Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually miss Peter dealing with street-level stuff. I know that's supposed to be Miles' thing now, even if Bendis isn't doing much with it, but Peter's globe-hopping fighting Zodiac, the Darkseid reject The Regent, and Clones of the umpteenth time is making me really long for Peter to be back in his actual element.
    I really disagree. I can't see any way that street level crime could pose a legitimate challenge to Peter, which means I've always found it boring or riddled with contrived writing. Not to mention that Peter should be out there trying to help as many people as possible, rather than looking for a fight against bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I really disagree. I can't see any way that street level crime could pose a legitimate challenge to Peter, which means I've always found it boring or riddled with contrived writing. Not to mention that Peter should be out there trying to help as many people as possible, rather than looking for a fight against bad guys.
    He's always going to fight against bad guys though, and he's much better suited protecting the little guy on the streets of New York then he is hopping from country to country as Spider-Man.

Most of his street-level villains and Rogues are pretty tough or have some kind of enhancements that make them a match for Spidey, so I don't think it's contrived or boring to have him deal with it though, especially when it's more his element.

I like having the mix, since they provide different challenges for him. The Kingpin stories were some of the best in the Ultimate series.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Well, the crime could operate with a lot of secrecy and/or tricky moves, and that would result in Spidey needing to use some deductive reasoning to win the day, and not just a question of power levels.

because, comics... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    because, comics... lol.
    exactly this
    troo fan or death

Looking back at Stern's Hobgoblin stories, you can even see that Hobby was intimidated by Kingpin. Hobby had no fear towards Spider-Man or pretty much anyone after gaining his powers, but he still acted with caution around Fisk. This just goes to show how much of a threat Classic Kingpin was considered back in the day. Marvel Handbook entries on his strength don't really mean much because he was definitely written as a Superhuman type of opponent.

BANNED

he was so enclosed within layers of fat that the red skull in a cloned super soldier body coudnt even budge him. I think he really has a certain measure of invulnerability from this showing lol.

BANNED

Because Spider-Man is not the Punisher. Meaning that he keeps himself from using his full potential and keeps his blows so he can stop Fisk without killing him giving an edge to the Kingpin.
    Check out Back In Black to se what happens when Peter removes his restraints.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually miss Peter dealing with street-level stuff. I know that's supposed to be Miles' thing now, even if Bendis isn't doing much with it, but Peter's globe-hopping fighting Zodiac, the Darkseid reject The Regent, and Clones of the umpteenth time is making me really long for Peter to be back in his actual element.
    Im not, im done readping peter as the mall cop of superheroes even though he is way to powerful and smart to be a mere crime busting hero and batman wannabe. Peter is as tech savvy tony stark, as righteous and noble as cap, as erratic and firece as wolverine and as creatively ingenious as mr fantastic.
    Last edited by SpideyCeo; 02-04-2017 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Im not, im done readping peter as the mall cop of superheroes even though he is way to powerful and smart to be a mere crime busting hero and batman wannabe. Peter is as tech savvy tony stark, as righteous and noble as cap, as erratic and firece as wolverine and as creatively ingenious as mr fantastic.

For some of us, him being the down-to-earth, street-level superhero was the reason he was our favorite superhero character. Change that, and there's no reason for us to stick around.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    because, comics... lol.
    Yep, pretty much

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    For some of us, him being the down-to-earth, street-level superhero was the reason he was our favorite superhero character. Change that, and there's no reason for us to stick around.
    I know that, but its generally inconsistant concerning his over the top skills and hes more versatile than just being street level and grounded. I like him because, hes funny, cool to watch fight, his powers and how he can match up with any marvel charactrer
    Hes like batman meets ferris buller meets sponge bob.

I know that, but its generally inconsistant concerning his over the top skills and hes more versatile than just being street level and grounded.
    I don't know, most stories indicate that Peter wants the simpler, normal life, not the kind of one he has now.

I like him because, hes funny, cool to watch fight, his powers and how he can match up with any marvel charactrer
    Hes like batman meets ferris buller meets sponge bob.
    The humor is also a factor in his favor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't know, most stories indicate that Peter wants the simpler, normal life, not the kind of one he has now.

The humor is also a factor in his favor.
    I read he wants to have simply a great life and yearns for respect on a big time scale. He also has money angst so naturally he loves holding on to as much of it as he can. He literally is at a position, where he doesnt complain about something good happening before something bad because hehit the jack pot.