Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Secret Empire Of Hydra Cap

Take a look at Captain America : Sam Wilson #7. It's there that Steve Rogers is about to die at the hands of Crossbones, but Kobik sees it and she has an intervention, making Steve young again. But that's not all she does, as we learn in Steve Rogers Captain America #1, something else was done to Cap.

Where do we learn all the other secrets about Steve Rogers curious outburst of : Hail Hydra? How much more have we learnt since then about the coming Secret Empire and what is about to happen

I seem to remember Zemo stuttering at some point while Kobik did the changes to Steve, and is now Steve's friend.

I'd like to fill in what's missing so far in the books that followed: Red Skull will be defeated by the Unity Squad leaving Steve sole leader of Hydra except Zemo. There is something about the Citauri swarm approaching and how that will help Steve achieve his Secret Empire.

BANNED

I wonder if there will be someone like an agent of shield or someone else who has successfully infiltrated hydra and knows of their plans and is working behind the scenes to prevent it as he cannot report the incredible truth and the extent to which Hydra has infiltrated in all walks of life. It would make it fun to read his adventres and his take on things may add layers to the story in terms of plot and context. He may also serve as a mouthpiece to reveal facets of Hydra plans and identify key figures. I also wonder if we get a surreal moment like Sam Wilson unmasking leader of hydra only to reveal it to be Steve and he is made to forget by red skull. It would be reminiscent of Steve unmasking the previous leader of hydra who is shockingly revealed to be a person of high political stature.

I haven't noticed any command structure that identifies major players except the Red Skull to the foot soldiers and the Unity Squad is soon to deal with that head on. I'm not sure foot soldiers would be privi to the Red Skulls connection to Steve Rogers, so I think it will be handled as just another crazy Hydra campaign by any deep cover SHIELD agents. There has been so little aspects of Rogers connection to Skull so far. In some cases it was face to face, in others it was a hologram reporting program.

That's the thing with this Secret Empire story. Red Skull is doing one thing, and Steve Rogers is just supposed to another subordinate like Crossbones and Sin. The other thing unclear is how Rogers is getting factories and Farmers to grow Chitauri on Earth, and the communications line to the Chitauri since Avengers Standoff and Kobik changing Steve into Hydra. Has she changed reality too, to have Steve always having these vague looking connections? It's starting to make me think yes, she has, because Steve just doesn't have the resources or the tech to do something like this. It must have always been in place and Skull knew it and Steve knew it. That is a scary prospect.

If Steve Rogers has been the victim of a reality change (and those 1920's - 1940's flashbacks are in fact real history), then Rogers had been the most deep cover Hydra agent of all time to hide it for 50 years. We are not talking just since Standoff anymore. Steve Rogers restrained from initiating his Hydra cover for 50 years and to what end? Just so the time was right after Standoff? Seems illogical. I would think if Steve was deep cover Hydra, he is never going to reveal he is Hydra. How could he? He's been playing a double agent this long, he isn't going to change that. I know Nick Fury destroyed Hydra after keeping his deep cover for 50 years too, so maybe it is possible once Fury's deep cover scheme was played out, Rogers' scheme was ripe for revelation as well?
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-27-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I haven't noticed any command structure that identifies major players except the Red Skull to the foot soldiers and the Unity Squad is soon to deal with that head on. I'm not sure foot soldiers would be privi to the Red Skulls connection to Steve Rogers, so I think it will be handled as just another crazy Hydra campaign by any deep cover SHIELD agents. There has been so little aspects of Rogers connection to Skull so far. In some cases it was face to face, in others it was a hologram reporting program.

That's the thing with this Secret Empire story. Red Skull is doing one thing, and Steve Rogers is just supposed to another subordinate like Crossbones and Sin. The other thing unclear is how Rogers is getting factories and Farmers to grow Chitauri on Earth, and the communications line to the Chitauri since Avengers Standoff and Kobik changing Steve into Hydra. Has she changed reality too, to have Steve always having these vague looking connections? It's starting to make me think yes, she has, because Steve just doesn't have the resources or the tech to do something like this. It must have always been in place and Skull knew it and Steve knew it. That is a scary prospect.

