Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Characters you want to like..but don't.

Name a Marvel Character you want to like..but don't.

I want to like Moon Knight. I really do. The character is in the Marvel top four when it comes to great costumes.

But the writers are obsessed with the "is he really crazy?!" angle and it makes the character a drag to read. Usually I avoid legacy books but if someone said that Marvel is going to get rid of Marc Spector and all his baggage and was going to try a more basic approach I would be in favor of it.

The Inhumans in general. I was/am really interesting in them but the whole DOX/IVX thing really turns me off into actually liking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The Inhumans in general. I was/am really interesting in them but the whole DOX/IVX thing really turns me off into actually liking them.
    Considering that the Inhumans is quite varied, what with the Royal Family and a lot of the newer ones have shown up these past few years, there might be a bit more specification needed than just saying you dislike all of them.

Niffleheim

I don't think one needs specification really since they are all Inhumans. I love badass female superheroines and I have tried to like Carol Danvers when KSD wrote her and i was bored to death. Then I picked her book after Secret Wars i was entertained a bit but i still didn't like her. Then i looked forward to CW II but the premise kind of disgusted me and i was hoping that Stark was the one leading the pre-crime banner because i already disliked him but Danver picked it up --- i know now that train that was patiently waiting for me to like her has long gone because it will never happen

Steve Rogers, Toni Stark, SHIELD I will NEVER like them.

Mutants/X-Men Other than Storm, Kurt and Piotr and the Original New Mutants my love for the franchise is at an alltime low and it's looking like it will stay that way for a long time.
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-29-2017 at 04:27 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Considering that the Inhumans is quite varied, what with the Royal Family and a lot of the newer ones have shown up these past few years, there might be a bit more specification needed than just saying you dislike all of them.
    All of them but Karnak and Lockjaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Well, I like some Inhumans characters actually, like Crystal, Kamala, Quake. But I can't like Medusa and Black Bolt, and the main Inhuman books is always all about them, and because of that I don't really care for the rest either.

I have to admit to feeling my eyelids droop every time anyone so much as mentions Adam Warlock.

medusa
    carol danvers
    scott summers
    Silk
    I want to like them but somehow it always falls short
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

#1.
    Miles Morales
    #2.
    90% of the Nuhumans ( I like Thane for example} or is he still an Inhuman by tribe?
    #3.
    RedWolf ( I'm just personally over the whole Native American is so man out of time in general)

Thought I might hate but enjoyed.

Ms Marvel she is just so fun to read in general.
    Kid Nova (Sam Alexander)
    Angela. [If they had put Moonstone in her book as an Ally or Enemy for Hela or an arc his book would have sold very well)
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 01-28-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Scott Summers

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Moon girl and kinda riri williams I have liked all the other new characters they have introduced by I just can't get into riri williams or moon girl....moon girl also comes off a little smug and condescending at least in her solo title.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Scott Summers
    Scott is the best superhero. Warren Ellis said so.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Scott is the best superhero. Warren Ellis said so.
    Did Ellis write Cyclops and I missed it?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Those aren't particularly good stories to like the characters. Has reading their own books helped?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    #2.
    90% of the Nuhumans ( I like Thane for example} or is he still an Inhuman by tribe?
    He's a member of Orollan. He wasn't a citizen of Attilan, but another Inhuman community. Unfortunately, all but Thane and Lash are now dead.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Jane Foster as Thor
    What the hell has that hammer done to your personality, Jane? You're a doctor and now you resolve all your problems by bashing them with the hammer.
    Didn't the same thing happen to Donald Blake?

Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleXero View Post
    I want to like Monica Rambeau but she just seems so boring, and I want to learn more but she mostly turns up in stuff written by Ewing
    Have you thought about checking out the old Avengers runs with her in it as Captain Marvel? That might give you a better feel for her character.

Anyway, most of the characters I don't like I generally don't care to like. I don't like Punisher, for example, but I'm not bothered by that. If I had to pick a character, I'd have to say Nova. I'd like to care because he seems like a nice enough character, but I'm always bored by him whenever he shows up.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Despite being a huge Hulk fan I've always found she-hulk incredibly dull.

Honestly, it feels like the writers forgot she was the Hulk's cousin half the time she always seemed like a generic superhero who happens to be green.

Yeah the new series is doing something now, but considering the title and that she's just doing the Hulk's thing while he's gone...yeah not going to buy that. If your enjoying it, I'm happy you are, but with marvel publishing two Hulk books with no Banner, Hulk, or even Skaar in sight...well that just kinda makes me dislike Jen more.

I don't know, maybe I'll give her another try when they bring Bruce back, but not before.