Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member

Why are people calling for the return of the primitives so long after their arc was put to rest? How is that relevant today with the inhumans and where Marvel wants to take them?

Ultimate Member

We're not calling for their return, only that their existence and what was done to them has to be factored in regardless of how long ago it was...especially given that they're still practically slaves, the Inhumans were like yeah you're free and all but...don't come anywhere near us and don't talk to anybody and leave us alone totally, no interaction at all...punishable by death...

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

You are calling for their return. Otherwise your post doesn't make sense. Their existence does factor into the Inhumans - it's called reading back issues. It's just that the story was resolved and, best I can tell, they're no longer in Attilan.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Why are people calling for the return of the primitives so long after their arc was put to rest? How is that relevant today with the inhumans and where Marvel wants to take them?
    How was their arc put to rest? the last time we saw them, Medusa made them rebel again so she could have the Inhumans save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    I don't think it's fair to bring up real world slavery in direct comparison to Alpha Primitives.

Real human slaves were being with thoughts, feelings, emotion, humanity. Primitives were sterile, artificial, incapable of deep thought, emotion, and unable to have desires of their own. They were literally only able to function in the role of slaves, that's what they were genetically designed for. They were eventually given freedom, but because they were created without the want or desire to be free, most stayed in the role of a "voluntary slave" (so to speak).

The story tapered off and a couple writers tried to revive it a few times, but it never really went anywhere. And those writers' additions to the mythos, like suggesting they were evolving or gaining some sort of sentience, cannot overthrow the other 40+ years of Inhumans lore. Sentience wasn't the case before, it isn't the case after, so it's barely canon.

I'd personally LOVE to see the Alpha's make a comeback. Maybe the cloud affected them somehow wherever they are. I'd like to see that story, but it is unwritten at the moment. Still, I bet it'd be a hell of a lot more interesting that this thread, which is one big excuse to use the phrase "Inhuman Slave Owners" as many times as possible.

Black Bolt and Medusa's generation freed the slaves. That is a good thing right? They did what no other King or Queen before them would do, they overthrew the status quo established by their forefathers and pushed Inhuman culture in a more liberal, progressive direction. End of story... like 40 years ago.
    Then why did Soule say he would have Medusa looking for them, because they were still her subjects? He obviously had plans for them, but then nothing happened.

BANNED

They're sort of an obviously problematic plot point so it's no surprise Marvel higher ups and certain fans would want them swept under the rug in service to the continual Inhumans push machine. It's too bad because a capable writer could probably do some compelling stuff with them and I think the Nuhuman response could be particularly fascinating. Inhuman/Nuhuman culture clash and points of distinction are something that's not really brought up enough imo, it's basically all Team Attilan and some stragglers elsewhere (Synapse, Moon Girl, etc) or the bad guys. The Alpha Primitives could be a nice wedge issue there, basically a key part of the Inhumans' secret past. Maybe we even get a legitimate Schism out of it and two functional independant camps of Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    We're not calling for their return, only that their existence and what was done to them has to be factored in regardless of how long ago it was...especially given that they're still practically slaves, the Inhumans were like yeah you're free and all but...don't come anywhere near us and don't talk to anybody and leave us alone totally, no interaction at all...punishable by death...
    Okay, but hypothetically if the primitives have their own society somewhere, and the inhumans don't bother them and aren't forcing them to come back.... wouldn't that be a good thing?

Also where is interaction punishable by death?

It's worth noting, probably, that a lot of inhumans disappeared after Attilan fell. All of them were being searched for but unless a writer thinks of a way to use them and has time to work them in they're not gonna show up or be mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Then why did Soule say he would have Medusa looking for them, because they were still her subjects? He obviously had plans for them, but then nothing happened.
    What did he say exactly?

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

"Medusa has many items on her agenda, and one is locating the Alpha Primitives. They are still her subjects."

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/03/06...-talk-inhuman/

Thanks. It appears they ran out of time doing other things (obviously, there were AXIS, Civil War II, and IvX tie-ins). It does suggest that they went through Eldrac, though?

Ultimate Member

I'm sure that if the Inhumans found an alpha primitive and one of them interacting the two parties would just get a slap on the wrist and told no, and it's already clear how Medusa views everyone that is not an Inhuman...

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It does suggest that they went through Eldrac, though?
    Any alphas left on Attilan probably got sent to the blue area of the moon to be with the rest of their little colony.