Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why do we get dumb questions like this, it's already been answered 100 times, did you ignore those first 100 times, or are you starting a wank thread...

Fans don't give new characters a chance especially if the character is a female, minority or lgbt lead, there are actual comic shops who won't bother to order these comics, so Marvel being a smart company and knowing how close minded people are, have their legacy characters under the titles given to their OG characters, comic shops and fans then can't escape buying the big titles.

Also, is Riri not an Iron Man character ...then the Iron Man title is fine.

Also it's getting obvious that when Tony is revived they'll most likely share the book a la Hawkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    I was wondering when you would pull out the race card. Sorry, but teenage girl genius with the ghost of Tony Stark sidekick just isn't in my wheelhouse. You and I could probably go back and forth all day on this but we are going to just have to agree to disagree.
    The race card isn't a thing, stop trivializing racism b/c a character you like that exists in all other forms of media is being put on the back burner in one.

The persecution complex has got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    So you're saying she shouldn't exist as her own character, not riding the coat tails of an established hero?

Is it racist to buy a comic called "Invincible Iron Man" and expect to see that guy from the Iron Man movies in it?
    Did you read what was written, they didn't say that that Riri wasn't her own character and that she was riding the coat tails of Tony, nor did they accuse anyone wanting to read about Tony a racist ...like the reach, this isn't Space Jam and you're not Michael Jordan, you can stop.

If you're a comic fan then you should be aware of the changes to the book, and the general audience isn't as dumb as fans online like to believe, if they want to read about about Iron Man and sees a black female teen, they'll either ask the comic shop owner who should point them into the right direction, or they'll figure out that there is more than one Iron Man character.

Also there are what 7 billion people in this world, and when Marvel announced Riri the article garnered 2 billion views, yeah I think you don't have to worry about people not knowing, quite a hefty sum of people are aware, and they say thanks for your concern but they're big boys and girls.

Mighty Member

The fact that they didn't give her her own title is proof that she's a crappy marketing ploy.

And before you make the argument of "But if it doesn't have the title, it won't sell" Marvel published spider-gwen and gwenpool without having to use either name of their predecessors. If marvel thinks this character is so great, she should be able to seel a book based off her own title, and I'm not going to give a shot to a character that marvel itself clearly has no faith in.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    Well, that is deceptive advertising by Marvel. I'm not that stupid to fall for it. I'll buy Iron Man once it is about Iron Man again.
    How is it deceptive advertising when on her first issue, it read "Riri Williams is IRONHEART" with a drawing of a person who is clearly not tall enough to be Tony?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    So you're saying she shouldn't exist as her own character, not riding the coat tails of an established hero?

Is it racist to buy a comic called "Invincible Iron Man" and expect to see that guy from the Iron Man movies in it?
    Tony is still in it. The subplot are still Tony's sub-plots.

Ultimate Member

And where are the multiple threads complaining about Victor?