Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone else going to miss the digital copy!!!!!!

Just wondering who else thinks removing the digital copy of the book you purchased is a mistake by Marvel.
    I loved being able to read my comics anywhere on my phone or tablet.
    At $3.99 a pop I'm seriously thinking about reducing my pull list of Marvel titles for the first time in years!!

I'm very angry about it & plan to drop most if not all my Marvel titles. Going to be spending my money on DC exclusively from now on.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

It's a terrible move, can't believe starting this week the digital code is only good for comics I don't want, seriously going to impact my Marvel reading list
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Fantastic Member

I've never peeled slowly and saw the digital download. I buy print books for my printed collection. I'd rather save the$1 they charged for it. I'm upset they aren't reducing the price. I miss the $2.99 price, id end up buying more books.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    I've never peeled slowly and saw the digital download. I buy print books for my printed collection. I'd rather save the$1 they charged for it. I'm upset they aren't reducing the price. I miss the $2.99 price, id end up buying more books.
    Now that's something I could understand. Lower the price if I'm not going to get the bonus digital edition. But I do like having both because I feel like in the long run, I'm going to have to downsize the print copies. There are a select few I would keep, probably something that's never been collected like the first 23 issues of Doom 2099. I have many Fantastic Four Masterworks, The John Byrne FF Visionaries and a few of the Epic collections, etc.

I'm upset about no codes in the future.

Considering I only bought print Marvel comics for the codes, no codes means I won't buy print. I'll buy a very small number of books digitally, but most Marvel books are gone without codes.

Yep, I'm switching to buying them digitally. No reason to buy print anymore. I'll just get the digital version and if I really like the series I'll just trade wait it later. Sucks but there's no incentive to buy print for me.

I read all Marvel, with the exception of Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl, through Marvel Unlimited so this digital code removal doesn't really affect me.

I am. I'm really going to miss the digital copy bonus a lot. Those were a big reason why I went to comic shops and bought the physical copies in the first place. They were a great value, getting both a physical copy and a digital copy. It really felt like I was getting a lot for my money. Now that they're disappearing with Marvel and re-appearing with DC, I know which line is going to get more of my business going forward. I hope Marvel reverses this decision at some point, but I get so much of my stuff through Comixology these days that I doubt they'll be inclined to change.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Presumably Marvel have done their sums, but for my part it will mean cutting back on Marvel.

I exclusively read digitally these days, but I would buy some print copies of Marvel when they were released and use the digital code. I thought it a fairly good deal and justified the extra price. Other Marvel comics I would buy on comixology sales or on reduced Kindle trades. Now I'll just buy on sales/Kindle - it would be a fairly colossal expenditure for a limited return to buy the digital copy on original price.

I should thank them, really, this change will save me about £20 sterling a month.

Yeah, gonna miss selling those codes
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Yep, I'm switching to buying them digitally. No reason to buy print anymore. I'll just get the digital version and if I really like the series I'll just trade wait it later. Sucks but there's no incentive to buy print for me.
    I honestly think that was the point of it.

Marvel dropping the digital codes and DC selling digital CHEAPER than print is one more step to the LCS Apocalypse
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I honestly think that was the point of it.

Marvel dropping the digital codes and DC selling digital CHEAPER than print is one more step to the LCS Apocalypse
    The thing is, DC isn't actually selling digital cheaper than print. DC is selling digital for cheaper than print+digital; when you take the combos out of the equation, print and digital are the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    The thing is, DC isn't actually selling digital cheaper than print. DC is selling digital for cheaper than print+digital; when you take the combos out of the equation, print and digital are the same price.
    Is DC selling just print ones with no code still?

I thought they were adding codes to all their 3.99 books.... ?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html