Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Shouldn't Luke Cage get a new on-going solo series in the future ?

I mean Iron Fist getting two and Jessica Jones gets a new one with her original team back together again and then there's Daredevil's on-going. Almost all of the Defenders have their own solo series, but Luke Cage doesn't have any solo series outside of his Power Man and Iron Fist series.

As fans of the character: Should there be a new Luke Cage on-going series ?

As one of the bigger properties in marvel he SHOULD get a solo on-going at some point.

But between Heroes for Hire, Defenders, the Crew, and Jessica Jones in the least I'm not too worried Cage won't be showing up anywhere anytime soon.

Sure, why not ?

Well, Power-man and the Iron fist.. Is more Luke's book than Danny's. It is set in his part of town, heavily his rouges gallery, focuses more on his personal life, and he does get top billing.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Well, Power-man and the Iron fist.. Is more Luke's book than Danny's. It is set in his part of town, heavily his rouges gallery, focuses more on his personal life, and he does get top billing.
    Yeah, I almost think Danny is getting a solo before Cage because Danny needs it more. Anytime Danny is next to Luke it's really about Luke... Danny just kinda happens to be there. We're seeing that with the current Heroes for Hire, and we saw that when they were part of the New Avengers together. Dannys ALMOST becoming more a side kick than a partner. Almost.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Plus, he did technically just have a mini.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Actually surprised he hasn't had one already. Though the point about Power Man and Iron Fist being more Luke's book than Danny's is kind of true, Danny feels like more of the sidekick sometimes.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Mighty Member

I don't think Luke will ever get an ongoing solo. Then, with marvel nowadays you never know.

Frankly, IDK about you guys but I'm more interested in Luke with Danny hanging around then just Luke... Nothing against Luke but I think he reads better with someone to play off on...

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Frankly, IDK about you guys but I'm more interested in Luke with Danny hanging around then just Luke... Nothing against Luke but I think he reads better with someone to play off on...
    Between Luke having a super hero wife at home and a super hero best friend at work, it does almost make more sense for him to be shown in some sort of team setting like Heroes for Hire or Defenders than a solo book. Since every minute of his life almost seems to be potentially covered in one of the other books he's in, you almost wonder what a solo book would cover that isn't covered.

WHich isn't to say I wouldn't want a Luke solo. But honestly I don't entirely feel I need it.

I think it may be a while until we get a new Luke Cage solo series, considering they just finished Genndy Tartakovsky's awesome CAGE! mini-series.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Power Man and Iron Fist is Cage's book. Danny is just along for the ride in that one.

It seems to be ending to make way for Defenders though. I no reason why Luke shouldn't get a new #1.

To this day I'm a little surprised that Bendis never did a Luke Cage solo, or at least a mini. Though I guess New Avengers was SORT OF his Luke Cage book anyways. Sort of.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Luke's solos don't really do well. This could be changed with the right writer.

There doesn't seem to be a palpable audience surge in interest for Cage like there was with Jessica Jones so maybe Marvel is playing it safe by only giving him that mediocre mini from the cartoon guy?