If Steve Rogers has been the victim of a reality change (and those 1920's - 1940's flashbacks are in fact real history), then Rogers had been the most deep cover Hydra agent of all time to hide it for 50 years. We are not talking just since Standoff anymore. Steve Rogers restrained from initiating his Hydra cover for 50 years and to what end? Just so the time was right after Standoff? Seems illogical. I would think if Steve was deep cover Hydra, he is never going to reveal he is Hydra. How could he? He's been playing a double agent this long, he isn't going to change that. I know Nick Fury destroyed Hydra after keeping his deep cover for 50 years too, so maybe it is possible once Fury's deep cover scheme was played out, Rogers' scheme was ripe for revelation as well?
    Steve's not gonna be like "Hi guys, I'm Hydra now!" He'll be outed, much like how President-Who's-Totally-Not-Nixon got exposed as the Number One of the Secret Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Steve's not gonna be like "Hi guys, I'm Hydra now!" He'll be outed, much like how President-Who's-Totally-Not-Nixon got exposed as the Number One of the Secret Empire.
    How did the Not Nixon one get outed, anyway?

all I know is that Madame Hydra is pulling the strings.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I wonder if there will be someone like an agent of shield or someone else who has successfully infiltrated hydra and knows of their plans and is working behind the scenes to prevent it as he cannot report the incredible truth and the extent to which Hydra has infiltrated in all walks of life. It would make it fun to read his adventres and his take on things may add layers to the story in terms of plot and context. He may also serve as a mouthpiece to reveal facets of Hydra plans and identify key figures. I also wonder if we get a surreal moment like Sam Wilson unmasking leader of hydra only to reveal it to be Steve and he is made to forget by red skull. It would be reminiscent of Steve unmasking the previous leader of hydra who is shockingly revealed to be a person of high political stature.
    I'm still wondering where coulson is going to fit in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    all I know is that Madame Hydra is pulling the strings.

Really? I haven't heard her mentioned yet in all this.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

She's the woman you see in the flashbacks who indoctrinates Steve into hydra who helped Steve and his mother escape his abusive father who ended up killing steves fatger then later mother when Steves mother attempted to run away and get Steve away from Madame hydra and hydra's infulence.

it's in the solicits for March, irrc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    She's the woman you see in the flashbacks who indoctrinates Steve into hydra who helped Steve and his mother escape his abusive father who ended up killing steves fatger then later mother when Steves mother attempted to run away and get Steve away from Madame hydra and hydra's infulence.
    Okay. That means those flashbacks aren't just implanted memories, but these incidents did happen, and this Madam Hydra from 1920 does exist today?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it's in the solicits for March, irrc.

Okay, I obviously haven't been taking notice. Thanks

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Okay. That means those flashbacks aren't just implanted memories, but these incidents did happen, and this Madam Hydra from 1920 does exist today?

Okay, I obviously haven't been taking notice. Thanks
    I just assumed it was and I then made my mind up that is was indeed Madame hydra we see in the flashbacks when I saw the March solitications I'll actually be surprised if the woman from the flashbacks isn't Madame hydra since it would make sense if it was but I think it very much is since she's been a longtime on and off again antagonist of Steve since the 60's and with the solitications I think it's safe to assume it is in fact Madame hydra aka viper I think like most characters she has slowed aging hence why she still looks very much young.

Bluebird

How did the Not Nixon one get outed, anyway?
    Cap literally unmasks Number One, sees Not-Nixon's face and quits out of guilt that he failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Cap literally unmasks Number One, sees Not-Nixon's face and quits out of guilt that he failed.
    Okay, thanks Stars & Stripes. It might be a little different in Hydra Caps case, because there's no mask to remove. I'm thinking if Miles is seen killing Hydra Cap in that Ulysses vision, Steve reveals himself and the War they've been mentioning at the close of Standoff is this one of Hydra vs the super heroes. If Steve fronts the concentration camps and the bullying, I think everyone will be smelling a rat.

BANNED

Okay, thanks Stars & Stripes. It might be a little different in Hydra Caps case, because there's no mask to remove. I'm thinking if Miles is seen killing Hydra Cap in that Ulysses vision, Steve reveals himself and the War they've been mentioning at the close of Standoff is this one of Hydra vs the super heroes. If Steve fronts the concentration camps and the bullying, I think everyone will be smelling a rat.
    How do you know trump has not donned the mask of CA and has been wearing the face of Steve all along?