Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Shall we start counting, and naming, all the characters whose storyline heavily revolve around their heterosexuality??
    Or how many times we see stories involving love with a man and a woman, and how, ultimately, their entire story becomes about keeping their girlfriend or wife safe?

I can start if you want me to.
    Just let me know.
    But NorthStars fate was really cruel they married him off to a boring nobody character.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    No. I want an O5 that's been around the block. I want an O5 that I've grown with and made connections with. I want an O5 that has gone their separate ways to come back and join together in a time where the X-Men need to remember what they've been fighting for. I want an O5 that'll come together and show that they've gone through so much throughout the years and they'd still fight for each other like a family, because that's what they are. Not this angsty, teen, whiny, bitchy, BS that's going on in All-New X-Men. Send them home.

#NotMyO5
    Triple agree.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    But NorthStars fate was really cruel they married him off to a boring nobody character.
    I like his husband. I enjoyed them both quite a bit in Astonishing.

Not everything is going to appeal to everyone, but then, nobody is making a comic that tries to appeal to everyone.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Have you literally read every appearance of O5? That's a lot of comics.

Nobody is bullying you. No one is attacking you.

You have plenty of comics, literally hundreds of comics that you can read with the characters the way you, apparently, want them. You have probably less than hundred in which they are teens displaced into the present.

So, just skip the ones where they're in a context you don't like and go look for the ones where they're in a context you do.

Marvel is literally still publishing these characters, but there is also a huge backlog of stories. Uncanny, sure, but Defenders had three of the five, MCP had short stories and short serials for all of them. Peter Miliigan wrote a brilliant mini for two of them and a great oneshot for another.

I'm sorry, but I find it difficult to believe that you've read every last thing, and even if you have, it's not on Marvel to cater only to you, which since they're still publishing four out of the original five in new comics and that fifth in flashback stories, that does seem to be what you're expecting.

That's not bullying. The world not revolving solely around you is not you being bullied.
    I've read most of the x-men comics that have ever been published, and have a substantial print collection of most barring the silver age. ive read a lot more and filled gaps because of the internet age. So yeah I've pretty much read everything

You want to read about teenage x-men, read old x-books. You want to know my answer to the thread question? I've stated it and don't like the concept of time displaced x-men.

I never claim I want the x-books to revolve around me. You assume things, give arguments and examples to back your assumption and say don't get pissy or call you a bully when I call you out for your response.

I LOVE the X-Men. I am going to buy the Blue team book, as stated in another thread.

X-fans on this board are pretty warped lately.
    And yeah you come off like bullies.

BANNED

gotta love how The Time Displaced Team is the one getting new uniforms but The Majority Of The Gold Cast is just left wearing what they've usually worn

I wouldn't call my feelings toward Teen O5 hate exactly but I do find them boring and completely pointless, I admit.

Not only are they in competition for the most boring version of X-Men ever to exist but they also can't get me invested because I already know that their story will eventually be totally pointless and irrelevant. Eventually they will have to go back to their own time and forget everything they went through during their stay here to preserve the timeline OR they will stay in the present as just another bunch of alternate reality characters except unlike other alt reality characters like Bishop, Rachel and Nate they will already have far more interesting versions of them running around when Marvel finally decides to bring the present O5 back which will happen eventually because that's how these stories work. Anyone thinking that Marvel might sent them back to their time with everything they've learned so far and rebooting the whole X-Men line with that is fooling themselves because it would have to result in a complete reboot of the MU since the changes would be far too drastic to only result in 1 or 2 little differences. And Marvel doesn't do full reboots.

So only thing that might get me interested in teen O5 is if writers do with them something really new and something that they might not be able to do with the regular O5 to differentiate them from their more experienced counterparts but so far nothing like that has happened:

-Teen Angel is probably the one most different from his adult self (at least on the surface) but his stories so far have been him getting a cosmic power boost and trying to kinda sorta figure out what that means for him. Isn't that pretty much what original Angel's transformation into Archangel at the hands of Apocalypse was? Basically both are just power upgrades. Well, I guess he has a huge chip on his shoulder about the fate of his older counterpart. Oh and he's been dating X-23, I guess.

-Teen Beast is just a more human looking, younger version of adult Beast without all the developments the older one has gone through. Admittedly some of the older one's developments might have, no I mean, have been terrible character assassinations but at least he has had some development unlike his bland younger counterpart who hasn't really done anything other than angst about his future self every now and then.

-Teen Cyclops is a return to more classic Cyclops who is quiet and withdrawn and lacks the confidence and all the developments (and character assassinations) his adult version went through. I guess it's kind of nice seeing a Cyclops that is more like his classic portrayal but then that means losing all the awesome developments and growth the adult version went through in years following his possession by Apocalypse. I guess he did spent some time with his dad in space in his solo but that didn't seem to change him all that much. He still spends most his time angsting how his older self is such a terrible person and how everyone hates him so much (for some reason!).

-Iceboy's journey to come to terms with his sexuality might be something new and serve as something to differentiate him from his adult self. IF his adult self wasn't going through the exact same journey in his solo! Well, I guess at least he isn't angsting about his older counterpart and the future awaiting him. Well, at least not as much as his team mates are doing. I guess.

