Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Ideally, the fact that she's going to more of an armored costume (in fact the cowl looks much more like it's an actual helmet in the Kirk cover) would mean that the likely hood of her being the one to job because she can heal is reduced, since it would cut down on her NEED to heal.
    Doubt it hahaha

Its jsut too easy to do. You can easily show the threat without actually hurting anyway. Its like a giant red target the X writers can't stop doing.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sup' I was reading through...what do you guys think of this?

does this apply to Laura?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post

I think he makes a lot of good points on how the process works, although X-23 is a bit more complicated of a case considering that Marvel themselves don't own the film rights, so they can't really be using her as a means of testing the waters for taking over for Logan in the films. I'm also skeptical that Marvel is thinking TOO much about the books when deciding what to do with the films. As he notes in the video, book sales are a drop in the bucket compared to what the films bring in, and we've been seeing FAR more synergy going the OTHER way, with the films influencing the books (IE Nick Fury Jr. drawn to look a LOT like Sam Jackson, the Guardians of the Galaxy seem to be taking more than a few queues from the film of late, etc.). Furthermore, film audiences are DRASTICALLY different than comics audiences. They look for much different things when it comes to stories and characters, so what comic fans might respond well to in the books may not necessarily translate to film audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The art is going to improve quite a bit once Kirk takes over with Immune.

Other than this and a few concept drawings of her new costume we don't have much of his work on ANW to go by, but I really like what I see here (though her claws are a bit long, but Logan often suffers that, too). His other work also comes across as quite promising, so I'm excited to see what he has in store.

What the book really needs is a STABLE art team. I really wish we could have seen what Lopez or Takara could have done with Enemy of the State II. Virella and especially Pham have been a pretty significant downgrade. Virella was better in issue 16 than she was on her first two, but things still seem off in places (though she did a DAMN good Roughhouse).
    I like that image but Kirk's interiors have always disappointed me.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Gotta say. I love that Laura's got enough of a lady streak in her to make blood-red lipstick part of her costume ensemble. Really emphasizes her mouth and how hot her face looks even when cowled and wearing a non-rage expression.

That IS lipstick on your lips ain't, Laura? (dun dun dun!)
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so why isn't Laura(X-23)On Any Of The Upcoming X-Teams?
    She's been around "too much" now and has more than five year's worth of continuity that writers would have to look back on. That scares them.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post

One thing wrong with this. Marvel didn't have the X-Men movie license... so why would they "introduce X-23" for a movie idea... if the money was going to FOX?

So...
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!