View Poll Results: Who is the better friend to Hal?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oliver

42 33.87%
  • Barry

54 43.55%
  • Both

24 19.35%
  • Neither

4 3.23%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Don't forget Ollie and Carter Hall/Katar Hol.
    right. they did had that feud going on between them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    This is a poll I would love to see broken down by age of the respondents. I would be willing to bet that Ollie voters tend to be the ones who grew up on 70s and 80s era comics and Barry voters tend to be either younger or (possibly) even older.
    i might need some help on this.

so hal and barry became buds during their founding member days in the justice league. when barry died in infinite crisis, hal and ollie (and dinah) became friends when they travelled together (with apsa)?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

so hal and barry became buds during their founding member days in the justice league. when barry died in infinite crisis, hal and ollie (and dinah) became friends when they travelled together (with apsa)?
    The Hal & Ollie friendship/team predates CoIE by more than a decade (but not quite two decades).

cover-dated April 1970

Astonishing Member

ok. i imagined that hal became best buds with barry first when they first founded the justice league. then oliver came at a later date.

ok. i imagined that hal became best buds with barry first when they first founded the justice league . . .
    Not exactly.

The JLA first appeared back in the February/March 1960 issue of The Brave and the Bold.

However, it would appear the first time Hal & Barry had a team-up (outside of any JLA missions) wasn't until about two years later.

The cover blurb says "Introducing... a Great New Fighting Team".

Not so much that as the following (based on publishing history, not retconned continuity, etc.):

Barry and Hal first teamed up in JLA. They were allies, but not estzblished as particularly close. (early 60s)
    A couple years later, Barry and Hal ended up teaming up outside of the JLA and revealing their identifies to each other. They became friends outside of the League. (also early 60s)
    Later, after Ollie joined the league and during a time when Ollie and Hal both had unsettled personal lives, they started hanging out together and ended up traveling the country together (late 60s early 70s)
    Then, during most of the 70s GA and GL were a defacto team on their own, together (usually) with Black Canary.
    During this time, Barry, Ollie and Hal worked together in JLA but usually only GL and GA worked together outside the League on a regular basis and you didnt see much personal interaction between Barry and Hal.
    Ultimately, of course, Barry died in Crisis, then Hal went nuts and then Ollie died.
    Then everyone got better/rebooted/reincarnated, etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Not so much that as the following (based on publishing history, not retconned continuity, etc.):

Barry and Hal first teamed up in JLA. They were allies, but not estzblished as particularly close. (early 60s)
    A couple years later, Barry and Hal ended up teaming up outside of the JLA and revealing their identifies to each other. They became friends outside of the League. (also early 60s)
    Later, after Ollie joined the league and during a time when Ollie and Hal both had unsettled personal lives, they started hanging out together and ended up traveling the country together (late 60s early 70s)
    Then, during most of the 70s GA and GL were a defacto team on their own, together (usually) with Black Canary.
    During this time, Barry, Ollie and Hal worked together in JLA but usually only GL and GA worked together outside the League on a regular basis and you didnt see much personal interaction between Barry and Hal.
    Ultimately, of course, Barry died in Crisis, then Hal went nuts and then Ollie died.
    Then everyone got better/rebooted/reincarnated, etc.
    thanks. my earliest reference was the brave and the bold mini series that starred green lantern and the flash.

Incredible Member

Honestly while they both are equally good best friends, I have to say Barry/Hal honestly.

My personal preference is Barry and Hal because sadly I have read very little interactions between arrow and lantern because they are few and far between in the modern day.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    My personal preference is Barry and Hal because sadly I have read very little interactions between arrow and lantern because they are few and far between in the modern day.
    you know, i don't think they've had very little interaction since nu 52. makes you wonder if the friendship has been retconned out.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    you know, i don't think they've had very little interaction since nu 52. makes you wonder if the friendship has been retconned out.
    Well, they haven't been on the same Justice League teams, and hasn't Hal been off-Earth a lot?
    There is always that nebulous "five year" window, and Ollie did call on Hal for support back in his pre-DCYou run.

So, who knows?

Astonishing Member

hopefully, rebirth gets to fix the disregarded relationships. hal, barry, oliver, ralph (is he still alive), and dinah; carter and ray; booster, ted, fire,ice and guy. etc.

Wally and Kyle.

I really hate how Hal's being distanced away from everything. I want some more Hal/Barry interaction.