Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Carol Danvers for the win. Or loss depending how you look at it. She isn't going to win any popularity contests in the near future. And if she had any chance Marvel let Bendis put the final nail in her coffin.

Storm.

I'd like to root for the current leader of the X-Men. But she pretty much strikes me as the worst ever. And has for a while.

Most Inhumans
    Storm
    Rogue
    Miles Morales

Ms. Marvel - I understand why others like her and I understand why it's important that a character like her exists. But she is just completely obnoxious to me...every fan girl/girl power cliche played to the hilt. I bought her first trade, read it, and promptly sold it back.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Scott Summers
    Scott is the best superhero. Warren Ellis said so.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Carol Danvers, I liked her as Ms. Marvel/Binary...then they started calling her Captain Marvel and her storyline got boring as hell.

Binary was the Bomb they should make that her Super Sayian form for intense battles to liven her books up.

binary.jpg
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 01-28-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I haven't been able to enjoy Carol since she became Captain Marvel. She's become boring and uninteresting to me. Her character doesn't seem to struggle anymore. Her drive to improve herself as a person and a hero is what drew me to her when she was Ms. Marvel.

Wiccan and Hulkling relationship. I like the characters themselves just fine. The relationship they have is too perfect for my liking. They don't fight, argue, go through any growing pains, just nothing.

Robbie Reyes. My biggest problem with him is he's a teenager. Ghost Rider is the wrong type of character for a teenage hero. I don't want to see a kid deal with the kind of things I expect from a Ghost Rider. I find the conflict with his Uncle Eli lame. Agents of Shield did a much better job with the character.

Miles Morales
    Amadeus Cho(I want him as Sidekick)
    Quentin Quire

BANNED

O5 definitely.

Beast.

Inhumans.

and bring back the Carol Danvers that I like.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Scott is the best superhero. Warren Ellis said so.
    Did Ellis write Cyclops and I missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Did Ellis write Cyclops and I missed it?
    He took over Astonishing after Whedon.

The Punisher
    I like the idea of a darker Vigilante who just drops criminals dead but he should live in his own Universe far away from Superheroes. Superheroes are silly, that's just what they are. They dress up in colorful clothes, with masks and capes and whatever and have a moral code that solely exists so we can have additional stories with the Super Villains they beat.
    A guy like the Punisher who looks like your usual hardboiled Action Hero will always make them look ridiculous when standing next to him.
    It's like a guy in Jeans and a leather jacket who wrestles dudes in tights, it doesn't fit.
    Furthermore: He always seems to succeed in everything because "He is the Punisher, duh"The story will always find an excuse at least in those Comcis I've looked into. It's a bit like with Batman.

Deadpool
    He can be funny of course. I like some of his team ups and sometimes he is a good character in team books but his Solo Stuff gets boring very, very fast. And there is SO much of it.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

The Punisher
    the current Uncanny X-Men lineup
    Black Panther
    Peter Parker - He's turned into rubbish
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The Inhumans in general. I was/am really interesting in them but the whole DOX/IVX thing really turns me off into actually liking them.
    Those aren't particularly good stories to like the characters. Has reading their own books helped?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    #2.
    90% of the Nuhumans ( I like Thane for example} or is he still an Inhuman by tribe?
    He's a member of Orollan. He wasn't a citizen of Attilan, but another Inhuman community. Unfortunately, all but Thane and Lash are now dead.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Jane Foster as Thor
    What the hell has that hammer done to your personality, Jane? You're a doctor and now you resolve all your problems by bashing them with the hammer.
    Didn't the same thing happen to Donald Blake?

Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleXero View Post
    I want to like Monica Rambeau but she just seems so boring, and I want to learn more but she mostly turns up in stuff written by Ewing
    Have you thought about checking out the old Avengers runs with her in it as Captain Marvel? That might give you a better feel for her character.

Anyway, most of the characters I don't like I generally don't care to like. I don't like Punisher, for example, but I'm not bothered by that. If I had to pick a character, I'd have to say Nova. I'd like to care because he seems like a nice enough character, but I'm always bored by him whenever he shows up.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wiccan and Hulkling relationship. I like the characters themselves just fine. The relationship they have is too perfect for my liking. They don't fight, argue, go through any growing pains, just nothing.
    I warmed up to them once Gillen shook things up a little. And I like that Ewing gave Teddy a little more spotlight; it feels like he's relegated to "Wiccan's boyfriend" a lot of the time.

Anyway.

Spider-Man. I've tried to like Spidey, but, outside of a couple of stories, I can't take him in larger doses than the occasional cameo. He's just not a character I connect to.

Emma Frost. Strong female characters and all of that, but really can't stand her as hero. I hope she goes back to being Kitty Pryde's nightmare when the relaunch kicks off.