Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Avengers Assemble wasn't really the main Avengers book at the time.

Also, I remember it being "semi-canon" and actually having a very kiddy vibe at the start. Also came out during a time where it felt Avengers stuff was being flooded into books.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post

Onto the actual question, what would synchronising with the MCU achieve? The movies don't exactly bring in lots of new readers?
    To be fair, that hasn't really stopped Marvel before.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

First of all, I just can't believe that at least 2 people have criticized Del Mundo's art. That guy is one of the best guys at Marvel!

Onto the actual question, what would synchronising with the MCU achieve? The movies don't exactly bring in lots of new readers?
    Like I said in my post Shinglepants, different tastes for different folks regarding the art work I'm sincerely glad you're enjoying it though, it's just not my cup of tea personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Also, I remember it being "semi-canon" and actually having a very kiddy vibe at the start. Also came out during a time where it felt Avengers stuff was being flooded into books.
    There was a period of time when, if the Avengers appeared in a book, it would definitely be the six MCU Avengers.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

To be fair, that hasn't really stopped Marvel before.
    Of course not, Marvel love their synergy. I'm just asking how it would help? Or why it makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Like I said in my post Shinglepants, different tastes for different folks regarding the art work I'm sincerely glad you're enjoying it though, it's just not my cup of tea personally.
    Maybe if you just tried harder?! Nah, I'm just playin', art is highly subjective afterall.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Maybe if you just tried harder?! Nah, I'm just playin', art is highly subjective afterall.
    LOL. Maybe I should try harder LOL. I do have one positive thing to say about his art work though to be fair. It's a hell of a lot better than mine. I'm bloody awful at drawing

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Well everybody is dead, or whatever.

Of course not, Marvel love their synergy. I'm just asking how it would help? Or why it makes sense?
    I question that too tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was a period of time when, if the Avengers appeared in a book, it would definitely be the six MCU Avengers.
    They still do the odd MCU-Avenger cameo here and there. Iron Man and Cap used to be pretty common for that.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Avengers Assemble wasn't really the main Avengers book at the time.

Exactly. So all this "they tried it and it didn't work" talk is nonsense.

Also, I'm not saying this is something I would prefer to see, I'm saying it makes more sense than what we have right now.

And yes I absolutely think many of us can boost Marvel's sales with our ideas on how to make it work better. I don't care how ridiculous some of you might find it, I believe it. It's laughable what editors and whoever else in charge think what might work or what could be better than what we already have.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It has less to do with what characters are in the books and everything to do with the overload of Avengers books. People are just burnt out on everything being "Avengers". Marvel did like they always do and just saturated the market with book after book with "Avengers" in the title and just like what usually happens with all big properties it started burning people out.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    It did? I really enjoyed it. The roster didn't stay unchanged anyway. At least not for long.
    The whole premise of the book was pathetic, its characterization awful, and oh by the way, almost everyone on that roster has encountered Thanos a few times...Who's Thanos???

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Lang isn't really avengers type
    MCU Lang isn't, Lang as he's currently portrayed (MCUish) isn't, but the man has been an Avenger for quite some time, and a solid contributing member.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It has less to do with what characters are in the books and everything to do with the overload of Avengers books. People are just burnt out on everything being "Avengers". Marvel did like they always do and just saturated the market with book after book with "Avengers" in the title and just like what usually happens with all big properties it started burning people out.
    When there were

Avengers
    New Avengers
    Uncanny Avengers
    Secret Avengers
    Young Avengers
    Avengers Arena / Avengers Undercover
    Avengers Assemble
    Avengers World
    A + X
    Avengers A.I.

all pretty much at the same time,
    the overall sales were a lot better.

So I don't see your point at all.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    When there were

Avengers
    New Avengers
    Uncanny Avengers
    Secret Avengers
    Young Avengers
    Avengers Assemble
    Avengers World
    A + X
    Avengers A.I.

And how many of those books are still around? It works for a while and then it hits the tipping point and it all falls in on itself. Marvel has done this before and it always ends the same way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    When there were

Avengers
    New Avengers
    Uncanny Avengers
    Secret Avengers
    Young Avengers
    Avengers Assemble
    Avengers World
    A + X
    Avengers A.I.

And WHO was on those rosters?

A lot of folks who are still around and in books that you continue to take issue with them even being around.

And some of those books didn't make 30 issues.

Please no. That line-up has been done. I'd want at least 2 or 3 different characters to bring something new to the table.
    Then again, the current line-up is still pretty related to the MCU characters.
    Only Jane Thor and Hercules would really raise eyebrows from moviegoers.
    Sam Wilson is an Avenger in the movies, he just isn't Cap there (yet).
    Nadia is basically a younger Hope Pym. Spider-man and Vision are both MCU characters as well.
    The current MCU Avengers don't even have such a stable team anymore anyway. If you're talking about the first team, I really couldn't care less about more of that.