Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

There's a difference between reading back issues over and over again and seeing new comics on the shelf with your favorite characters every month.. and everybody knows it. That argument doesn't hold up.

I'd much rather read a resurrected Jean, revolutionist Cyclops, Apocalypse Angel, Mad Scientist Beast, and an Iceman who's taken steps toward higher self-actualization than a replacement group of younger versions just so writers aren't tied to any of their histories.
    Last edited by cc008; 01-28-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    There's a difference between reading back issues over and over again and seeing new comics on the shelf with your favorite characters every month.. and everybody knows it. That argument doesn't hold up.
    But how many x-books are there now with non-O5 characters in them?

Because there you go.
    There are your old characters.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    But how many x-books are there now with non-O5 characters in them?

Because there you go.
    There are your old characters.
    That's not the point. It's not my point anyway. I edited my last post that may give more clarity.

That's not the point. It's not my point anyway. I edited my last post that may give more clarity.
    Ahhhh.
    I got it.
    I mean, as I said, I would not mind the O5 if they are written like they were in X-Factor (which I think you will love).

Fantastic Member

Ok lots of aggression here. Sorry if I hit nerves.
    this thread is about the O5 and the time displaced O5.
    I have an opinion that is shared with some others and a few basically say shut up , stop complaining, and read an old comic.
    I love the x-men. All x-men and characters.
    I just don't want to read about an alt version brought to the present when I can read about the present because that is more interesting and engaging to me.
    Talking of theft personal collection and banning reading? Like what is going on here? Taking it to personal or to far and most important it's not relevant or what this is about? You both come off like self righteous bullies

This isn't the first time they tried to reboot characters. They did it to Iron Man back in the mid 90's. They failed hard. Thank you Onslaught for killing him. Teen Tony Stark ugh get of here.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 01-28-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Ahhhh.
    I got it.
    I mean, as I said, I would not mind the O5 if they are written like they were in X-Factor (which I think you will love).
    I'm sure Bunn will do a great job with their characterization and they'll be written well in X-Men Blue. It may very well feel like X-Factor. BUT... they're just not the characters that I've read throughout the years and as I've said, made connections with. I haven't connected with THIS Cyclops hating his older self. I haven't connected with THIS Bobby coming out. I connect with the Cyclops who struggled and worked his butt off to be the leader of the X-Men and I connected with the Iceman whom, despite his struggles in his personal life, smiled, was fun and lighthearted and continued to save the world. These younger versions have no substance to me and I'm just not interested in them.

Don't tell me they're the same characters, because they're not. (This isn't directed at you, ColdWater, just a general statement <3 )
    Last edited by cc008; 01-28-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    Ok lots of aggression here. Sorry if I hit nerves.
    this thread is about the O5 and the time displaced O5.
    I have an opinion that is shared with some others and a few basically say shut up , stop complaining, and read an old comic.
    I love the x-men. All x-men and characters.
    I just don't want to read about an alt version brought to the present when I can read about the present because that is more interesting and engaging to me.
    Talking of theft personal collection and banning reading? Like what is going on here? Taking it to personal or to far and most important it's not relevant or what this is about? You both come off like self righteous bullies
    What?
    I am not a bully.

I think this is a case where you cannot catch tone online.

I love the time displaced 05. I just miss the adult versions, and especially want adult Jean Grey and Cyclops back. I miss the relationships that the adult versions have with the other adult X-men.

BANNED

I'm sure Bunn will do a great job with their characterization and they'll be written well in X-Men Blue. It may very well feel like X-Factor. BUT... they're just not the characters that I've read throughout the years and as I've said, made connections with. I haven't connected with THIS Cyclops hating his older self. I haven't connected with THIS Bobby coming out. I connect with the Cyclops who struggled and worked his butt off to be the leader of the X-Men and I connected with the Iceman whom, despite his struggles in his personal life, smiled, was fun and lighthearted and continued to save the world. These younger versions have no substance to me and I'm just not interested in them.
    so you can't connect with O5 Iceman because he's gay? gotcha

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I would argue very strongly that I

1. Love Cosmic Teen Angel
    2. Feel nothing toward teen Scott Bad or Good
    3. am intrigued by the whole gay or straight iceman based on time and personal choices.
    4. Happen to think teen Beast is a 10005% more enjoyable than current Beast prime.
    5. Jean is hit and miss with me it just depends on what is going on. Example -love her training with Emma. I hate her new hair.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 01-28-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so you can't connect with O5 Iceman because he's gay? gotcha
    You are so, totally, completely missing the point and if you don't want to actually read my posts and have a real conversation with me then I can't respond to you anymore.

I don't have any connections to this group of characters. A group of characters who have basically replaced their older versions. With the exception of Iceman. Beast is as good as replaced. And that's why I don't like them. If you didn't want an answer, you shouldn't have created the thread.
    Last edited by cc008; 01-28-2017 at 09:43 PM.

BANNED

You are so, totally, completely missing the point and if you don't want to actually read my posts and have a real conversation with me then I can't respond to you anymore.
    Whatever floats your boat man i just can't tolerate anyone who has to act like A Nostalgia driven old man who wants things to be like they were in his youth

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

There's a difference between reading back issues over and over again
    Have you literally read every appearance of O5? That's a lot of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    Nobody is bullying you. No one is attacking you.

You have plenty of comics, literally hundreds of comics that you can read with the characters the way you, apparently, want them. You have probably less than hundred in which they are teens displaced into the present.

So, just skip the ones where they're in a context you don't like and go look for the ones where they're in a context you do.

Marvel is literally still publishing these characters, but there is also a huge backlog of stories. Uncanny, sure, but Defenders had three of the five, MCP had short stories and short serials for all of them. Peter Miliigan wrote a brilliant mini for two of them and a great oneshot for another.

I'm sorry, but I find it difficult to believe that you've read every last thing, and even if you have, it's not on Marvel to cater only to you, which since they're still publishing four out of the original five in new comics and that fifth in flashback stories, that does seem to be what you're expecting.

That's not bullying. The world not revolving solely around you is not you being bullied.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Whatever floats your boat man i just can't tolerate anyone who has to act like A Nostalgia driven old man who wants things to be like they were in his youth
    I'm 25.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Have you literally read every appearance of O5? That's a lot of comics.
    Once again, point missed. You know there's a difference.

You guys clearly don't want to have an open mind about why people may actually dislike these characters. Until someone comes along that wants to be constructive about this, enjoy the rest of the thread.