Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

My first thought was Age of Apocalypse, which gave us one of my favorite characters, their version of Sabretooth
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

At this point, does the original Marvel Universe prior to Civil War count as an alternate universe now?

Otherwise, the Ultimate universe prior to Ultimates 3.

I liked the Supreme Power universe; until the MAX line ended. Gary Frank was on fire.

ultraverse, new universe, mc2,

Spectacular Member

MC2 is my answer for best "future" alternate universe for what it represents as other said though I do find fault with it. I loved Mayday but most of the other character are a WEE BIT corny..

My most favourite alternate "current' alternate universe is ...the short-lived

Marvel Adventure Avengers Universe. The one with Captain America, Storm, Wolverine, Spiderman, Hawkeye, and Hulk are Avengers..

Where else can you find something fun as the Hulk telling Bullseye to pay taxes or Spidey clicking the Ultimate Nullifer especially after being told by Galactus not to...

Really loved the House of M universe. Honestly wish marvel would have stuck with that for a while longer. Although the secret wars mini was not very good so I guess more doesn't mean better.

Always hated the Ultimate universe, it always came off to me as just rehashing older stories and then when they got tired of that they made ridiculously bad changes to characters for the sake of shock value. Although I do have to admit that I am seriously biased against the ultimate universe because of Ultimate Fantastic Four, the rest of the titles in that universe could have been great but my hatred for Ultimate FF made me hate pretty much everything abut the Ultimate universe.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Mighty Member

Battleworld if it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    At this point, does the original Marvel Universe prior to Civil War count as an alternate universe now?
    I've always considered that the 616 Marvel Universe ended prior to Avengers Dissemble. Ever since, we've been watching the adventures of something I like to think of as the 666 Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    ultraverse
    Loved the Ultraverse, though I have to say that I prefered it before it bacame part of the Marvel Alternate Universes.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Personally, I dont like an alt verse where everyone besides the writer's fave dies/loses way too easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Be happy about that. It never seems to work out well when they try to revisit something like that. Look at how crappy all the Age of Apocalypse stories set after the main event are. Your better off getting one great story.
    Regardless, felt it planted a lot of seeds and did a lot of great world building for another writer to be able to pick up and expand on. I wouldn't even call OML a great story, but the post-apocalyptic environment was still an interesting setting.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I've always considered that the 616 Marvel Universe ended prior to Avengers Dissemble. Ever since, we've been watching the adventures of something I like to think of as the 666 Marvel Universe.

Loved the Ultraverse, though I have to say that I prefered it before it bacame part of the Marvel Alternate Universes.

Peace
    Funny enough, 616 actually got its designation from the writer giving a stealth "f*** you" to what he believed the superhero genre had (d)evolved into, as in some circles, 616 is thought to be the actual Number of the Beast.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, 616 actually got its designation from the writer giving a stealth "f*** you" to what he believed the superhero genre had (d)evolved into, as in some circles, 616 is thought to be the actual Number of the Beast.
    It was Alan Moore, right?

Peace

Astonishing Member

I was going to say for me Mutant X (love Havok and it had Maddy in it) and Age of Apocalypse (just a kick ass elseworlds title) but the true test of this is what universe's book would I buy/look forward to each month hands down Supreme Power, written by JMS and drawn by Gary Frank. It was my favorite book at the time it was coming out before Joe Q, diluted it which destroyed it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    It was Alan Moore, right?

Peace
    Yeah, I'm sure that was him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Ultimate Universe and the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman