Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Characters you want to like..but don't.

Name a Marvel Character you want to like..but don't.

I want to like Moon Knight. I really do. The character is in the Marvel top four when it comes to great costumes.

But the writers are obsessed with the "is he really crazy?!" angle and it makes the character a drag to read. Usually I avoid legacy books but if someone said that Marvel is going to get rid of Marc Spector and all his baggage and was going to try a more basic approach I would be in favor of it.

The Inhumans in general. I was/am really interesting in them but the whole DOX/IVX thing really turns me off into actually liking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The Inhumans in general. I was/am really interesting in them but the whole DOX/IVX thing really turns me off into actually liking them.
    Considering that the Inhumans is quite varied, what with the Royal Family and a lot of the newer ones have shown up these past few years, there might be a bit more specification needed than just saying you dislike all of them.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

#1.
    Miles Morales
    #2.
    90% of the Nuhumans ( I like Thane for example} or is he still an Inhuman by tribe?
    #3.
    RedWolf ( I'm just personally over the whole Native American is so man out of time in general)

Thought I might hate but enjoyed.

Ms Marvel she is just so fun to read in general.
    Kid Nova (Sam Alexander)
    Angela. [If they had put Moonstone in her book as an Ally or Enemy for Hela or an arc his book would have sold very well)
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 01-28-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Niffleheim

I don't think one needs specification really since they are all Inhumans. I love badass female superheroines and I have tried to like Carol Danvers when KSD wrote her and i was bored to death. Then I picked her book after Secret Wars i was entertained a bit but i still didn't like her. Then i looked forward to CW II but the premise kind of disgusted me and i was hoping that Stark was the one leading the pre-crime banner because i already disliked him but Danver picked it up --- i know now that train that was patiently waiting for me to like her has long gone because it will never happen

Steve Rogers, Toni Stark, SHIELD I will NEVER like them.

Mutants/X-Men Other than Storm, Kurt and Piotr and the Original New Mutants my love for the franchise is at an alltime low and it's looking like it will stay that way for a long time.
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-29-2017 at 04:27 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Scott Summers

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Moon girl and kinda riri williams I have liked all the other new characters they have introduced by I just can't get into riri williams or moon girl....moon girl also comes off a little smug and condescending at least in her solo title.

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Considering that the Inhumans is quite varied, what with the Royal Family and a lot of the newer ones have shown up these past few years, there might be a bit more specification needed than just saying you dislike all of them.
    All of them but Karnak and Lockjaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Well, I like some Inhumans characters actually, like Crystal, Kamala, Quake. But I can't like Medusa and Black Bolt, and the main Inhuman books is always all about them, and because of that I don't really care for the rest either.

I have to admit to feeling my eyelids droop every time anyone so much as mentions Adam Warlock.

medusa
    carol danvers
    scott summers
    Silk
    I want to like them but somehow it always falls short
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

I remember thinking that Nightcrawler seemed like a really cool character. But after reading lots of comics with him in it I realized that I didn't like him at all.

Mary Jane
    Tony Stark
    Jean Gray

Ms. America. Want to like her because she has an amusingly kooky backstory and she clearly carries a lot of weight and meaning to a segment of the fandom I try my best to respect. Unfortunately her central ethos of a teenage know-it-all who's invariably right and never lets you forget it isn't something I enjoy. Teenage heroes in general I take a long while to warm to, and if I'm going to enjoy (or at least 'put up with') a precocious brat filled with the absolute conviction they know what's best, it'll only work if that's clearly just the arrogance of youth talking, and with MAC it ain't. She's kinda like Superman without the humility and I don't feel this character works as a hero. I'll still read Ultimates because she's not so bad in a group setting, but I hold little hope for her upcoming solo.

Angela. I can ignore the idiotic real-world backstory and the even-more-idiotic in-universe origin where the pantheon of Norse folklore suddenly includes Christian heaven or some crap, and I can ignore the series of over-busy, awful outfits. And I can absolutely get behind the relationship with Sera; divorced from the rest of the book, those moments of affection work like gangbusters. But then there's the rest of her books. I don't wanna diss Marguerite Bennett because I know she can and has done stuff I've liked (first thing that comes to mind was a Lois Lane one-shot from a few years back that I remain disappointed never became a series), but her Angela work always feels indebted to Kieron Gillen's material, and...look, I'm off to work in 10 minutes, so I don't wanna start going full rage-monster over Gillen. Suffice to say his comics remind me of all the stuff I don't like from post-reboot Doctor Who, and with Angela it always felt like Bennett was saying, "that was a good start, but can we make it MORE smug?". It pretty much shatters any dramatic weight the more serious scenes may have. And I can't say I've been impressed with anyone else's handling of the character, because who else has handled the character?

Yeah, I picked 2 characters on the 'gay spectrum' in a row. Could've probably picked more if I had time, too. This is likely part of the reason I never shut up about Phyla-Vell and Moondragon; really, really don't like the implication that I just hate all the LGBTQ+ charries. I don't, but among their unfairly small ranks there's an annoyingly high percentage of ones that I have bones to pick with.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Carol Danvers. I've tried and tried to like her, but I find her stories boring.