Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

I thought Surtur destroyed Beta Ray Bill's galaxy while forging the Twilight Sword. My memory is fuzzy but I vaguely recall something like that happening.

Also, Odin wrestled a sentient galaxy sized storm and put it in mjolnir. It's one of those evolving Asgardian myths but I think it's Jason Aaron's way of explaining why Odin can't wield mjolnir now.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-31-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Isn't current Odin weaker than Jane Foster because of reasons? I'm pretty sure PC Darkseid would win that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I thought Surtur destroyed Beta Ray Bill's galaxy while forging the Twilight Sword. My memory is fuzzy but I vaguely recall something like that happening.

Also, Odin wrestled a sentient galaxy sized storm and put it in mjolnir. It's one of those evolving Asgardian myths but I think it's Jason Aaron's way of explaining why Odin can't wield mjolnir now.
    Is Odin stronger than this "Surtur" or something?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Is Odin stronger than this "Surtur" or something?
    Depicted as roughly equivalent, IIRC. In Thor #352 the two have a knock-down, drag-out battle with both sides fielding magical artifacts that cloud the issue some more. (Surtur wins by using the Casket of Ancient Winters to freeze Odin solid.)

Here's Surtur creating interdimensional shockwaves with his attack:

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that Odin - Galaxy-Buster was debated on the old board. Enough evidence was trotted out to show that yes, that was valid.

Yes, chunks of the evidence included Narrator comments about the Multiverse quaking, distant galaxies being destroyed, etc. But when that kind of thing isn't being contradicted, it should be fine for evidence. Given that Odin did stuff like casually teleporting populations of entire planets (of course, he actually has to say 'Look at me, I'm going to do something awesome!' first), duke it out with Galactus and not do horribly, treat the Surfer like utter trash, and beatdown Thanos without actually getting hurt, it's not exactly against his presentation (I'm not talking modern Odin, I have no idea where that guy stands powerwise).

Also throwing down with Surtur, who has busted a galaxy (as I recall) and created interdimensional shockwaves.

Also being shown as Dormammu's opposite number on the Law/Chaos axis, at a time when Dormammu was doing stuff like 'Warp entire dimensions into Dark Dimensions, break up entire dimensions because he's throwing a hissy fit, etc'.

I'm personally pretty cool with Old School Odin being a galaxy buster (mileage, varies, etc).

If he has been depowered recently, that's a different story.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yeah, I remember that debate back from the old board.

It was decided in favour of Odin.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I wondered if that galactic feat was an outlier especially if he only did something like that once and it wasn't a lifeless plot device galaxy there purely for him to destroy minus any consequences.
    Well, that feat did destroy the homeworld of Beta Ray Bill, didn't it?