View Poll Results: Who's Worse?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Scarlet Witch. A Mutant Pox On Her House.

23 21.10%
  • Medusa. May Her Hairline Edges Forever Be Thin

49 44.95%
  • I Don't Hate Either Of These Characters! #MakeAmericaHumanAgain

17 15.60%
  • Hank McCoy Is The Real Enemy

20 18.35%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I hate both equally.

Wanda's insane genocide gets a pass because she was cray cray but her bitterly unrepentant attitude and feelings of victimization after and constant thoughts of saying 'No More Mutants'? Evil.
    Medusa's cult leader posturing, putting the investigation of the Sky Spears above finding a way to save mutant lives, making sure no one could touch the sacred cloud[s] upon penalty of death, and just letting thousands of people (mutants and humans without enough Inhuman DNA) die horribly because it was politically and religiously expedient for her and her Inhumans? Evil.

Both are unrepentantly genocidal and would probably do the same thing again if given the chance. The only difference is that Wanda instigated her genocide while Medusa actively made sure hers was furthered after being started by Black Bolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

they both are genocidal, I hate Wanda AND Medusa.
    and Beast is a freaking idiot.

Niffleheim

This warms my heart Why wasn't Jean Grey included in that Redhead list? My vote is I Hate Neither
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I hate both equally.

Wanda's insane genocide gets a pass because she was cray cray but her bitterly unrepentant attitude and feelings of victimization after and constant thoughts of saying 'No More Mutants'? Evil.
    Medusa's cult leader posturing, putting the investigation of the Sky Spears above finding a way to save mutant lives, making sure no one could touch the sacred cloud[s] upon penalty of death, and just letting thousands of people (mutants and humans without enough Inhuman DNA) die horribly because it was politically and religiously expedient for her and her Inhumans? Evil.

Both are unrepentantly genocidal and would probably do the same thing again if given the chance. The only difference is that Wanda instigated her genocide while Medusa actively made sure hers was furthered after being started by Black Bolt.
    I think children's crusade retconned that she was corrupted by the life force sooooo yeah in order to instigate said genocide she would've needed to at least been in control of her actions which she wasn't so yeah but no.

This was even acknowledged during axis with her history with doom so it's still very much canon so no matter how much you disagree with said retcon the fact of the matter is she was in no way in control of her actions what she did in avengers disassembled and the house of m.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 01-27-2017 at 08:40 PM.

As always, Beast is the worst.

Shouldn't Black Bolt be lumped in with Medusa since he was the one responsible for releasing the cloud and taking all those lives?
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    This warms my heart Why wasn't Jean Grey included in that Redhead list? My vote is I Hate Neither
    ^^^This 100%, I Vote For Neither, Even Thought I find the whole of the Poll Very Bias to be honest.

Also, If I could Include Beast in my Vote of No Hate I do.

Many Know My Name around these Parts and My Say on Scarlet Witch, So Many Know that I can put up one Hell of a Post about My Gal Wanda, So lets just Leave it at shall-we, for Now.

As for Medusa I would LOVE to Meet this Lady all My Fellow X-Fans are Talking about.......cause I really have never meet this lady in the books. Serious, who is that Medusa cause it sounds more like a Bendis puppet then the Medusa I been reading and loving the past 2 years by Many Several Country Miles.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 01-27-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Shouldn't Black Bolt be lumped in with Medusa since he was the one responsible for releasing the cloud and taking all those lives?
    Yeah, he did it, and left her to clean up his shit.
    And to deal with it.
    And she did.

But I have not read current Inhumans in over a year, so I have no idea what is going on now.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Fantastic Member

I think Wanda takes the cake for her Danger Room rant at Rogue about the validity of the M-word speech. On the other hand the wound has been soothed by her being retconned out of being a mutant and Mags' daughter lmaowtfcomics.

Comparatively even though Medusa has been apathetic she hasn't said anything pointedly aimed at calling out the X-Men. So I don't really have much beef with her, other than I think Crystal is a better Inhuman leader to elevate and I don't care much for prehensile hair powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Yeah, he did it, and left her to clean up his shit.
    And to deal with it.
    And she did.

But I have not read current Inhumans in over a year, so I have no idea what is going on now.
    Trust Me Cold Water, it is a Whole Lot Better then many around on some Thread talk about, I Greatly Suggest getting back into the Series, Mainly Soule's stuff and All-New Inhumans.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Trust Me Cold Water, it is a Whole Lot Better then many around on some Thread talk about, I Greatly Suggest getting back into the Series, Mainly Soule's stuff and All-New Inhumans.
    Are they in trade yet?
    If so, i will pick them.up.♡
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Scrub that. Scrub the entire thing. I was pissed off at the situation, and kind of not thinking about what I was putting down. While it stands to reason that the Inhuman Royal Family as a whole have been negligent in the matter of dealing with the more toxic effects of the Terrigen Cloud on non-Inhumans, which could factor into longstanding issues of placing the well-being of their own people first regardless of it coming at the expense of others, it might be a little too far to say that they're supremacists on the same level as the worst interpretations of Magneto, to say nothing of the likes of Apocalypse. A little too convinced of their innate rights as a people to consider that other people(s) have rights, too? That argument can be made, and it's more accurate on some days compared to others, and yes, like Cold Water said, Medusa was pretty much stuck holding the stinking bag of s*** Black Bolt left her.

