Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default RUMOR (from Eurogamer): Square-Enix's 2nd Marvel game is Guardians of the Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Phillips (Eurogamer)
    Back at Eidos Montreal, a small team is currently aiding Crystal Dynamics' Avengers project and, Eurogamer has heard, in the early stages of production on the second Marvel game based around Guardians of the Galaxy. This project will be lead by Eidos Montreal.

With its collaboration on Avengers, the full production of Guardians of the Galaxy and a big new Tomb Raider game to finish first, it sounds like the studio will be kept busy - and away from Deus Ex - for quite a while.
    Source: Eurogamer
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

I wouldn't think they would be focused on GotG already with that Telltale game coming out sometime this year, though I suppose we wouldn't see this for 2-3 years at least anyway. Sucks for me though, I love the Deus Ex series and I'm indifferent to GotG.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Guardians of the Galaxy? Could be cool, though frankly I'm surprised we haven't heard more rumours about the FIRST game yet LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I wouldn't think they would be focused on GotG already with that Telltale game coming out sometime this year, though I suppose we wouldn't see this for 2-3 years at least anyway. Sucks for me though, I love the Deus Ex series and I'm indifferent to GotG.
    Yeah, I wasn't expecting any franchise overlap given other companies seemed to be working on the other big name properties at Marvel.

Not that I'd mind a more action-based GoTG game compared to what Telltale is going to deliver, though I'm still looking forward to the latter .

Wouldn't be my first choice but I'll take a game based on a team over a single character any day.

So... Avengers. Guardians of the Galaxy. It's several years early to speculate but what do you guys think will be the next game after that?

Iron Man?
    Captain America?
    Thor?
    Hulk?
    Agents of SHIELD? (not based on the tv show)
    Ant-Man and the Wasp?
    Doctor Strange?
    Thunderbolts?
    Avengers sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Wouldn't be my first choice but I'll take a game based on a team over a single character any day.

So... Avengers. Guardians of the Galaxy. It's several years early to speculate but what do you guys think will be the next game after that?

Iron Man?
    Captain America?
    Thor?
    Hulk?
    Ant-Man and the Wasp?
    Doctor Strange?
    Thunderbolts?
    Avengers sequel?
    I think Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Hulk would be the obvious ones in terms of popularity. Agents of Shield (which could be based, loosely, on the tv series) is a possibility. Ant-Man and Wasp, since it'll most likely be based on the MCU version than no thanks personally. Doctor Strange could be cool as would Thunderbolts. An Avengers sequel feels inevitable, the only thing that could stop it would be if the company went bust or they had a falling out with Marvel leading to a termination of the contract which I don't see happening LOL.

If we were to make a wishlist however I'd add Spider-Man since (he is part of the MCU afterall).

Others that I think could happen would be the Captain Marvel and/or Black Panther games.

Still, it's early days in terms of speculation, still fun to speculate though

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

Iron Man?
    Captain America?
    Thor?
    Hulk?
    Ant-Man and the Wasp?
    Doctor Strange?
    Thunderbolts?
    Avengers sequel?
    I have a feeling we'll be seeing Avenger solo games based around the 4 heroes in the teaser for the Avengers Project (Iron Man, Cap, Thor, and Hulk).

Good for them.

Maybe it's going to be like Mass Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Good for them.

If it's anywhere near as good as the first two Mass Effect games I'd be chuffed.

Good for them.

That would be kind of tricky, given the mechanics of Mass Effect, but it's definitely a good example to follow. Traveling the galaxy, taking up odd jobs here and there, building alliances, and romancing along the way (which is perfectly in line with Peter Quill's character) all complement Guardians of the Galaxy perfectly. If Mass Effect Andromeda is a success, then that'll just make the market even hungrier for a Guardians of the Galaxy game.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Good for them.

Please no. There are better games to follow than anything Bioware has done. Like Edios Montreal own Deus Ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Please no. There are better games to follow than anything Bioware has done. Like Edios Montreal own Deus Ex.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I would say Dragon Age is a stronger view of what Bioware does more so then any game after the first Mass effect. I would even say go back and look at the likes of even older RPGs.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I would say Dragon Age is a stronger view of what Bioware does more so then any game after the first Mass effect. I would even say go back and look at the likes of even older RPGs.
    The Bioware who developed Dragon Age isn't who they are now. The Dragon Age sequels are ****, The Sonic RPG they did on the DS before being brought by EA is ass, The Old Republic is a joke of an MMO. I don't want any developer to follow their example.

The Bioware who developed Dragon Age isn't who they are now. The Dragon Age sequels are ****, The Sonic RPG they did on the DS before being brought by EA is ass, The Old Republic is a joke of an MMO. I don't want any developer to follow their example.
    (Sigh) The high hopes I had for that game...