View Poll Results: Who is the better friend to Hal?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oliver

42 33.87%
  • Barry

54 43.55%
  • Both

24 19.35%
  • Neither

4 3.23%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

A few thoughts in response:
    -- Yes, this is a total retcon that discounts some stories that have taken place. I also tend to not like those (as you say, I also tend to prefer the ones that "takes place between the issues and between the panels") but for me this didn't contradict anything that was particularly important that has happened in the past. Not anymore than the various tweaks to GL power ring abilities have in the past.
    -- I don't think it's about some special "yes or no" qualification. (not like midi-chlorians in the blood) Ollie and Barry were both able to use it - it just took a lot out of them. And I would think that's also where the training comes in. The fact that GL's undergo training and a boot camp was a retcon as well, and it was one that made sense - that it takes practice to muster that much will consistently. That doesn't negate the possibility of someone taking control of a GL ring (they've been hacked 3 times in the last few years) if they have the willpower, or of a GL having to prove themselves without their ring - those stories can still happen.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Barry had used his "super-fast brain" to get a better handle on the ring in a short period of time, so yes definitely.
    that actually makes sense to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Hal is not nearly as bad as Ollie at making bad decisions. Hal's actions come from a pure sense of impulsiveness because for the most part he believes what he's doing is right, Ollie on the other hand, knows that what he's doing is wrong and yet he still does it.

Also, I didn't edit anything. I'm just focusing on the important part.
    Maybe that's part of Arrow's appeal? That and arrogance?

Reminds me how Booster was initially presented. I'm just glad heroic aspects of him eventually emerged.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Maybe that's part of Arrow's appeal? That and arrogance?

Reminds me how Booster was initially presented. I'm just glad heroic aspects of him eventually emerged.
    Oh, no doubt and that's one of the reasons why Ollie is my favorite character. He presents pretty unique traits that are rarely seen in heroes.

Mind you, I don't think arrogance works so well for him.

Oh, no doubt and that's one of the reasons why Ollie is my favorite character. He presents pretty unique traits that are rarely seen in heroes.

I would say Ollie is more "self-righteous" than arrogant, though those traits are certainly neighbors.

Astonishing Member

Being arrogant often makes m3 think of Batman. Which probably Arrow has similiraties with.

Funny GL gets along with GA.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would say Ollie is more "self-righteous" than arrogant, though those traits are certainly neighbors.
    funny, i had to go google the meaning of arrogant...

having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.
    ollie is probably less arrogant and more highly opinionated...?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    funny, i had to go google the meaning of arrogant...

ollie is probably less arrogant and more highly opinionated...?
    I don't know.,. using that definition?? I'm back to arrogant. We are talking about a dude with a bow and MAYBE a few trick arrows talking down and chewing out Superman, Green Lantern and even the Guardians of the Universe.

If that's not an exaggerated sense of one's own abilities I don't know what is...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't know.,. using that definition?? I'm back to arrogant. We are talking about a dude with a bow and MAYBE a few trick arrows talking down and chewing out Superman, Green Lantern and even the Guardians of the Universe.

If that's not an exaggerated sense of one's own abilities I don't know what is...
    i think ollie realizes when he's way over his head, or he knows the limits of his physical abilities.

....perhaps his arrogance comes from his view that he has the moral high ground(?).

(goodness, it's sometimes hard to defend ollie).

pizza after work....

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

pizza after work....
    Lol. Barry's face is like "Show off."
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

pizza after work....
    I love this .

Astonishing Member

It's cool that Arrow will be appearing soon in The Green Lantern. I like that is remembering Hal'S ties on earth.

BANNED

pizza after work....
    this makes me wonder who will win in a race for the last remaining slice of pizza........ lol

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    this makes me wonder who will win in a race for the last remaining slice of pizza........ lol
    well, the ring does enhance green lantern's speed...