At the same time, though, she was a willing party to the murder of "Cyclops" when "he" neutralized half of the Terrigen Cloud back in Death of X, and unlike the Scarlet Witch, she was in full control of her faculties and of sound mind when that happened. There's also the issue, if you go by certain panels, of her treating what's happening to the mutants as a result of the Cloud spreading across the planet like an inconvenience rather than an actual catastrophic problem, which contributes to the ill will here and elsewhere for her and the Inhumans as a whole. Ultimately, it seems the Inhuman royals will have a lot of amends to make to mutants once everything's settled . . . or they could just blame Maximus, say he used his powers to amplify their superiority complexes while dulling their senses of empathy and compassion so that they'd be less/not inclined to do anything about the Cloud's spread. That always works.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 01-27-2017 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Was too pissed to be posting at the time.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I think children's crusade retconned that she was corrupted by the life force sooooo yeah in order to instigate said genocide she would've needed to at least been in control of her actions which she wasn't so yeah but no.
    This was even acknowledged during axis with her history with doom so it's still very much canon so no matter how much you disagree with said retcon the fact of the matter is she was in no way in control of her actions what she did in avengers disassembled and the house of m.
    Yes, yes. Doom did it, the Life Force did it, Master Pandemonium frelling with her 'children' did it... Whatever. Try and defend her from my main point: she didn't give a damn about mutants once she was finally back in her right mind, was constantly dwelling on 'No More Mutants', saw no good reason for mutants to even continue to exist, and remains unrepentant for her actions. Wanda's attitude in Uncanny Avengers was callous and self-centered, and she hasn't suffered in the least for wiping out mutants. No, repowering Rictor doesn't wipe her slate clean. Hell, she was even given her kids back like some kind of reward. Wanda taking no personal responsibility for No More Mutants is like Medusa not claiming responsibility for the terrigen clouds: should you do nothing about a situation that you were/are involved in which is hurting so many people? Should you not feel the least bit guilty about your involvement whether intentional or not in genocide?
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-27-2017 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Yes, yes. Doom did it, the Life Force did it, Master Pandemonium frelling with her 'children' did it... Whatever. Try and defend her from my main point: she didn't give a damn about mutants once she was finally back in her right mind, was constantly dwelling on 'No More Mutants', saw no good reason for mutants to even continue to exist, and remains unrepentant for her actions. Wanda's attitude in Uncanny Avengers was callous and self-centered, and she hasn't suffered in the least for wiping out mutants. No, repowering Rictor doesn't wipe her slate clean. Hell, she was even given her kids back like soe kind of reward. Wanda taking no personal responsibility for No More Mutants is like Medusa not claiming responsibility for the terrigen clouds: should you do nothing about a situation that you were/are involved in which is hurting so many people? Should you not feel the least bit guilty about your involvement whether intentional or not in genocide?
    I say this as someone who is a major fan of the X-men I don't think Wanda or medusa are bad people I'll just say that.

Lightbulb

Yes, yes. Doom did it, the Life Force did it, Master Pandemonium frelling with her 'children' did it... Whatever. Try and defend her from my main point: she didn't give a damn about mutants once she was finally back in her right mind, was constantly dwelling on 'No More Mutants', saw no good reason for mutants to even continue to exist, and remains unrepentant for her actions. Wanda's attitude in Uncanny Avengers was callous and self-centered, and she hasn't suffered in the least for wiping out mutants. No, repowering Rictor doesn't wipe her slate clean. Hell, she was even given her kids back like soe kind of reward. Wanda taking no personal responsibility for No More Mutants is like Medusa not claiming responsibility for the terrigen clouds: should you do nothing about a situation that you were/are involved in which is hurting so many people? Should you not feel the least bit guilty about your involvement whether intentional or not in genocide?
    Whether or Not Fans that don't like her don't like the Comeback or Not really does not matter anymore, Fans gave an OK to the Crud-Shot that was Bendis's Story, so it gets an equally quick fix to her as well.

Wanda has taken Responsibility, she has cared about mutants, she does not hate........Blah, Blah, Blah I have done this over 1,000 times on these topics, I know I am right, but I am bored of it right now.

Wanda does not belong to anyone that dislikes her, she belongs to her fans and those fans that see the truth of her real positive qualities of her character that see threw the miss-mash of bad writing and missteps.

Come talk to me when one wants to have an Open Minded Conversation about her.