View Poll Results: Who's Worse?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Scarlet Witch. A Mutant Pox On Her House.

23 21.10%
  • Medusa. May Her Hairline Edges Forever Be Thin

49 44.95%
  • I Don't Hate Either Of These Characters! #MakeAmericaHumanAgain

17 15.60%
  • Hank McCoy Is The Real Enemy

20 18.35%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

Believe it or not adult beast can be redeemed once it's revealed he caught crazy Chlamydia from Wanda.
    LOL! That made me laugh!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    And people stop saying she was nuts, her retcon was that she was possesed by the "Life-Force" and was manipulated for Dr. Doom, and that she went asking him for help. As convoluted as it sound it wasn't mental illness.
    It was. The Life Force didn't "possessed" her as in literal possession but rather "corrupted" her. Aka: The power of it(plus her depression because of her kids) made her go insane.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It was. The Life Force didn't "possessed" her as in literal possession but rather "corrupted" her. Aka: The power of it(plus her depression because of her kids) made her go insane.
    Please stop, this is Quantum physics for me.

I don't remember reading about any of this you say on CC, but well I believe you, I though it was similar to dark phoenix where she just lost control of her self. And since many Wanda fans had said that she wasn't mentally ill before I was mostly referring to that.

I guess this why its difficult to just forgive her, I could never made sense out of Dissasembled, HoM, Life Force and Dr. Doom. It just doesn't fit.

They could have made it so that Doombot Quicksilver killed was who made all that mess not Scarlet Witch.
    Last edited by lollie_poppy; 01-28-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    Please stop, this is Quantum physics for me.

I don't remember reading about any of this you say on CC, but well I believe you, I though it was similar to dark phoenix where she just lost control of her self. And since many Wanda fans had said that she wasn't mentally ill before I was mostly referring to that.

I guess this why its difficult to just forgive her, I could never made sense out of Dissasembled, HoM, Life Force and Dr. Doom. It just doesn't fit.

They could have made it so that Doombot Quicksilver killed was who made all that mess not Scarlet Witch.
    Well, there's definetely a misunderstanding here. Cause Jean was like actually possessed. The Phoenix Force is an entity with it's own conscious and personality. The Phoenix persona took over, it wasn't Jean herself doing any of that, even though she had memory of it, it was like a double personality thing, except that the Phoenix personality wasn't hers, but of a cosmic entity.

The life force, as far as I know it's like literally the power of life itself(she wanted to give life to her children), not an entity like the Phoenix force, so, even though Wanda wasn't acting like herself, there wasn't another entity just using her body as a host like on a demon posession.

How do you know that? Where is it stated? I'm curious because I haven't yet read Children's Crusade.

Medusa, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Psi-Lord View Post
    How do you know that? Where is it stated? I'm curious because I haven't yet read Children's Crusade.
    On issue #7 of Children's Crusade they explain everything. They do say the force possessed her, but Doom explains that they used their magic to capture the power of Life itself, but this power it's so huge that Wanda couldn't control it.

What I was trying to explain is that basically, this power "posessed" her as in making her go crazy and do all that Disassembled/House of M/etc stuff, so technically it wasn't completely her fault, but it was still her, not another person/entity like on a literal possession.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

On issue #7 of Children's Crusade they explain everything. They do say the force possessed her, but Doom explains that they used their magic to capture the power of Life itself, but this power it's so huge that Wanda couldn't control it.

What I was trying to explain is that basically, this power "posessed" her as in making her go crazy and do all that Disassembled/House of M/etc stuff, so technically it wasn't completely her fault, but it was still her, not another person/entity like on a literal possession.
    Yea I remember that about it too Wiccan and I am glad you pointed that out to cause it goes with where I got my idealism on this and with Scott Summer's situation as well. I always hate that about the story and honestly it seems to be a New style Marvel(I am sure DC and other fictional stories do it too) seems to be going for with such possession stories. It wasn't them but was, but was not?!

