Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

The Punisher
    Iron Fist
    Peter Parker (now , as a tech billionaire , he is much better as the broke kid , which is why they have Miles, who I like way better atm).
    Nick Fury Jr

Carol Danvers. I really just can't get into her character or books. She's just so boring to me.

Also:
    Iron Man
    Spider-Gwen
    Squirrel Girl

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

As far as WANTING to like but can't? Daredevil. I just find him to be a bit bland personally speaking.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Have you tried Dark Horse Conan (starts with Kurt Busiek's run) and is closer to the source material..
    I tried that because Kurt Busiek is an automatic buy for me. But I just couldn't get into it. That's when I realized I just don't enjoy Conan.

Miles Morales: He has a lot of potential and cool powers, but Bendis didn't give him a personality. He's just so darn flat and two dimensional. I keep trying but I just can't do it.

The inhumans. Use to have an interest in them, bought both of the titles All New Inhumans and Uncanny but there is just nothing to root for there. They are the epitome of selfish. And i say the inhumans as a whole because for the most part they are all always on the same page with everything.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

The Avengers, Young Avengers, I tried, I can't.

Mighty Member

The inhumans. I was a fan of them when they were considered a different culture with different rules. And I like some of the nuhumans. But I can't root for them with this terrigen nonsense.

Captain Marvel. It's a good idea to create a female a-list character. But when I compare with Miss Marvel, she is too bland.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Carol Danvers, I liked her as Ms. Marvel/Binary...then they started calling her Captain Marvel and her storyline got boring as hell.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleXero View Post
    I want to like Monica Rambeau but she just seems so boring, and I want to learn more but she mostly turns up in stuff written by Ewing and I know in the minority when I say this but I think he's boring, overrated and don't understand his insistence on D Listers.
    Because people will buy the A-Listers just because they're the A-Listers, they're the ones who've built up the most credibility with readers over the decades of their continual publication. There are plenty of great characters, or characters that can be made great, on the C- and D-Lists, but too many people, writers and readers alike, just turn their noses up at them because they're not "the big names." Al Ewing is not one of those writers, and for that, he has something resembling respect from me.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeBeherit View Post
    Peter Parker. I gave Slott's run 100 issues before I realized I didn't like the protagonist. Can someone point me to a Peter Parker that is likable?
    The Peter Parkers written by Stan Lee, Gerry Conway, Roger Stern, Tom DeFalco, David Michelinie, J.M. DeMatteis, and J. Michael Straczynski. Even Brian Bendis's teenage Peter Parker in Ultimate Spider-Man. Basically, with few exceptions here and there, everything Spider-Man before One More Day/Brand New Day had a Peter Parker you could honestly like.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Inhumans (I hate monarchy so...)
    Captain America (boring.)
    Black Panther (I've tried every run and I just can't like him.)
    Carol Danvers (most boring character i've ever read, but I want to like her. Maybe the next relaunch will be te one.)
    Iron Man (I've read Michelinie run, Fraction's run too, Warren Ellis, but I still think he's not likable.)

The Big 3 Avengers
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    Thor

They're the icons but I've never been able to get into them individually, though I can read them just fine in team books.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Inhuman Royal Family. I like some of the new Inhumans (basically just Quake, Ms. Marvel, and maybe Moon Girl, jury's still out on her). I enjoyed that mini with Jae Lee. I even adore the Kree and their history. But I just cannot make myself give a damn about 99.99% of the Inhumans. I even think they fit the "feared and hated" motif better than mutants do (at least Inhumans have their own nation and culture, what's the difference between a kid getting powers from mutation and a kid getting them from a freak accident? Mutants work best when they're the only superhumans around). The Inhumans are basically the "Monsters of Universal Studios meets Game of Thrones." Political intrigue with super powered monsters? Sign me the hell up! By rights, I should love these guys. But I dont. And I've tried.

Fantastic Four. I love old school, sci-fi pulp-y stuff. Love high-concept, weird cosmic stuff that breaks time and space and dimensions. I like interesting family dynamics. I really enjoy Susan Richards. And I love Image's Black Science, which is largely a cynical take on the FF. But I can't make myself care about Marvel's First Family.

Wolverine. I have spent *so* much money trying to like Logan. Conceptually, I really do. And I find that, in very small doses, and when surrounded by the right characters (never Jean Gray, she ruins him), he's okay. I like Hugh Jackman's take on the character (even if I haven't always liked the movies). Im even enjoying Lemire's Old Man Logan right now. But as soon as Lemire leaves, so do I. Because its Lemire's writing I like, not Logan himself.

Deadpool. My wife loves Deadpool, and I enjoyed the movie. But other than that, I actually sorta hate Wade Wilson. Love Hydra Bob though.

Peter Parker. I've tried to like Parker, but I cant. I like Miles. I really enjoy Spider-Gwen. But Parker doesnt do it for me. I didnt care for teen Parker in Ultimate Spider-Man. Never cared for Parker's character in the movies or cartoons (Civil War did do a good job though and I'll be seeing Homecoming in theaters). I just find him annoying. And as an adult he's worse. Parker is the worst adult in the MU. He sabotages himself every time he gets ahead. His mountain of Catholic-style guilt makes him bipolar as hell. And compared to the other heroes he's a hot mess. Everyone else (other than Daredevil anyway) can or has maintained a secret identity, kept their loved ones relatively safe, maintained a job and paid their bills. Parker can't manage to pull off more than one of those things at a time. I've had posters here recommend some of the best Spider stories out there, and I've read them. And I still dont like Parker.

Honorable mention goes to Captain America. I could never get the appeal of the guy until the movies. Now I get it. Im still not big on his solo books, but that's a quality/direction thing more than anything else. I get what makes Cap cool now.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-28-2017 at 07:00 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

America Chavez. I've asked so many people what it is about this character that has earned her this "fan-favorite" status she's supposedly hit. I've read everything from Gillen YA to A-Force to her current stint in Ultimates (which is excellent).

I just don't personally glean anything from her character other than "sassy, badass chick! GIRL POWER!" Maybe her upcoming solo will flesh her out more, but for now I can't hop on the hype train.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Carol Danvers, I liked her as Ms. Marvel/Binary...then they started calling her Captain Marvel and her storyline got boring as hell.
    Like putting a giant parka on a bathing beauty.