Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Please bring Bart back

I have been a loooooong time Flash fan...been reading it and all the related series since Wally's Flash number one in 1987. I have lots of love for Barry, Wally, Bart, Jay and Jesse.
    While I understood with the New 52 clearing the decks of too many Flashes to establish Barry as the primary Flash...I missed the Speed Force family. The only hope I had was Bart appearing in Teen Titans as Kid Flash, like he did pre Flashpoint. But I never really connected to him within the New 52 Titans book...not trying to knock Scott Lobdell but he didn't give us Bart Allen...he gave us Bar Torr (I am not even going to get started on that).

But "Flash"-forward a few years and we have a whole new Flash Family. We still have Barry...we got the new Wally as Kid Flash...we got OUR Wally back in Rebirth and Titans. We even have a Flash of China coming soon (Avery Ho). Since Bart disappeared near the end of the last Teen Titans run...it looks like he was just Wally'd (kicked to the curb by editorial).

Is there still love for Bart out there at DC? Can Geoff and Josh Williamson bring a "Rebirth-ed" Bart? And since the New Wally is Kid Flash....any chance he can come back as IMPULSE?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marxtles View Post

Is there still love for Bart out there at DC? Can Geoff and Josh Williamson bring a "Rebirth-ed" Bart? And since the New Wally is Kid Flash....any chance he can come back as IMPULSE?
    I think he will be but that Kid Flash could be an obstacle since they would be roughly the same age.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

I have been a loooooong time Flash fan...been reading it and all the related series since Wally's Flash number one in 1987. I have lots of love for Barry, Wally, Bart, Jay and Jesse.
    While I understood with the New 52 clearing the decks of too many Flashes to establish Barry as the primary Flash...I missed the Speed Force family. The only hope I had was Bart appearing in Teen Titans as Kid Flash, like he did pre Flashpoint. But I never really connected to him within the New 52 Titans book...not trying to knock Scott Lobdell but he didn't give us Bart Allen...he gave us Bar Torr (I am not even going to get started on that).

But "Flash"-forward a few years and we have a whole new Flash Family. We still have Barry...we got the new Wally as Kid Flash...we got OUR Wally back in Rebirth and Titans. We even have a Flash of China coming soon (Avery Ho). Since Bart disappeared near the end of the last Teen Titans run...it looks like he was just Wally'd (kicked to the curb by editorial).

I feel your pain man, Barry Allen Flash is my favorite character in the DCU, and I was really loving the "Brightest Day" DC Flash series, so needless to say I was pretty peeved when they took a sledge hammer to the Flash franchise with new 52. One of the biggest attractions to the Flash was the generational aspect of the Flash family, at least for me, so doing away with all of that just really made me largly stop caring about the Flash for Awhile. But anyway Screw New Wally as Kid Flash, I want Bart to come back as well, and honestly I'm sure he will, but bringing him back as Impulse would be a big downgrade for him. That would be like making Tim Robin again, Bart deserves the mantle of Kid Flash and crap 52 wally does not. But I'm sure Jay, Max Mercury, Bart, the whole Flash family will return at some point in the Rebirth initiative.

BANNED

Bart is BEST as Impulse IMO,it's where his personality and story telling thrived.

