Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    Storm hit Polaris with lightning, over charging her powers. Which in tandem where used to disrupt the magnetic field around Krakoa and sent it to space.
    Yes, and I do believe actually restored what they referred to as "the fading magnetic powers of the girl called Lorna Dane."

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    frankly a island feeding on mutant energy didn't make sense in first place so I am not too bothered about what happened.
    But you're okay with people shooting lasers out of their eyes?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    whats that jean power? and how is she flying since she isnt phoenix yet?
    Jean at that point in time could levitate... But, you would be correct -- Jean didn't begin to actually fly until "UX-Men #105", (March 1977).

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, and I do believe actually restored what they referred to as "the fading magnetic powers of the girl called Lorna Dane."
    Yes not sure why they were fading...besides being feasted on.

I think they had begun to fade after Lorna's origin and magneto battle, but I don't know why.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    But you're okay with people shooting lasers out of their eyes?
    oh if you put it that way maybe I should revise my opinion but what I was referring to was the use of weird plot devices. A island mutant or whatever the hell it was couldn't sustain itself when mutants were such a scarce breed at the time it evolved so it should have starved to death unless I am missing something. Anyway going by the whale analogy would need whole schools of. mutants to sustain itself which would mean it would be impossible for it to remain hidden.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 01-31-2017 at 07:58 PM.

frankly a island feeding on mutant energy didn't make sense in first place so I am not too bothered about what happened.
    Keep in mind, they had only recently found it, so maybe it hadn't started feeding on mutant energy until real recently.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Whether or not if you like it (or accept it), Deadly Genesis is canon as some of those characters (well really 1) is still around. And honestly the backstory of Deadly Genesis does NOTHING to infringe upon the actual events depicted in the first story.
    It does make one of my favorite Nightcrawler stories a bit awkward, now.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    It does make one of my favorite Nightcrawler stories a bit awkward, now.
    ...are you talking about the Krakoa Jr tale in Excalibur?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Keep in mind, they had only recently found it, so maybe it hadn't started feeding on mutant energy until real recently.
    regardless of when it was found if it was newborn it would require even more mutants since energy is needed in larger amounts to assuage hunger in newborns and if it was old then it will still have needed to consume many mutants to sustain its living ecosystem. Either way it should have been discovered much before.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    ...are you talking about the Krakoa Jr tale in Excalibur?
    Yeah. I have a soft spot for the Son of Krakoa. One of the better Scott Lobdell one offs.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Yeah. I have a soft spot for the Son of Krakoa. One of the better Scott Lobdell one offs.
    Fab. XD I'm fond of it too.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Nightbreed?

You're killing me...

And Deadly Genesis (with Vulcan) was utter crap. The ENORMOUS amount of retcon to make that even PLAUSABLE is insane.
    I think the opposite. I loved the story and background on how Vulcan, Darwin, Petra and Sway was done. It gave us a new look on how Xavier totally misused his powers.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

oh if you put it that way maybe I should revise my opinion but what I was referring to was the use of weird plot devices. A island mutant or whatever the hell it was couldn't sustain itself when mutants were such a scarce breed at the time it evolved so it should have starved to death unless I am missing something. Anyway going by the whale analogy would need whole schools of. mutants to sustain itself which would mean it would be impossible for it to remain hidden.
    regardless of when it was found if it was newborn it would require even more mutants since energy is needed in larger amounts to assuage hunger in newborns and if it was old then it will still have needed to consume many mutants to sustain its living ecosystem. Either way it should have been discovered much before.
    See, the thing is - I never got the impression it HAD to feed off "Mutant Energy" in order to survive. It merely thrived off of it. Similar to how we technically don't need to eat meat, we could live off vegetables and fruit, but those of us who do eat meat, do so because we enjoy the taste of it. The island of Krakoa already had a lot of unique things about it (like the giant sized crabs from the radiation and what not). So I think when it "discovered" it could devour mutant energy, it became what it preferred. I'd wager that it probably fed off the abundant and large creatures that lived on the island, in some regard (perhaps devouring their carcasses and what not into the soil).

Deadly Genesis (with Vulcan) was utter crap. The ENORMOUS amount of retcon to make that even PLAUSABLE is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think the opposite. I loved the story and background on how Vulcan, Darwin, Petra and Sway was done. It gave us a new look on how Xavier totally misused his powers.
    The wide scale mind wipe that Professor Xavier would have accomplished would have been nauseating. It would have included members of the Shi'ar Empire, as well as all of the mutants, and their families. Sure, he wouldn't have to mind wipe Corsair, because he was unaware of Gabriel. But Professor Xavier would have had to mind wipe anyone and EVERYONE who knew Sway, Petra, or Darwin. This would have included all of their family members (mother, father, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, etc), including their teachers from school, all of their classmates that ever interacted with them, etc. This also included Cyclops (and must have included Marvel Girl, and the rest of the original X-Men, as well as Havok, Polaris, etc - who were on Krokoa and must have been aware of Vulcan). And then, there's probably some Shi'ar he'd have to mind wipe as well; possibly Lilandra who probably knew what her brother was up to; and had to have mind wiped Gladiator, since he is loyal to the throne, and at the time, had been serving D'Ken, so he was probably aware of D'Ken's doings with Vulcan. Do you really think he went that far to "remove all evidence" of his failure? And if so, why on Earth would he recruit another team to march them off to their deaths, if the previous team (who had some training with him!?) perished - he'd send a completely inexperienced team that's never worked together? WHAT?

It simply does NOT make sense. At all. Vulcan was Brubaker wanting to make "a big, powerful character" and tamper with an original story, and do a retcon, so that his "new" character has some importance. That's all that was. And it may have been at Marvel's discretion to do so; I don't entirely blame Brubaker. They may have said, "Do something with this lingering Summer's brother thing, just don't make it Fabian's Adam-X, which he had already set the ground work for - disregard all of that, borrow a lot of his ideas, but make it your own."
    Last edited by Adam-X; 02-01-2017 at 12:02 AM.