Default GLAAD Comics Nominees For 2017 – All-New X-Men

All New X-men and the O5 are far from unanimous among fans however it was one of the titles indicated by GLAAD Comics Nominees 2017 – All-New X-Men, Black Panther, Bombshells, Kim & Kim, Love Is Love, Lumberjanes, Midnighter, Patsy Walker, Saga And The Woods.

All these titles have been nominated for the GLAAD Awards for 2017, celebrating comic books that recognize and honor media for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and the issues that affect their lives.

All-New X-Men, by Dennis Hopeless, Mark Bagley, Andrew Hennessy, Paco Diaz, Nolan Woodard, Rachelle Rosenberg, Cory Petit
    Marvel Comics.

Source:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...er-saga-woods/

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...er-saga-woods/

http://www.glaad.org/mediaawards/nominees

ANXM over Jem?!

The Woods and the Midnighter books would be my top picks. Sorry, baby Bobby.

Too bad Angela is so obscure and underrated. It totally deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Too bad Angela is so obscure and underrated. It totally deserved it.
    Alonso dug Angela's grave for her with his "We wish not to label her" glass closeting nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Alonso dug Angela's grave for her with his "We wish not to label her" glass closeting nonsense.
    Well, that has more effect on the future of the character than QOH itself. The writer clearly cared about representation...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, that has more effect on the future of the character than QOH itself. The writer clearly cared about representation...
    I'm sure the writer did but the company has to support her wishes too. But Alonso downplayed the LGBTQ aspect of Angela in interviews when outright given an opportunity to focus on it (also insinuating that Bennett too agreed with him) and that's unfortunately the overriding official stance on the character. So I can see why GLAAD was reluctant to give the title recognition.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 01-31-2017 at 10:59 PM.

Big congrats to All-New X-men. It's one thing to make a brand new character who happens to be LGBT. But to take an established character who has been around since 1963, been depicted in cartoons and movies, and is a major part of a franchise and reveal that he's gay is huge. Given the legacy of the X-men and what they represent, I think it's very fitting. I hope Iceman's upcoming solo series does well. At a time when the LGBT community has been under fire, I think it's the perfect time for Iceman to shine.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Resurrection from what we've seen so far promises to give a good spotlight on lgbt themes in Blue, Iceman solo and GX.

I'll be cheering to have good stories this year especially if involving Jubilee and Bling.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Big congrats to All-New X-men. It's one thing to make a brand new character who happens to be LGBT. But to take an established character who has been around since 1963, been depicted in cartoons and movies, and is a major part of a franchise and reveal that he's gay is huge. Given the legacy of the X-men and what they represent, I think it's very fitting. I hope Iceman's upcoming solo series does well. At a time when the LGBT community has been under fire, I think it's the perfect time for Iceman to shine.
    Who or what has the LGBT community under fire?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    See the election results from last November.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

All New? Didn't Bendis have bobby barely doing anything? But I guess it did make bobby marvel's 'highest level' LGBT character. Well, deadpool maybe, don't know if he 'counts.'

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Well there are still people who think LGBT people wanting marriage rights or holding hands in public is asking for special privileges. Oppression isn't always vocal.

It's undoubtedly better than it used to be though.

Anyway, congratulations to hopeless/anxm/iceman.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?