Default Batgirl #7 Discussion

So what, with every new creative team comes a new roommate? Is that gonna be a thing now? Other than that though i thought this issue was really good. Night and day form the previous issues. We got Burnside, Babs not seeming completely disconnected from the rest of the Bat books, and they even brought back some old school Batgirl elements with having Babs studying Library Science. So ya i thought this was really good.
    And can't forget to mention the art, which i thought was very good, and very fitting. Did very well in capturing Burnsides style i thought.

Its kind of a shame the first arc was so mundane because this was much much better, but after that first arc some people probably have moved on already.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-25-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Amazing Member

I really like this issue, I like how I hope Barbara makes smart, kindness, detective, badass and bossy. And I like tjat she was mading her comic with a critical political and social, is good see Barbara how a young girl how made the difference Batgirl and Barbara, not only the girl of feasts.
    I like that ther are exploring more Burnside, because one place who is part of Gotham, hand can be soooo good, and don't have any reason to have a hero as Barbara in there, now the place has problems, really problems and bad Persons.
    It was good to see Barbara and Dick being friends again, they work well togethers, not only as couple, but friends and partners, and Dick was well written here.
    About Ethan, he is evil, and Barbara is being smart, if he is good: ok, if he is bad: better be closer to know the plans.
    IŽll miss Frankie, she is a good character and partner, I hope she continnues in the regular cast

Astonishing Member

Good stuff, hope they keep it up.

Can't help but think Babs is being drawn to look like Sophie Turner, which is a cool notion. Great bit part use of Fright.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I was a little nervous about the artist change, but Wildgoose was very good. I also thought Hope Larson is settling into the book now. It might be that we're getting the Burnside local instead of starting with a trip to Asia.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Very pretty art, and fairly solid storytelling, but the political attitude is not for me. Ah, well.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Did I get it wrong or was it implied that Frankie is lesbian too?

I'm also not a fan of yet another potential love interest. Thats what, fifth love interest in couple of years? Nightwing, that cop dude from first Burnside arc, Batwing, random dude from previous arc and now Penguin's son?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Did I get it wrong or was it implied that Frankie is lesbian too?

I'm also not a fan of yet another potential love interest. Thats what, fifth love interest in couple of years? Nightwing, that cop dude from first Burnside arc, Batwing, random dude from previous arc and now Penguin's son?
    She's bisexual.

I think Son of Penguin is clearly more of a mark than a romance, at least so far, but the romance plots are oversaturating Batgirl's title. Most of them were under Fletcher and Stewart, but Babs did have that strange romance with Jimmy (or whatever his name was) under Simone, and Larson is giving us at least one per arc, it appears. What's up, guys?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Dug it. The art is a bit of a step down from Albuquerque for me, but it's still enjoyable art. The opening scene with the pet shop was pretty great, and I'm glad they are gonna make Babs a librarian again (hopefully). I loved Nightwing in this. I thought he was pretty hysterical. I have a thing about dudes rolling up their pants, so Ethan already has a strike against him. Haha
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 01-27-2017 at 08:56 AM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Did the title improve? Didn't care for the 1st issue myself (idea was cool, execution not so much) but like Babs in general.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Did the title improve? Didn't care for the 1st issue myself (idea was cool, execution not so much) but like Babs in general.
    I thought this issue was stark improvement over the rest at least. I hope it continues at this quality, we'll see though.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Even though I actually have liked this run of Batgirl far more than any of the previous run, I did think this was a step up from the previous arc.
    I love that Hope Larson is putting Barbara back in the library!! I'm also quite curious about Mr Cobblepot the junior and look forward to seeing this play out.
    The art I found to be quite good, better than expected. Very much still looking forward to more of this series.