-And when it comes to Teen Jean, well I get why Marvel would prefer to bring in a teen version of her instead of resurrecting the adult version. I mean, if they brought in the adult version then they would have to address all that Phoenix baggage and who wants to do that! I get it, I sincerely get it, I'm as tired of the constant Phoenix stuff as the next person. Let us get a story about Jean that isn't all about her connection to Phoenix and her struggles with it and how it defines her character! With this younger version of Jean we have a great chance for that by... writing every story about her focusing on Phoenix and her ties to it and making the focus of her solo be about her preparing for the next coming of the Phoenix....?
    *sigh* Well, at least she isn't angsting about her bleak future like all of her other team mates... Oh wait! Nevermind...

So what exactly are we getting with these versions that we wouldn't be getting with the adult versions of said characters? A whole lot of angsting about their bleak futures? Well, that's riveting... Honestly I don't care what we would get if O5 are sent back to their own time. We could get a book about the present day versions of O5 or they could stay where they are and we could get a book about a dozen other less explored mutants. Personally, I'd be fine with either one as they would certainly catch my interest more than these characters do. Heck, I would even settle on some other alternate reality version of O5 if they are completely different from the present O5 in experiences, just as long as they aren't as bland and one note as the teen O5 are.

I like his husband. I enjoyed them both quite a bit in Astonishing.

Not everything is going to appeal to everyone, but then, nobody is making a comic that tries to appeal to everyone.
    Just not the right build or or tone they should have give us more of them dating before hand to decide. but poof married off and nothing I enjoyed since. Hulking and Wiccian or Shatterstar and Ric would make sense they have a narrative I would follow. With this I am hoping Kyle is a Maddie like clone from Sinister to create some new kinda crazy down the line for the Xmen.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Just not the right build or or tone they should have give us more of them dating before hand to decide. but poof married off and nothing I enjoyed since. Hulking and Wiccian or Shatterstar and Ric would make sense they have a narrative I would follow. With this I am hoping Kyle is a Maddie like clone from Sinister to create some new kinda crazy down the line for the Xmen.
    I get pretty bored with Shatterstar and Rictor. To each their own, I suppose.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

I get pretty bored with Shatterstar and Rictor. To each their own, I suppose.
    exactly and and least there are many arc type of gay themes and relationships to compare and choose from. If we are lucky we might even get a few happy to be a lifetime single gays or other relationship types that are common but seem unprinted.

I wish Bunn was on Gold instead. He's my fave X-Men writer since Claremont. So thats why i'm giving Blue a chance. I love his Magneto.

Bunn loves Nightcrawler so much that i hope he does X-Books long enough to get to write more than just the Civil War II mini.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I wish Bunn was on Gold instead. He's my fave X-Men writer since Claremont. So thats why i'm giving Blue a chance. I love his Magneto.

Bunn loves Nightcrawler so much that i hope he does X-Books long enough to get to write more than just the Civil War II mini.
    yeah it sucks bunn isn't on gold i don't even know how guggenheim got that gig

I don't hate the Neo O5, I'd just much prefer if the actual O5 were still active. Especially Jean. Not a time-displaced young Jean, or an alternate Jean from the Age of Pixie, or a clone of Jean, etc. Just the actual Jean Grey, who has now been dead for over 13 years.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

because it's a very stupid idea... hopefully the get sent back to their timeliness.

Tbh, I'm not really even a fan of the older counterparts of the O5, why would I want to read about them as teens?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i hope these fans realize if the O5 weren't around that doesn't suddenly mean we'd have A Team With The Adult Versions of them suddenly and even if we did...would we want it?

the simple truth is that The Time Displaced O5 were an easy way to reboot the x-men without actually rebooting them

maybe this topic isn't needed but with how often people dump on X-Men Blue just because it's The O5 and nothing else i think we gotta put this to bed and say that The O5 By themselves aren't hurting the x-men it's crappy writers that hurt the x-men
    The presence of the 05 IS hurting the story. It allowed them to get away with killing the real Cyclops off. The young Cyclops however does not occupy the same role. He's not a father, husband or leader to anyone. For decades Rachel Grey was the one and only Marvel Girl, even if she had stints of going by Phoenix here and there, basically the only legacy title succesfully passed on in the whole X-franchise. Till Teen Jean showed up. Archangel has one of the most tragic character arcs in X-Men but now he gets routinely forgotten about because his 05 counterpart is around. Doesn' t make the X-Men seem very heroic in the process given that Warren is clearly suffering.

And then there's Beast. Adult Beast is still the far more valuable character, more connections to the greater superhero community then most X-Men put together, but he's never allowed to go into the field, he's only ever allowed to do science, create problems but never fix them, be part of an argument in an event but never display his humor, his capacity for heroics through his superhuman strength and senses and so people hate him.

The Time Displaced 05 didn't reboot anything. Continuity is still marching on. But the presence of the 05 does mean the 05 we used to care about aren't protagonists we are meant to care about anymore. Particularly Cyclops and Beast can safely just be obstacles and problems. That is not a good thing. Bringing them to present was also an easy way bolster the roster of recognisable X-Men they can fill out the line up with. I'd have preferred they, for starters, just brought Rogue back the X-books instead.

And just generally, I'd like the teen book slot the 05 occupy be filled by other characters.
    Last edited by DurararaFTW; 01-29-2017 at 02:10 AM.