Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expanse

Incredible Member

Default EVERYONE !!! - STOP what you are doing right now and go watch "The Expanse"

I saw the pilot weeks ago and thought it was intriguing and engaging, but I got occupied with other things. I went to check out the sci fi site and saw there were 3 more episodes released, with another this Tuesday so I watched the rest...

O M F G it is shockingly good.

Every single human being born unto this earth that has yet to see this show, is an empty mass effect husk of a man.

It's probably the best show since battlestar galactica on sci fi.

You have now been alerted. Some of you, perhaps most will ignore my call to action. I cannot save you, simply know that you had the chance to have greater happiness in your life, and chose emptiness.

Honestly though, I've heard good things. Will catch it when it hits Netflix.

Incredible Member

I've been loving this series, I will certainly be disappointed if it gets the Firefly treatment

Incredible Member

I got like ten minutes into the first episode and was so bored I cut it off.

Love the show so far. Glad to hear that it is getting a second season. I plan on trying the original book series soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    I was not enthralled with the pilot or the second episode. It almost felt like the backstory scenes on video games. Almost stopped watching. But then the third and forth episodes took off. I am now going to be there every week.
    Give it another try.

I also wasn't sold on the pilot, but the pilot ending was shocking and the series hasn't stopped being great since then. You'll all be happy to know that it was picked up for a second expanded 13-episode season (this one is 10 episodes) before the pilot even aired! (supposedly, that was because the amazing special effects take so long to produce, and they needed the lead time). This is my favourite in-production sci-fi show right now. It's awesome!! It's the opposite of formulaic with a great overarching mystery / conspiracy to keep you hooked. And 23 movie-quality episodes are guaranteed! Watch this now! Canadians can watch the first 4 episodes on line for free on Space. http://www.space.ca/featuredshow/the-expanse/#episodes

Yes, it's pretty good. Battlestar Galactica-meets-Outland-meets-Blade Runner. You can tell it's a show that gradually builds up steam.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    The same thing happened to me.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have been very surprised how good this show is. I was expecting something more like Dark Matter or any of the other mediocre SciFi series they have been churnning out since Battlestar ended, but this show is really really good.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post

Honestly though, I've heard good things. Will catch it when it hits Netflix.
    That's fine if you want to wait to binge, but too many people doing that makes me think the show will not garner enough viewers for more seasons, even if they already ordered a second season. Second seasons are where syfy shows go to die, that is the culling time for the syfy execs.

So seeing as that is a reality, before you go to bed at night, head over to their site, and play one episode without an ad blocker and let it run with the screen turned off. That will count as a view I think, and you can still wait to binge.

I'm sure this singular intervention will turn the tide... or not, but if more people did that we'd have more good shows that stuck around.

I've enjoyed this show very much. Good action. Interesting cast. It feels like a real possible future in say 150 years.Not that sci-fi needs to be a possible future to be good.

I'm in.

Not sure about this strange Church of The Latter Day Saints plot line? Strange.

Propaganda? Not sure yet.

Incredible Member

Default Spread the word about the expanse

I just saw the latest episode last night and it is still excellent and getting better.

I am worried about the ratings though. I know they already have a season 2 greenlit, but this show has such a small viewership compared to unworthy shows like supergirl I'm still worried about it long term.

I know someone of you don't want to bother viewing it right now and just want to dvr it for later viewing in one complete set in another month when it's completed. That's fine, but if you are still awake, maybe you can cheat and load the latest episode on your dvr before you go to sleep and just let it play out. That will count as a view. We can't let this die, we can't let firefly happen again while the supergirls of the world thrive.

Incredible Member

Just saw episode 8 a day late. Things are finally coming together with more secrets revealed.

This is the best show on television so far, very well done. I heard next week will be a two hour finale and I'm looking forward to it. I keep posting about this because 99% of you here are completely ignoring this show and that's not right. This apathy is causing people not aware of the show to be oblivious to its greatness. And so here I am, like a noble siren alerting people to a city of light.

Well, I guess 306 posts means that you're not a employee trying to drum up viewing numbers...

Yeah, I'd heard of this but we don't get it and I don't use Netflix, so even if it comes on there, I'll most likely end up missing or skipping it. Not that I have much faith in TV delivering anyway...