37 22.98%
  • Steph X Dick

3 1.86%
  • Steph X Jason

1 0.62%
  • Steph X Tim

19 11.80%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I still want an Elseworld with Jason as Robin and Cass as Batgirl, and the two working as adoptive siblings under Bruce (you know, before he became sociopathic).

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    BabsxDick as written per B:TAS or Dixon as the pair with the most chemistry.

StephxDamian as per Bryan Q. Miller as the pair that are the most fun to read.

CassxTim for the deadliest team.
    Throwing in StephxTim for the ease when they work together on things and not bickering.

Have we really seen Jason very much with any of the Batgirls?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    . . . Have we really seen Jason very much with any of the Batgirls?
    Well, there was a very brief possibility between Barbara and Jason during Batman Eternal, and I think that was referred to in Batman: Three Jokers.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, there was a very brief possibility between Barbara and Jason during Batman Eternal, and I think that was referred to in Batman: Three Jokers.
    I remember seeing that. Wonder who would be a good Batgirl to work with him as a team.

Spectacular Member

I feel like this is almost unfair to every other option that is not Dick & Babs: they are pretty much the love story of the batcorner of the DC Universe. They've had so many interactions over the past decades - including many flashbacks to their Robin & Batgirl days - that it's hard not to vote for them. There's this feeling of purity and lightheartedness around their youth in those roles, perhaps because it's a throwback to an era of lighthearted Batman.

As a runner-up, I always loved Tim & Cass when they partnered up or when their titles crossed over in the 2000s. Their personalities play off each other in ways that they don't with other characters, perhaps because they're both so serious. Would like to see more of Tim and/or Cass these days.

As for Jason, he never had a contemporary Batgirl, though I assume Barbara would still be active while he was Robin. How many years younger than Dick/Babs do we reckon he is? And how many years older than Tim/Steph/Cass? If he's 5 years apart from each group, he's aged in a somewhat weird spot to really partner with either. His true partner-in-crime is Roy Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I feel like this is almost unfair to every other option that is not Dick & Babs: they are pretty much the love story of the batcorner of the DC Universe. They've had so many interactions over the past decades - including many flashbacks to their Robin & Batgirl days - that it's hard not to vote for them. There's this feeling of purity and lightheartedness around their youth in those roles, perhaps because it's a throwback to an era of lighthearted Batman.

As a runner-up, I always loved Tim & Cass when they partnered up or when their titles crossed over in the 2000s. Their personalities play off each other in ways that they don't with other characters, perhaps because they're both so serious. Would like to see more of Tim and/or Cass these days.

As for Jason, he never had a contemporary Batgirl, though I assume Barbara would still be active while he was Robin. How many years younger than Dick/Babs do we reckon he is? And how many years older than Tim/Steph/Cass? If he's 5 years apart from each group, he's aged in a somewhat weird spot to really partner with either. His true partner-in-crime is Roy Harper.
    Length of time doesn't always mean anything if it did then Tim and Steph and tim and Cass would also eclipse Damian and Steph since those two have more than 30 years to Damian and Steph 2 or so years.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

* Cass X Jason[/indent]
    Cass and Jason would be difficult to write without the series being extremely short or one of the characters being unrecognizably twisted by the writers.

[Dick] Did Cass break all of your fingers again?

[Jason] ...yes.

[Dick] Who did you try to shoot?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Cass and Jason would be difficult to write without the series being extremely short or one of the characters being unrecognizably twisted by the writers.

[Dick] Did Cass break all of your fingers again?

[Jason] ...yes.

[Dick] Who did you try to shoot?
    Er, Robin Jason wasn't a bad Robin. Look at "Tim" from BTAS, and its basically Jason, just with Tim's name.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Steph/Damian, even though I'm an enormous Steph/Tim shipper, I love the actual interactions between Steph and Damian more during their time in those roles.
    Steph and Damian always struck me as a big sister / little brother relationship, and they even fought like kids sometimes when they were on missions. I always felt that Damian didn't know how to handle it when Stephanie teased him sometimes and he would act his age even more than usual. Normally he is so ultra serious, but she always knew how to push his buttons, just like any big sister would know. I loved them together as a team, just because it had a lot of humor.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Originally she's already retired by the time he came in, she was 26 and he was 12.
    In the post 2000 era, she's also already retired but returned for a one time adventure with him.
    In New 52 she's only about 2 years older and was still active as Batgirl when he became Robin, though it's not for long for the both of them. By the end of that tenure, he was killed and she was paralyzed before she hits 19.

In Post Crisis Jason is the same age as Cass, about 2 years older than Tim.
    In New 52 Cass is the around the same age as Tim, Duke and Harper, about 2-3 years younger than Jason and 5 years younger than Dick and Babs.
    Currently Cass is still considered teenager alongside Tim and Stephanie.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Er, Robin Jason wasn't a bad Robin. Look at "Tim" from BTAS, and its basically Jason, just with Tim's name.
    True, I'm thinking more about his current propensity toward shooting people. As a Robin, things might have worked out differently.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    True, I'm thinking more about his current propensity toward shooting people. As a Robin, things might have worked out differently.
    Even that's now in the past. Jason has given up his guns after the Cheer storyline.

But anyway, Robin Jason and Batgirl Cass (with both being about the same age and being adopted by Bruce) would be an interesting dynamic, if you ask me. For an Elseworlds, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Even that's now in the past. Jason has given up his guns after the Cheer storyline.
    But does he still have Bendy the crowbar?

But does he still have Bendy the crowbar?
    He's still using that, yes. A part of me head cannons that he got the idea after playing a round of Half-life.

I'm really surprised that there wasn't a Batgirl between Babs and Cassandra at the time. Even just for a bit, you would think DC would want to at least capitalize on it.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I miss Steph's solo book

I also loved when Steph tried to teach Damian how to enjoy a bounce house, so friggin' funny
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 08-26-2021 at 11:41 PM.