Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Agent Venom. When I first saw that they were giving Flash the symbiote, it seemed like a pretty stupid idea to me especially given that Flash had never really been more than a supporting character to Peter. But after Remender's amazing run with him, I fell in love with the character to the point that Agent Venom is my favorite version of Venom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Kate Bishop, Hawkeye.

Not close to a "favorite", I'd think, but considering I'm not too fond of the original...
    Ditto on both of these. I thought Agent Venom sounded unbelievable dumb and combined two characters I never cared much about on their own. And yet Agent Venom became one of my favorite characters and his solo one of my favorite runs.

And Kate never thrilled me all that much (didn't hate her, just wasn't a big fan) but yet her new solo is one of the best books out there and has made me fall in love with her.

The Young Avengers. (seemed like a drab attempt to replicate the Teen Titan fandom for Marvel)

The Runaways. (seemed like a bunch of nobodies I wouldn't care about)

Shatterstar (by way of Peter David's X-Factor Investigations)

Namor (by way of Gillen's Uncanny X-Men)

Deadpool (by way of Remender's Uncanny X-Force)

Squirrel Girl (by way of Ewing's New Avengers)

America Chavez (by way of Gillen's Young Avengers)

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Silk - I wasn't keen on her when Dan Slott introduced her but when Robbie Thompson did his solo book I thought I'd give it a chance and now I'm glad I did as I love that book and enjoy the character more now.

Mighty Member

I bought Valentino's Guardians of the Galaxy on a whim way back when and loved it. He did some cool world building, if nothing else.I wish they would bring back Guardians 3000 as I really enjoyed that team.
    Last edited by MouserGrey; 01-31-2017 at 07:55 AM.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Mighty Member

Jane Thor

kamala khan

and most importantly...gwenpool. Who'd have thought a gimmick character would have so much heart and be so fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I've always liked Jessica Drew. When I saw the costume change and the fact that she was going to be pregnant and continue being a superhero was something I thought I would hate. Hopeless made the whole thing work and I honestly think it's the best thing to happen to her.
    I feel 100% the same. When I found out, my initial reaction was, "OMG! What have you done to Jessica?!"

... but then it was brilliant.

Spider-Woman for me. Hopeless has done a fantastic job with her and I will be sad after #17. He turned a D lister like Porcupine into a very well developed likeable character. He has made Jess's domestic life as entertaining as her superhero life. Dennis knows how to hook you in and make you wait impatiently for the next issue. Not to mamy Marvel writers right now can do that. Jess deserves a relaunch in the future.

Spider Woman - Then I read her in New Avengers (or rather her Skrull-clone) and I fell in love with all the asskickery and sass.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

It would have to be Cable for me. I was never into the X-side of Marvel, and picked up UA a year ago, and I have to say I really like the guy. There's some no-nonsense about him that I really enjoy. I really hope his solo does well.

And Doombot, from Avengers A.I. I actually still miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I feel 100% the same. When I found out, my initial reaction was, "OMG! What have you done to Jessica?!"

... but then it was brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Spider-Woman for me. Hopeless has done a fantastic job with her and I will be sad after #17. He turned a D lister like Porcupine into a very well developed likeable character. He has made Jess's domestic life as entertaining as her superhero life. Dennis knows how to hook you in and make you wait impatiently for the next issue. Not to mamy Marvel writers right now can do that. Jess deserves a relaunch in the future.
    All of this. Dennis Hopeless turned Jessica Drew into my all time favorite character ever. I absolutely love her.

Another one for me it's Mosaic - I won't lie when I say I initially picked up the book so I could be up to date on it for the Attilan Rising Podcast (I am so ashamed to admit this. I feel like a horrible person). But wow, do I really love this book. Morris is a dick - but you completely feel sympathetic towards him and his powers are WILD. Seriously - the dude has endless story possibilities. I love him. (Pick up this book!! Geoffrey Thorne is an awesome writer.)
    Last edited by Seren; 01-31-2017 at 04:24 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I'm gonna say Gwenpool, at first I thought she was simply a idiotic business decision growing off the hype of both Spider-Gwen and Deadpool but as it turned out the series was actually fairly well written and Gwen herself turned out to be likeable and pretty funny.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Synapse. Full stop.

When I first started reading comics I thought the hulk was stupid, and went out of my way to avoid anything the hulk was in. A couple years ago I had the misfortune of watching an episode of the X-men anime (sorry if anyone here is a fan of it, I'm not saying it was horrible it just wasn't my cup of tea), I strongly disliked it. In fact I hated it so much I wanted to try to force the memory out of my mind as quickly as possible by watching a marvel cartoon of something else. The only other thing I could find was the hulk cartoon from the 90s. I ended up watching all two seasons and enjoyed it, so I read all of Peter David and Greg Pak's runs. Now I am slowly working my way through other runs of the hulk.

So I pretty much ended up loving the Hulk and pretty much all of the characters, (except general Ross) when I used to think they were the stupidest part of the marvel universe.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Richard Rider. Picked up New Warriors because I saw Speedball was on the team and was totally put off by how much of a dick Nova was. Fast forward to when they went to Xandar and I started really liking him. His ascension from being the jock guy in NW to big-time, universe-saving hero in Annihilation was awesome and made me that much more of a fan.

Back in 2001, when news about the new Chris Claremont book, X-Treme X-Men, said the team would have a new member called Sage, I was very curious, as I always am about new characters.

Then, word came that this new member was actually just Tessa, plain old Sebastian Shaw's assistant Tessa...I was so bored: "Really? Tessa is the new x-man?"

Oh man, how wrong was I ?! Claremont made her my new favorite character and that's what she's been to me ever since!