View Poll Results: Who's Worse?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Scarlet Witch. A Mutant Pox On Her House.

23 21.10%
  • Medusa. May Her Hairline Edges Forever Be Thin

49 44.95%
  • I Don't Hate Either Of These Characters! #MakeAmericaHumanAgain

17 15.60%
  • Hank McCoy Is The Real Enemy

20 18.35%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Medusa. It's not even close. What Wanda did was pretty bad, but at least she could attribute some of her actions to mental illness and manipulation. Medusa has no excuses. She's queen of a powerful cult of racist, xenophobic slave-owners who flat out murder someone who dares to change their precious cloud. She deserves no respect, no adulation, and no hero status whatsoever. Nuff said!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I hate to throw out the misogyny word but to me it seems like Medusa is being lumped in with Wanda because she's also a woman. This is Blackbolt's mess. I don't like the Inhumans position at all but Medusa really didn't cause this issue. Blackbolt did and minimally he knew there would be humans casualities because the mists were fatal to humans from Silent War and Son of M. Medusa has been attempting to save mutants, I think it's total statecraft on her part rather than actual concern but I have not seen her ask why mutants even need to be born.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I hate to throw out the misogyny word but to me it seems like Medusa is being lumped in with Wanda because she's also a woman. This is Blackbolt's mess. I don't like the Inhumans position at all but Medusa really didn't cause this issue. Blackbolt did and minimally he knew there would be humans casualities because the mists were fatal to humans from Silent War and Son of M. Medusa has been attempting to save mutants, I think it's total statecraft on her part rather than actual concern but I have not seen her ask why mutants even need to be born.
    Don't hate throwing it out there.
    It exists, and it's true.
    We don't need to pretend this **** doesn't happen still today.
    And your entire post is correct: This was Blackbolt's ****.
    Like, I stated earlier: This is his mess, and he left her to deal with it.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Medusa.

It's true that Black Bolt did create this problem the mutants are facing, although Medusa's actions post what her former husband has done puts her right up there with him IMO. Her overall nonchalant attitude regarding the clouds negative effects on the mutant race, and the fact that we've seen her act like helping mutants is irksome to her, is something that truly makes her a terrible character. This was something that goes back to the X-Men: Civil War II tie in, where she had the conversation with Storm where she acted like she was better then Storm, and had the audacity to threaten to attack the X-Men for crimes against her people (all the while her cloud was roaming around killing the mutant race). Then there's the fact that instead of holding her husband accountable for his actions, all she's done is strip him of his title. You think she would have him out there dealing with this crap he's caused, but no, she lets him run some club so he can be all angsty instead. Then there's the fact that she played a part in killing "Cyclops" with no hesitation for what he supposedly did to her race, yet if the X-Men were to try ensure their races survival, to her that is just crossing a line and the X-Men should just sit on the sidelines and just wait for death. Or go to space. Whatever doesn't inconvenience her.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-28-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I feel like Wanda's at least nutso. That a defense of some sort, Medusa's just a bitch.
    Yeah. Wanda's had at least one foot in the cuckoo's nest since the late 80s. On the other hand, Medusa didn't directly cause the terrigen to release, while Wanda was directly responsible for the deaths of many mutants. So it can go either way.

I actually like all three of those characters.

I do NOT like a lot of the stories and directions their characters have been in and had thrust upon them by the writers and editors that have been in charge of them for the last few years though.

Kind of like how I really dig the Original X-Men but, I hate that they are still in modern times.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I do not hate either one.
    This. If anything I'm just indifferent towards them... they're just kinda there.

Medusa. Wanda had been corrupted by the power and even then, once she got her memory back, tried to reverse the spell to restore mutantkind and in the end, along with Hope, succeeded. Medusa on the other hand sees the suffering the Terrigen Mists have caused mutantkind and still doesn't lift a finger. Hell she only put 2 people on the task of finding a solution. Compare that to the number of scientific minds the X-Men had working on a fix for M-day. Media would gladly watch another species burn so here can thrive yet dares to be angered should anyone threaten her cloud. She's a bitch and a hypocrite.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    When Wanda commited genocide she was forgiven and admitted back to the avengers, her excuse was that she was under possesion. When Cyclops killed Xavier he was also under possesion, but he was trashed by the xmen, thrown in a jail without a trial
    and hunted down like a dog by Shield after he escaped. Huge double standard right there eh? I think there's a legit reason to be pissed at her.

Same for Medusa, she didn't release the mist. But she is in command right now and despite knowing the cloud is dangerous and inconvenient to others she would put her needs above the life of other innocent people and also she ordered Scott execution so she isn't an innocent poor woman at all.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Wouldn't Wanda/Black Bolt and Medusa/Cap make for better analogies? Something about the former committing the crime, the latter perpetuating it.

Anyway. Beast is clearly the best choice because he made excuses for all four.

I feel like Wanda's at least nutso. That a defense of some sort, Medusa's just a bitch.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Yeah. Wanda's had at least one foot in the cuckoo's nest since the late 80s. On the other hand, Medusa didn't directly cause the terrigen to release, while Wanda was directly responsible for the deaths of many mutants. So it can go either way.
    Yea, the real Truth is Wanda was Never Mentally Ill or Crazy in a sense of the Regards both in the 80's or the 00's.

That was another Blank-Stupid, Horribly Offensive RE-Write by the Every Ridiculous Bendis. Just like the recon in Children's Crusade, back in the 80's it was Manipulation being Piggyback on Trauma after losing her Family. The Fact that Bendis tried it make it about Mental Illness and Call Wanda Crazy and pass it off as normal for her always was Truly and HORRIBLY Offensive toward what real mental Illness is.

Bendis used it as a PLOT POINT to get the story he wanted, caring Not anything about the Truth of the 80's Darker then Scarlet Story or how he Terribly Wrote Wanda in his 2000 stories. Wanda was never Nutso and I care not to us such phrasing for those that Do Truly Go threw the Horrors of Mental Illness and I wish also Bendis never to write Mental Illness again cause he truly does try to get it, it is just an excuse for him to re-canon character horribly and not in a respectful way.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i voted for Beast, he is a mutant for god sake.

And to be fair, at least the Scarlet Witch is sorry (kind-of) for House of M. Instead i havent seen a single drop of remorse from Medusa.
    How could you vote for Beast? He may not have been as helpful, but Wanda and Medusa are far, far worse than him.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Does that make up for all those who died when their powers were removed? Any good will she might have garnered at the end of Children's Crusade was almost immediately squandered by her horrible characterization in Uncanny Avengers. Not caring about mutants, dismissing the prejudice they experience as feeling sorry for themselves? Shame.
    This is all true, but I still think Medusa is worse.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Medusa. It's not even close. What Wanda did was pretty bad, but at least she could attribute some of her actions to mental illness and manipulation. Medusa has no excuses. She's queen of a powerful cult of racist, xenophobic slave-owners who flat out murder someone who dares to change their precious cloud. She deserves no respect, no adulation, and no hero status whatsoever. Nuff said!
    Agreed, 100%!!!!!!