I say let him comeback,but as more covert on earth or through the multiverse,with his best friend's,Kon and Tim.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    I feel your pain man, Barry Allen Flash is my favorite character in the DCU, and I was really loving the "Brightest Day" DC Flash series, so needless to say I was pretty peeved when they took a sledge hammer to the Flash franchise with new 52. One of the biggest attractions to the Flash was the generational aspect of the Flash family, at least for me, so doing away with all of that just really made me largly stop caring about the Flash for Awhile. But anyway Screw New Wally as Kid Flash, I want Bart to come back as well, and honestly I'm sure he will, but bringing him back as Impulse would be a big downgrade for him. That would be like making Tim Robin again, Bart deserves the mantle of Kid Flash and crap 52 wally does not. But I'm sure Jay, Max Mercury, Bart, the whole Flash family will return at some point in the Rebirth initiative.
    The problem with their return and the start of Williamson's run is that the entire speedster concept is now going to be really watered down. We'll have the original Flash Family, new Kid Flash, the speedsters that William introduced, Godspeed, Prof. Zoom, and the West Reverse-Flash. The speedster concept is being penalized by writers who are trying too hard to make their own mark. Manapul with his Reverse-Flash. Venditti with his versionof Prof. Zoom. Now Williamson with his "Speed Storm" speedsters and Godspeed (who is a lot like Williamson creating his own version of Zoom.) Geoff Johns and the Flash editors should veto the creation of any more super speedsters.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    The problem with their return and the start of Williamson's run is that the entire speedster concept is now going to be really watered down. We'll have the original Flash Family, new Kid Flash, the speedsters that William introduced, Godspeed, Prof. Zoom, and the West Reverse-Flash. The speedster concept is being penalized by writers who are trying too hard to make their own mark. Manapul with his Reverse-Flash. Venditti with his versionof Prof. Zoom. Now Williamson with his "Speed Storm" speedsters and Godspeed (who is a lot like Williamson creating his own version of Zoom.) Geoff Johns and the Flash editors should veto the creation of any more super speedsters.
    I'm with ya on this, too many speedsters lately for sure. Personally I think Williamson's run is not good, and Godspeed and West-Reverse Flash, ugh, I hope Bart travels back in time and erases them from existence lol. Just give me the original Flash family and I'm good.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'd love to see Bart come back as Impulse
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

the problem with New Wally is he is largely unpopular(at least at my LCS) nobody asked for his creation and nobody sure as heck asked for him to be Kid Flash, I've heard people say Wally is too similar to Barry, well I don't think so, but we literally have two Wally West's with the same name with a almost identical backstory, its just ridiculous. The DC universe was pretty awful IMO at the end of the DCYOU era/start of Rebirth, the Teen Titans book has been one of the worst of the New 52 and the last thing we need now is some new synergy/crappy TV Kid Flash. Bart is a far superior and much better(and more popular) character for Kid Flash than New Wally. But DC isn't dumb, they know people want Bart back, and I'm sure he will return at some point in the Rebirth era.

I don't think they want Barry's fate to be predetermined.

Astonishing Member

Williamson has said that he'd like to bring back Impulse and that he was his favourite character as a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Williamson has said that he'd like to bring back Impulse and that he was his favourite character as a teenager.
    if he comes back as impulse he needs his own book, or a spot in a new speed force book(along with Jay, Wally, etc) I also wouldn't be surprised if he's lost in the speed force too, the way Wally was in Rebirth.

Bart is one of my all-time favs and I'd love to have him back. However, if we are going to get the Bar-Torr version, it may be best he says away.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    if he comes back as impulse he needs his own book, or a spot in a new speed force book(along with Jay, Wally, etc) I also wouldn't be surprised if he's lost in the speed force too, the way Wally was in Rebirth.
    I think that would be a good story for Bart coming back.

Given DC's investment in the new Kid Flash, it seems to me that it's going to be a while before they bring in another Flash character that convolutes the Wallys/Kid Flashes any more than it already is.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

BANNED

I'm almost certain Bart will be back within a couple years, definitely as Impulse, in order to repair the damage done to the Young Justice generation during the New 52. They must have plans for that entire generation of heroes who were extremely popular before the reboot, absolutely trashed during the reboot, and are suspiciously absent from the DCU at the moment. He'll be back.

Although as long as Nu Wally is around they might keep him away from the main Flash book and limit most of his appearances to team books. Whatever, as long as it's not Bar-Torr.

Bart should come back as Impulse and become partners with Wally instead of Barry.
    I agree with others that speedster concept is being screwed over, especially evil speedsters. Man, I recently reread entire volume 2 and some Silver Age stories. When an evil speedster appeared SHIT GOT REAL, it was a rare but devastating occurance like an earthquake, y'know what i'm saying? Waid kinda went overboard with it by the end of his run but Johns spent a good part of his run focused on non-speedster enemies, which was freaking awesome. When Zoom appeared, it was such an earth changing moment, and his story was so satisfying due to build up before. Now everyone gets to be an evil speedster, what's the point?

I blame Brian Cunningham, the editor. He was behind the title in New 52, and he still edits the book in Rebirth.

I really hope Johns takes over the franchise when we get closer to movie and cleans out Speed Force. Besides Thawne and Zolomon, there is no need for an evil speedster (Maybe Savitar for "greater scope" villainy but that's it), I want those two to go on a murdering rampage and get rid of Godspeed & West-RF. It takes away from their threatening level.