Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    or the more logical choice of Ben Reilly; the evil version of Peter was just reintroduced.
    Well, I don't think either of Ben Reilly's costumes has a Hydra logo on his chest, so I'm guessing it's supposed to be alluding to Doctor Octopus becoming the "Superior Octopus."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I don't think either of Ben Reilly's costumes has a Hydra logo on his chest, so I'm guessing it's supposed to be alluding to Doctor Octopus becoming the "Superior Octopus."
    That would make more sense, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I wonder how significantly the X-men will figure into and tie into the secret empire story I'm thinking since underground and uprising seem really important to narrative of the story I'm assuming United which is the Emma frost and her X-men resistance one shot will hopefully be just as important.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    oh? and which of Clint Barton's costumes has a hydra symbol on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I wonder how significantly the X-men will figure into and tie into the secret empire story I'm thinking since underground and uprising seem really important to narrative of the story I'm assuming United which is the Emma frost and her X-men resistance one shot will hopefully be just as important.
    I expect the X to be a significant part of the resistance; as they are actively being targeted. at the very least, I imagine that they'll have more to do than they did during Civil War. the Red Skull is currently using Professor X's brain. so that automatically makes it a half-X event (imo).

here was the spider-hydra clue

I can admit when I am wrong. I didn't realize that Frontier had insider information.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I can admit when I am wrong. I didn't realize that Frontier had insider information.
    Come to the Spidey boards more often, good fellow. It can be a fun place, at least when we're not arguing about the quality of Dan Slott's work or the quality of Spider-Man comics in general since One More Day or even One More Day itself.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

after the reveal of Superior Octopus, I'm wondering how literally we are to be taking these hero variant covers. like the middle cover in the first row; is that supposed to be a Hydra-stylized Doctor Strange, one of his enemies, or a completely different character?

Well looks like some heroes are gonna fall for Steve's act because apparently some heroes who aren't reality warped are gonna side with Captain America and Hydra. If I had to take a guess of who it is, I'm gonna say Namor mainly because while a good character his actions can be questionable at times and very aggressive how he goes about things, not to mention he is a long time ally to Steve who would probably listen to what he says. My other guess would be Deadpool given how past issues and solicits have shown him as someone extremely loyal to Steve.

http://www.newsarama.com/33627-blade...new-world.html

Edit: Nevermind Namor is with the Invaders
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-17-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

after the reveal of Superior Octopus, I'm wondering how literally we are to be taking these hero variant covers. like the middle cover in the first row; is that supposed to be a Hydra-stylized Doctor Strange, one of his enemies, or a completely different character?
    It's Jean Grey, but they based it on her obsolete Extraordinary X-Men uniform instead of her X-Men Blue one.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's Jean Grey, but they based it on her obsolete Extraordinary X-Men uniform instead of her X-Men Blue one.
    ahhh, that makes more sense. I was getting a warlock/mordred the mystic vibe from it.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well looks like some heroes are gonna fall for Steve's act because apparently some heroes who aren't reality warped are gonna side with Captain America and Hydra. If I had to take a guess of who it is, I'm gonna say Namor mainly because while a good character his actions can be questionable at times and very aggressive how he goes about things, not to mention he is a long time ally to Steve who would probably listen to what he says. My other guess would be Deadpool given how past issues and solicits have shown him as someone extremely loyal to Steve.

http://www.newsarama.com/33627-blade...new-world.html

Edit: Nevermind Namor is with the Invaders
    who knows? he might change sides. I would have pegged him as an easy recruit. but it's going to suck for those non-mind-controlled heroes who side with him; after this is all over. everyone's going to look at them differently. I'm so excited for this event.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

who knows? he might change sides. I would have pegged him as an easy recruit. but it's going to suck for those non-mind-controlled heroes who side with him; after this is all over. everyone's going to look at them differently. I'm so excited for this event.
    I hope Carol puts steve into a coma this time jk.

BANNED

I expect the X to be a significant part of the resistance; as they are actively being targeted. at the very least, I imagine that they'll have more to do than they did during Civil War. the Red Skull is currently using Professor X's brain. so that automatically makes it a half-X event (imo).
    He is unconcious and in prison. I don't think that he will have Xavier powers during this event. Beast is ready to start operation.

Ianbarreilles
    They will do something in their one shot and be soldiers in main event. Promoting defenders, guardians, cap marvel is much more important.