Default Split (2017) - M Night Shyamalan

There's not a topic for this movie, so I decided to create one.

Feel free to post your thoughts on the film if you've seen it, and make sure to use spoiler tags.

I saw it the other night, and I thought it was surprisingly enjoyable. I had a few problems with the movie, but it was definitely better than I was expecting. Anya Taylor-Joy was amazing. I'll share some more of my thoughts once a discussion gets going. Right now, I don't want to go too much into spoiler territory.

Dont think im going to theaters to see it.

from friends and family who have ive heard nothing but good things, so ill probaly VOD or redbox it when it comes out.

Default Split *spoilers*

Now that it's coming to blu ray this week I hope everyone gets a chance to see this. Amazing movie. I really hope James wins an award for his work. I really think M Night is coming back into form. Unbreakable is one of my favorite super hero origin movies of all time. I also like a good villian origin too. Can't wait for what's next.
    "You know you're just one bad day away from being me."

Current Pull List: Batman, Superman, Flash, Harley Quinn, Amazing Spiderman, Spiderman, Punisher, Venom, DeadPool/Spiderman, Deadpool vs Punisher, Secret Empire, Captain America (Steve Rogers) Old Man Logan, The Walking Dead, Ghostbusters 101

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aldoxin View Post
    Now that it's coming to blu ray this week I hope everyone gets a chance to see this. Amazing movie. I really hope James wins an award for his work. I really think M Night is coming back into form. Unbreakable is one of my favorite super hero origin movies of all time. I also like a good villian origin too. Can't wait for what's next.
    Agreed 100%! My wife and I watched this a few days ago and loved it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

For people that dont know, M Night just announced the final film in the series and its going to be called Glass. It will bring back Dunn, Mr Glass and The Horde. Cant wait.

Current Pull List: Batman, Superman, Flash, Harley Quinn, Amazing Spiderman, Spiderman, Punisher, Venom, DeadPool/Spiderman, Deadpool vs Punisher, Secret Empire, Captain America (Steve Rogers) Old Man Logan, The Walking Dead, Ghostbusters 101

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aldoxin View Post
    For people that dont know, M Night just announced the final film in the series and its going to be called Glass. It will bring back Dunn, Mr Glass and The Horde. Cant wait.
    I loved both movies so I'm really looking forward to this.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I loved both movies so I'm really looking forward to this.

It being called Glass, now is that just how he wants his movie titles to work or do you think Mr. glass is going to be the biggest part of the movie manipulating people and everything?

Incredible Member

Split and awesome. I loved Unbreakable and I am looking forward to Glass.

Looking forward to the third installment (I had no idea Split had any links (other than director-writer) to Unbreakable until, y'know )

One thing I didn't like, however, was

spoilers:
    That it was implied that nothing of note (heroics or villain-wise) happened for 15 years post-Glass
    end of spoilers

Hopefully, that will be addressed in the new movie, and a lot will be added to the mythology of David Dunn