Honestly while you reference the Phoenix as different then the life force as well, but to ham-in the we need to hate and jail Scott story we need to do that very same thing, It wasn't Scot but then was Scott, but was not Scott?! This way we can make him both guilty and innocent at the same-time.........Ugghh both to Scott and Wanda and I am sure their are others out their I am leaving out, that is a New form of story telling BS if I ever heard it. It is Literally Marvel definition of saying Saying we can Have Our Cake and Eat it too, aka we have to find SOME way to Keep up the Drama Train. SMH. =S

That is why I came up with the Possession = Possession ideal cause the discussion on this front of Scott, Wanda and I am sure others will come-up to simplify the comics Political Cake Talk, LOL. ;-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

I don't think Medusa has callous indifference towards mutants. She actively wants the t-cloud around so there will be more Inhumans and sees the mutants as a threat to total Inhuman domination of the world. When Ulysseus was captured by Iron Man, you see how Shield and Captain Marvel of the Avengers bent over backwards to avoid war with the Inhumans. Basically the mutants are the only major group willing to go to war with the Inhumans.

BANNED

Medusa. Second is Beast.

Incredible Member

Well, there's definetely a misunderstanding here. Cause Jean was like actually possessed. The Phoenix Force is an entity with it's own conscious and personality. The Phoenix persona took over, it wasn't Jean herself doing any of that, even though she had memory of it, it was like a double personality thing, except that the Phoenix personality wasn't hers, but of a cosmic entity.

The life force, as far as I know it's like literally the power of life itself(she wanted to give life to her children), not an entity like the Phoenix force, so, even though Wanda wasn't acting like herself, there wasn't another entity just using her body as a host like on a demon posession.
    Disassembled/HoM read as she having a mental breakdown, but then the reason for that was explained by Dr. Strange, and had nothing to do with possesion.

CC retconned that saying that the Life-Force and Dr. Doom were behind everything, so it was a case of someone being used as a puppet, similar to possesion. How and why they did that, it isn't clear.

We had only one page and a panel explaining everything, it was super vague and of course left many many things unexplained.

So there isn't any canon material explaining what the Life-Force is, how it works, what was the part of Dr. Doom in all of it , how and why, nothing. So every explanation to try to fill those void is nothing but speculation.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yea I remember that about it too Wiccan and I am glad you pointed that out to cause it goes with where I got my idealism on this and with Scott Summer's situation as well. I always hate that about the story and honestly it seems to be a New style Marvel(I am sure DC and other fictional stories do it too) seems to be going for with such possession stories. It wasn't them but was, but was not?!

Honestly while you reference the Phoenix as different then the life force as well, but to ham-in the we need to hate and jail Scott story we need to do that very same thing, It wasn't Scot but then was Scott, but was not Scott?! This way we can make him both guilty and innocent at the same-time.........Ugghh both to Scott and Wanda and I am sure their are others out their I am leaving out, that is a New form of story telling BS if I ever heard it. It is Literally Marvel definition of saying Saying we can Have Our Cake and Eat it too, aka we have to find SOME way to Keep up the Drama Train. SMH. =S

That is why I came up with the Possession = Possession ideal cause the discussion on this front of Scott, Wanda and I am sure others will come-up to simplify the comics Political Cake Talk, LOL. ;-)
    Putting Scott in jail without a trial, everyone shitting on him, and being hunted down like a dog by SHIELD was very infuriating. He was under possesion when he killed Xavier. It was clear he was the scapegoat, this was made so the Avengers wouldn't take any resposibility on face any punishment for screwing up, but also created a huge contradiction for having Wanda running around as if nothing.

But to be fair, out of universe reasons, I think this was an artistic choice by Bendis to accentuate the "outlaw" "dangerous" "terrorist" aspect and feel on his book and characters and It was stupid because this characters were doing the same things they did for the past 50 years, so all of this aspect were pretty much informed and backed up with nothing

Of course that is, unless if you believe rescuing young mutants from abusive cops or giving public speeches about protecting everyone can be considered terrorism.

She went to Dr. Doom instead of Dr. Strange cause she believed Strange wouldn't help her dabble with such dark magic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She went to Dr. Doom instead of Dr. Strange cause she believed Strange wouldn't help her dabble with such dark magic.
    It was stated by word of god that Wanda still held some responsibilty for all this mess for going asking help from Dr. Doom.

BANNED

I want Magik to cast a love spell on Medusa and Black Bolt and make them get back together. Then while they are having sex, cast a spell turning Medusa into the mythological Medusa. LOL. Black Bolt gets turned into STONE. Medusa, not realizing what she looks like runs to her other lover the Human Torch and turns into stone. She then runs to the rest of the royal family and Beast asking them for help and they all become stone.