Astonishing Member

Default Creepy and Eerie Archive series - cancelled?

Does anyone know if the Creepy and Eerie Archives series released by Dark Horse is continuing?

I know that the next volume of Eerie is coming out next week, but there is nothing in the Amazon listings after that. There is usually a listing for the next volume or two.

I've gotten all the previous volumes and was looking forward to have each series completed collected.

Have there been any announcements or statements on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Does anyone know if the Creepy and Eerie Archives series released by Dark Horse is continuing?

I know that the next volume of Eerie is coming out next week, but there is nothing in the Amazon listings after that. There is usually a listing for the next volume or two.

I've gotten all the previous volumes and was looking forward to have each series completed collected.

Have there been any announcements or statements on this?
    Cancelled? That would suck! At least I got all the Vampirella issues in Archive format.

Is there a particular volume worth getting for someone who hasn't read any?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I'm not fan or a collector of the material but maybe one of the "presents" volumes? Like Creepy presents Bernie Wrightson and such. You can choose the creator you like the most and don't have to worry about spine numbering. And I think those volumes are relatively cheap as well.

Fantastic Member

I was a big fan of the magazines when I was a teen and I've owned a few of the collected editions over the past few years. There is a lot of great artwork and I really love some of the covers. The stories themselves aren't generally very good though. I think if one were to only own a couple volumes of each the way to go would be to pick the ones that had some of your favorite artists, and probably go for volumes from about 3-7...the first couple early volume are usually a bit weak as they are just getting going, and the later volumes are usually when things start burning out. Same goes for the EC archives...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I would recommend some of the later volumes. Starting with issue 79, Louise Jones (Simonson) took over as editor. The magazine began to use a number of Spanish artist, which really increased the art quality. And new writers, such as Bruce Jones, came on and went for more gothic, atmospheric horror stories.

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    I was a big fan of the magazines when I was a teen and I've owned a few of the collected editions over the past few years. There is a lot of great artwork and I really love some of the covers. The stories themselves aren't generally very good though. I think if one were to only own a couple volumes of each the way to go would be to pick the ones that had some of your favorite artists, and probably go for volumes from about 3-7...the first couple early volume are usually a bit weak as they are just getting going, and the later volumes are usually when things start burning out. Same goes for the EC archives...
    I don't know about that. The first 3 volumes of Creepy and first 2 volumes of Eerie had some of the best artists, including some former EC artists.

Fantastic Member

Yeah that was more about the stories themselves...

Astonishing Member

Dark Horse Comics solicitations for May 2018 list Creepy Archives volume 26. The last volume came out over a year ago in December 2016. Dark Horse was publishing these (and Eerie) with 2 or three volumes each year for each title. There was never any official statement if the Archive line was cancelled or any reason for the delay. Hopefully, they will finish the Archive line by collecting each title completely. There should only be a few volumes left to do that.