View Poll Results: Who's Worse?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Scarlet Witch. A Mutant Pox On Her House.

23 21.10%
  • Medusa. May Her Hairline Edges Forever Be Thin

49 44.95%
  • I Don't Hate Either Of These Characters! #MakeAmericaHumanAgain

17 15.60%
  • Hank McCoy Is The Real Enemy

20 18.35%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    How could you vote for Beast? He may not have been as helpful, but Wanda and Medusa are far, far worse than him.
    Beast is obviously a bit of a troll option. It's not surprise that people hate him more though. Wanda and Medusa are not X-Men, he is.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Beast is obviously a bit of a troll option. It's not surprise that people hate him more though. Wanda and Medusa are not X-Men, he is.
    Right. I get that fans are upset with Beast, but he is not on the same level of Wanda and Medusa when it comes to how much damage they have caused the mutant race.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Right. I get that fans are upset with Beast, but he is not on the same level of Wanda and Medusa when it comes to how much damage they have caused the mutant race.
    I mainly stick to Wanda cause I am more invested in talking about her then any other character, cause like many have stated it is hard to hit Wanda over the head with causing mutants damage to them cause their was No Free will involved in her Chooses. That has always been my grip with the whole dislike on Wanda thing cause most of that was Horrible Misuse and just plain lies by Bendis to make a plot point that Marvel wanted to use to get rid of more mutants. But that was their plan all along, so it was going to happen no matter who it was, just Wanda got the Offensive end of that stick for Zero justifiable reason. The possession was a Justifiable way to get our Wanda Back cause with how Fast and Horrible Bendis threw it on her, it was equal in taking it back and with that story it even took most of what went wrong out of her hands cause it equaled her to a meat puppet.

It Makes me wonder now even more too;

I keep hearing of what X-Fans feel about Wanda this and Wanda that, but I really NEVER hear from other what we Wanda Fans feel about it?!

Where is our views on this that is not just debating and letting us showing our Concerns about this, not just debating the same old things.

Honestly for Fans that Truly Care and Invest in Wanda and Her History Have We EVER Been asked that question in a Ligenament Fasion?!

Don't we count?!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Wanda is worse by a mile. Unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I mainly stick to Wanda cause I am more invested in talking about her then any other character, cause like many have stated it is hard to hit Wanda over the head with causing mutants damage to them cause their was No Free will involved in her Chooses. That has always been my grip with the whole dislike on Wanda thing cause most of that was Horrible Misuse and just plain lies by Bendis to make a plot point that Marvel wanted to use to get rid of more mutants. But that was their plan all along, so it was going to happen no matter who it was, just Wanda got the Offensive end of that stick for Zero justifiable reason. The possession was a Justifiable way to get our Wanda Back cause with how Fast and Horrible Bendis threw it on her, it was equal in taking it back and with that story it even took most of what went wrong out of her hands cause it equaled her to a meat puppet.

I keep hearing of what X-Fans feel about Wanda this and Wanda that, but I really NEVER hear from other what we Wanda Fans feel about it?!

Where is our views on this that is not just debating and letting us showing our Concerns about this, not just debating the same old things.

Honestly for Fans that Truly Care and Invest in Wanda and Her History Have We EVER Been asked that question in a Ligenament Fasion?!

Don't we count?!
    My gripe isn't necessarily with Wanda because she wasn't in her right mind during House of M and all that. My gripe is that she was used as a tool to cause harm to her fellow mutants. She didn't do it out of spite or anything, but she did do it. Medusa, on the other hand, could care less what is happening to the mutants. She really has no compassion for them at all.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Wanda is worse by a mile. Unforgivable.
    How so? Just curious to know

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

My gripe isn't necessarily with Wanda because she wasn't in her right mind during House of M and all that. My gripe is that she was used as a tool to cause harm to her fellow mutants. She didn't do it out of spite or anything, but she did do it. Medusa, on the other hand, could care less what is happening to the mutants. She really has no compassion for them at all.
    Yea and that is my Point Dark Knight1047 my friend, she was a Tool, both in a Literal way by Marvel and a puppet way when possessed. Marvel just by Random threw that upon her with no care towards those invested in her Character how they cared to feel about this out of Nowhere, No-Justified and Offensive use of our Lady in such a Deplorable way that made no Sense to use and No Logic, throwing the canon to hell in the process. I was luck to comeback to comics when this just all finished, but I still felt the pain of it all to real of those years. Then when the possession story came it was like the Justice Wanda Fans Sought finally came and what that equaled to was getting back to real point for her character.

I don't blame Possessed characters for anything, when possessed it is not by their hands, choose, will or even imagination. Again watch Exorcist as a clear example. It is the same as the Scott Summers Phoenix thing and how much, while Not being a fan of his character much, still HATED the After Story of Blaming Him for Charles X's Death was totally Horrible cause he was Possession! I have a major ideal in stories, one of many; Possession = Possession. Unless I feel free will and choose involved I can't blame the actions on the character used in the possession, it is just Totally Unjustified to Me and should be to others to see.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I'm not the poster you replied to, but imo, Wanda is worse because until very recently, she was also a mutant. It's like those cases in real life where blacks are racists towards other blacks, or gays have predjudice against other gays,etc. It's the worst kind of discrimination for me, because you hate and go against some of the very things that also make you who you are, all the while trying to be something that you are not.

I don't dislike the Scarlet Witch, what happened to her was awful #thanksbendis. Medusa is pretty much a "see you next Tuesday". It's fun to read her because she commands so much presence, but that doesn't change how awful she is.

Yea and that is my Point Dark Knight1047 my friend, she was a Tool, both in a Literal way by Marvel and a puppet way when possessed. Marvel just by Random threw that upon her with no care towards those invested in her Character how they cared to feel about this out of Nowhere, No-Justified and Offensive use of our Lady in such a Deplorable way that made no Sense to use and No Logic, throwing the canon to hell in the process. I was luck to comeback to comics when this just all finished, but I still felt the pain of it all to real of those years. Then when the possession story came it was like the Justice Wanda Fans Sought finally came and what that equaled to was getting back to real point for her character.

I don't blame Possessed characters for anything, when possessed it is not by their hands, choose, will or even imagination. Again watch Exorcist as a clear example. It is the same as the Scott Summers Phoenix thing and how much, while Not being a fan of his character much, still HATED the After Story of Blaming Him for Charles X's Death was totally Horrible cause he was Possession! I have a major ideal in stories, one of many; Possession = Possession. Unless I feel free will and choose involved I can't blame the actions on the character used in the possession, it is just Totally Unjustified to Me and should be to others to see.
    Yep, I agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by Warund View Post
    I'm not the poster you replied to, but imo, Wanda is worse because until very recently, she was also a mutant. It's like those cases in real life where blacks are racists towards other blacks, or gays have predjudice against other gays,etc. It's the worst kind of discrimination for me, because you hate and go against some of the very things that also make you who you are, all the while trying to be something that you are not.
    It doesn't really matter if you're the same or not the same as the people you're harming. As an example, I'm sure the Jews would fill differently with you on this in regards to Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    I don't dislike the Scarlet Witch, what happened to her was awful #thanksbendis. Medusa is pretty much a "see you next Tuesday". It's fun to read her because she commands so much presence, but that doesn't change how awful she is.
    Right! How can fans not see this?

Incredible Member

Don't we count?!

I think that in the case of Wanda it would have been better if her retcon had been that someone impersonated her and not that she was possesed, because that retcon made in CC didn't absolved her entirely, the same author stated in an interview that Wanda still held some degree of responsibility for asking help from Dr. Doom.

Back in the 80s Jean Grey had to die for what she did as Dark Phoenix even when she wasn't in control, Jim Shooter wouldn't allow to have a hero who commited genocide to just get away with it, later on it was retconned that person not being Jean Grey so they could bring her back clean of every resposibility about that incident.

Genocide is just too much.

And I agree that all of this was Bendis fault and editorial, who write this crap without thinking about the characters and less thinking about the fans that like that character. Bendis is still proud of what he wrote, stating that the people that are mad at him for that is because "they don't like when their favorite character faces some difficulty" which isn't the case. Those stories are just plain bad writing.

In any case you are an avenger fan, you read avengers comics, I don't, I just read very very little about them. I don't know anything about her pre-dissassemble so it's difficult for me to feel for her like you do because I don't have any emotional investment in her, I do have emotional investment in the X-men and they went through hell for what she did, and to know that the person who caused such damage was never punished for that and just kept going with her life is not very pleasing as an X-fan, I believe that's how other fellow fans feel.

And people stop saying she was nuts, her retcon was that she was possesed by the "Life-Force" and was manipulated for Dr. Doom, and that she went asking him for help. As convoluted as it sound it wasn't mental illness.
    Last edited by lollie_poppy; 01-28-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Because not once did she confess, she just denied the entire thing and played the victim. I felt bad for until it was revealed she sought out the power. Remenders run where she played the victim was unbearable.

Wanda's spell was also omniversal. Additionally, her subconscious nightmares she projected into beasts brain that led him down this crazy path.

Believe it or not adult beast can be redeemed once it's revealed he caught crazy Chlamydia from Wanda.

Where is that thread with Wanda memes of her dancing over mutant graves?
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-28-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FinalHeaven View Post
    Over the past TEN years, mutantkind has been wiped out TWICE.

In no small part due to the actions, words and/or indifference of two soulless redheads.

X-fans may be bitterly divided thanks to Schism and character worship, but they unite in their hatred and disdain of Medusa and the Scarlet Witch.

But who's worse?

Medusa, Queen of the "But Mah Culture" Xenophobic SlaveOwners

or

The Scarlet Witch, The Original Mutant Genocide Trendstarter
    This is a hard question to answer, because I bear them both such ill will / hatred for what they did to mutantkind (or, in Medusa's case, callous indifference at what her husband hath wrought). I think Scarlet Witch was crazy/distraught at the time and has since tried to make up for it (?), showing real remorse, whereas Medusa has none, so I'm going to go with Medusa.

Though I agree Hank McCoy is the real threat-from-within, lol.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    And people stop saying she was nuts, her retcon was that she was possessed by the "Life-Force" and was manipulated for Dr. Doom, and that she went asking him for help. As convoluted as it sound it wasn't mental illness.
    Ugh, what a retcon. I can't even. Is Marvel trying to give Scarlet Witch an out and forgive her mutant genocide? Pfft. I don't accept it. Own up to what you did, Marvel!
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 01-28-2017 at 05:15 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007