Default Arkham Manor-During or after Batman Eternal?

So I just picked up all three trades of Batman eternal from my library along with the first volume of Arkham Manor. This isn't the first time I've read eternal all the way through but my memory is a little hazy. Should I read the first trade of Arkham Manor after I finish the first volume of eternal, or somewhere between volume 2 and 3, or after Eternal?

TLDR, when should AM be read in relation to Batman Eternal?

I think you're fine reading it after you finish Eternal, since I believe it's set a little after Eternal ends.

Incredible Member

In my opinion, Arkham Manor takes place after the main action of Eternal #52 (but maybe before the epilogue?) because within the main Eternal series, the villains specifically do not return to Arkham after the asylum is destroyed - it would take some big leaps of logic for Arkham Manor to take place anywhere within Eternal's narrative. But like I said it might actually be before the last few pages.

Astonishing Member

Actually, I'm fairly sure Arkham Manor takes place between volumes of Batman Eternal - I seem to remember the status quo of "Eternal" bleeding into "Manor" at certain points in a way that would be too spoilery for the OP to mention.

Actually, don't click this ChaosIncarnate:

spoilers:
    Isn't Hush a prisoner in the Batcave in bits of Arkham Manor?
    end of spoilers

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Actually, I'm fairly sure Arkham Manor takes place between volumes of Batman Eternal - I seem to remember the status quo of "Eternal" bleeding into "Manor" at certain points in a way that would be too spoilery for the OP to mention.

Actually, don't click this ChaosIncarnate:

spoilers:
    Isn't Hush a prisoner in the Batcave in bits of Arkham Manor?
    end of spoilers
    Yes, that is the case. I think the idea that Arkham Manor happens parallel with volume 3 of Eternal is probably accurate.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Except, like I said, Eternal itself goes out of its way to stress that the villains don't return to captivity prior to the series' end - and a mass escape after Arkham Manor's triumphant ending would be ridiculous. Plus,

spoilers:
    Hush's fate after Batman Eternal has yet to be revealed; the last time we see him, Alfred foils his escape attempt in the Batcave. His presence there in Arkham Manor is not a clear indicator of placement; especially if Manor takes place soon after Eternal before Bruce figured out what to do with him.
    end of spoilers

Random question cuz I missed it, did Batman Eternal come out at the same time as Snyders main Bat title? Or was there a year break or something. Just curious what was coming out around it
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Incredible Member

Zero Year, that one-shot with Meek, and then Endgame ran concurrently to the end of Eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Zero Year, that one-shot with Meek, and then Endgame ran concurrently to the end of Eternal.
    Ok cool thanks
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont