Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb Character You Did Not Expect........You would LIKE!?

This is Going off of Anthony W's Great Thread idea, thanks for the Inspiration Anthony W, Well done on yours!

Bassicially what the Thread Says;

When you went into comics, where their characters you knew of or did not know of or ones that you before where not found of, BUT after sometime you where surprised you ended up LIKING them more then you Thought!?
    Last edited by CJStriker; 01-30-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I've always liked Jessica Drew. When I saw the costume change and the fact that she was going to be pregnant and continue being a superhero was something I thought I would hate. Hopeless made the whole thing work and I honestly think it's the best thing to happen to her.

It was pure curiosity that made me pick up the first issue of Kamala Khan's Ms. Marvel because I was off the radar for so long that I didn't know that Carol had gone onto a different name. After reading the first issue I just had to buy another, and another, until where I am now with Kamala as my favorite superhero, proudly owning her first 6 trade paperbacks, the current two trades of ANAD Avengers, and expanding into becoming a Marvel fan in all the mediums beyond movies.

Going into PAD's X-Factor I would've a million times kicked Monet out of the lineup. I hated that she kept her powers over her teammates Jubilee and Chamber and just in general wanted to stay away from anything involving the word "M-Twins" ever again. Fortunately, that backstory was not referenced whatsoever and she absolutely stole the show during much of the first half of the run. She hasn't really hit those marks since, but she is pretty well-cemented as an all-time favorite and now I feel like I can enjoy her portrayal in non-Larry Hama back issues of Generation X as well.

Agent Venom. When I first saw that they were giving Flash the symbiote, it seemed like a pretty stupid idea to me especially given that Flash had never really been more than a supporting character to Peter. But after Remender's amazing run with him, I fell in love with the character to the point that Agent Venom is my favorite version of Venom.

Incredible Member

I really ended up liking the Jane Foster Thor way more than I thought I would.

BANNED

Kate Bishop, Hawkeye.

Not close to a "favorite", I'd think, but considering I'm not too fond of the original...

The Young Avengers I thought they were going to be a cheap rip off of the Teen Titans, but man did that title have heart. Too bad they I always seem to be stuck in a perpetual state of limbo.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

MAC
    Wonder Man
    Beta Ray Bill
    Power Princess
    She Hulk
    Mister Sinister
    The Eternals
    Blue Marvel

Squirrel Girl

For me it would be Vision. Honestly never really cared for the character, but the recent Tom King run has made him one of my favorite characters in all of comics and really showed me that if the right creator gets a hold of the right character it can really change your perspective on that character.

I would say the same thing for Spider-woman, was another character I did not really care about and the only thing I did like about her was her costume. When they announced the costume change and status quo change I initially hated the idea of it but the recent comics have really showed her strengths as a character and Spider-Woman is one of the comics I most look forward to every month.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Never expected to like Namor as much as I do now.

Also wasn't sold on Agent Venom, but Remender really won me over with that.

And lately I've been reading nothing but Nova (Richard Rider) and loving this character.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

The Avengers Academy crew. I've always been more on the X-Men side of things when it comes to youth teams, but I saw some scans and they looked fun. Next thing you know, I'm actually half a fan of Hank Pym and fully a fan of the kids.

JaneThor

X23

Inhumans other than Black Bolt
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The first name that immediately comes to mind is Sam Alexander. I just loved Richie so much and it annoyed the hell out of me that he was gone while Star-Lord and Thanos got to comeback from the cancerverse.

The whole thing just soured me on Sam, but when Richie came back I decided to read about Sam, and he's a pretty alright character.

I also like Jane-Thor a lot more than I thought I would, the name thing still bugs me a little, but other than that, she's fine.