakin' adore this book. My best of the week, Image or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    No image this week, what the hell is with that?!
    Yeah nothing for me either.

Just Black Monday Murders Vol. 1 (total double dip)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Just Black Monday Murders Vol. 1 (total double dip)
    Hey would you let the board know if there's extra material in the trade, or if they took anything out? The singles are almost enough for me, but I might get it anyway.

Sure, when I get down to pick it up, I'll report back.

There's a sketch section in the back showing some character drawings and cover sketches. Not much, but it's nice.

It's a wonderfully made book,though. Definitely worth the money. I hope we get some deluxe HC treatment eventually.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

No Image this week for me. I love Capullo's art on Reborn, but don't much care for the story. Anyone else reading this and feel the same?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    No Image this week for me. I love Capullo's art on Reborn, but don't much care for the story. Anyone else reading this and feel the same?
    Exactly the reason why I dropped it after issue 1, yes.
    For me this week was quite packed though, Revival was very good. Debating whether to re-read it all before the next issue, it's a long series to do that for though. Saga... Eh, I wasn't huge on this arc. I hope the next one foregoes the breakneck pacing for a while, I'd like a quiet introspective issue or two right about now. Weird perhaps and I understand the story really needed a big confrontation like this as it had been meandering for a while, but yeah.

She Wolf is still just a tad strange but I like the artstyle as always. Voted for Arclight because it looks gorgeous and occupies that From Under Mountains-shaped spacein my heart.

Haven't caught up with Island Magazine yet, love this week's cover though:
    266956.jpg

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Sadly, no Image for me, either! Wow--what's goin' on?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I've been out of the comics game for about a year and am just now getting back into it. Luckily, I now have an iPad so I can order monthly comics (I was just getting TPBs so I had to wait). It does seem like activity in the Image forums and polls is low right now. Has the quality dropped off much or is it just a lull in activity?
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I've been out of the comics game for about a year and am just now getting back into it. Luckily, I now have an iPad so I can order monthly comics (I was just getting TPBs so I had to wait). It does seem like activity in the Image forums and polls is low right now. Has the quality dropped off much or is it just a lull in activity?
    Quality is fine. This forum has just been super slow since I've been coming here the last 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Bit of a combination of things I think? Image has steadily been releasing fewer comics for a while now. As an example, they had 48 comics out in November 2016. That's 7 down from the month before (October 2016 had 55 comics, September had 52 so the drop is lesser if compared with that). The same could be said year-over-year; November 2015 they released 62 titles (so down by 14).

Whether that's a good or bad thing I find hard to say, I definitely recall several people complaining about delays here last year. Not sure if there's less delays now, but I guess there's fewer titles that CAN suffer delays haha. Maybe the growth is less explosive now, but I wouldn't say there's been a dramatic drop-off in quality.

As for the perception regarding activity on this board; since the new CBR website now has dedicated comment sections under every article, rather than here in the forums, there's generally fewer new topics appearing. These poll threads however usually average something between 10-25 votes and a page or two of comments, depending on how packed the week is.