View Poll Results: Should Funko Pop! figures remain in their boxes?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep them boxed

1 7.14%
  • Set them free!

13 92.86%

Default Funko Pops! - To box or unbox?

I don't own a single one of these Funko POP! figures, but I've always thought that if I did, I would unbox them and then display them. This seems to be "against the grain", as most pictures I've seen of people's collections have them still in their boxes. So I thought I'd start a poll on whether YOU think they should be boxed, or unboxed. Is it sacrilege to set them free? Should they remain caged for their entire lives?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Set them free! I have four of them (unmasked Deadpool, thumbs up Deadpool, Star-Lord, and a big Star-Lord), and they look much better out of the box and on my desk. I've never been one for keeping things in mint condition though, whether it's figurines, comic books, or toys.
    Currently re-reading: Captivology • Currently re-watching: Guardians of the Galaxy • Currently re-heating: brownies in the microwave

I have Mulder and Scully on my desk.
    I unboxed them immediately because how else can I play with them?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Burn them.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Burn them.
    Maybe I should've added that option to the poll!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Set them free!! Unless you are planning on reselling them, open them up, display them and enjoy them! Otherwise, you're just wasting your money.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I keep them in the box so i can stack them in a nice formation so they can be on my shelf. If I unboxed them , I'd have to try and fit them around. Its best to stay with what I got. (I have 5 or 6 of them). I like getting Batman characters and a rare odd one here and there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Incredible Member

Unbox them. Unless you have small children/pets that are murder on toys what's a little dust on them now and then. I have 4 (Assassin Creed) and like moving them around pretending they're skulking around. Hard keeping the female ones upright though because Funko make their feet small.

I just never got the concepts of keeping things boxed. Like, what's the fun about that? How can people buy that kind of thing and just... not open it?

BANNED

I keep mine boxed. My favorite ones, though, I tend to get 2, so I unbox the one with the worst paint job.

/shrug

The one I have still in the box actually has another toy resting on top of the box, so I guess that is a practical reason. Also, I honestly don't think you could tell who the hell it is without the box/label to identify it. One day I may forgot what it is in my old age...
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

I'm a 50:50 collector when it comes to boxes. Some figurines and collectibles I keep in their packaging, such as pops and also my Schleich models. Others, such as my Acklay model, I have unboxed because it can't be displayed in the box. It just depends how I feel about the specific models.

Regarding funko pops, I keep them boxed. Firstly, because I find it easier to store them (and my collection is getting pretty big :P). Secondly, I actually prefer the look of them in the box, all nicely lined up in their groups - it looks awesome.

Also, I keep meaning to start a funko pop discussion thread (haven't been able to find one in search), but I never seem to get around to it...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”