View Poll Results: Who's Worse?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Scarlet Witch. A Mutant Pox On Her House.

23 21.10%
  • Medusa. May Her Hairline Edges Forever Be Thin

49 44.95%
  • I Don't Hate Either Of These Characters! #MakeAmericaHumanAgain

17 15.60%
  • Hank McCoy Is The Real Enemy

20 18.35%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who Do You Despise More? : The Scarlet Witch or Medusa, Queen of Inhumans

Over the past TEN years, mutantkind has been wiped out TWICE.

In no small part due to the actions, words and/or indifference of two soulless redheads.

X-fans may be bitterly divided thanks to Schism and character worship, but they unite in their hatred and disdain of Medusa and the Scarlet Witch.

But who's worse?

Medusa, Queen of the "But Mah Culture" Xenophobic SlaveOwners

or

The Scarlet Witch, The Original Mutant Genocide Trendstarter

BANNED

Oof! A real sophie's choice here.

that isnt wanda, it just one of the halfs of remember´s voice, the other beign havok

BANNED

I feel like Wanda's at least nutso. That a defense of some sort, Medusa's just a bitch.

They both have their issues. Wanda's responses to what she did range from "not my fault" to "who cares about mutants" with depression and mental issues peppered in between while Medusa is a sanctimonious religious zealot.

Wanda gets a quasi pass. She got Bendised, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Wanda at least had the excuse that A) she wasn't entirely mentally stable and B) was derailed by Bendis
    Medusa has no excuses

Wanda was corrupted by the life force and wasn't on her right mind. She tried to fix things after she gained her memories of it back and actually felt sorry for what she did. That page was made years later and don't really feel right compared to her original reaction to the situation.

Medusa, on the other side, just puts the mists above mutant's lifes. Yes she made Beast and Iso start working for a cure, but she only did that because Storm make a truce, after she and BB decided to kill Scott for destroying the cloud. She's completely sane and really thinks the Inhumans just matters more and I don't think she will change her mind anytime soon. Wanda was written horribly with the "She's Magneto's daugther so it makes sense for her to be evil" while Medusa, that's just who she is.

Also, when the story was made, Wanda was a mutant herself.

I do not hate either one.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

With a combination of being mentally ill, being possessed by the Life Force, and unleashing the full force of chaos magic, Scarlet Witch has a real defense. In Children's Crusade, she honestly felt bad about what she had done and she wasn't in the right state of mind. In AVX, she even helped out (in her own way) the mutant gene restarting, which retroactively fixing the underlying problem of Decimation. I doubt those who lost their powers will ever get it back but she did her best with what she had.

Medusa is far worse mostly because she is neurotypical and knows the consequences of her actions.

Mighty Member

As others have said. Wanda, at least, was mentally ill. (Not her fault Remender turned her in an unrepentant monster)

Medusa, on the other hand, is a militaristic cult leader.

BANNED

Even Remender's Wanda was a character you loved to hate. The trolling was glorious.

Medusa though. Just basic and loathsome.

Incredible Member

Scarlet Witch genocided mutants to get back at her father, her retcon about Life-Force and Doom didn't make the slightless sense and she held some degree of responsibility on all of it, made the Phoenix Force come to earth which killed millions in the way, but she somewhat helped reingite the X-gene, but she behaved like a bitch after everything, turned mutants life a hell for years and years, didn't receive punishment and basically was who started this trend of extinction that's been for more than a decade already.

VS.

Medusa, didn't release the cloud it was her asshole husband, at least in this case it was accidental, but they killed Cyclops and let the cloud roam after knowing it was dangerous, but they were working on a cure and evacuating mutants and had a somewhat a legit reason to keep the cloud, but still they would put gaining superpowers above mutants life, she made life a hell for mutants for over a year. But they're being kicked to space in the end, but they're probably going to kill Emma. But they were never heroes, they were always space nazis.

It's difficult, I hate both, but Scarlet Witch is the winner.
    Last edited by lollie_poppy; 01-27-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Medusa. And it's not even close. She knows full well that the clouds are decimating mutants. It's basically genocide and she couldn't care less.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agronac919 View Post
    Wanda at least had the excuse that A) she wasn't entirely mentally stable and B) was derailed by Bendis
    Medusa has no excuses
    Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I feel like Wanda's at least nutso. That a defense of some sort, Medusa's just a bitch.
    Agreed 100% on these
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor