Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expanse

Incredible Member

And.... the two part season finale just hit, and it was great. Answered a lot of questions, while offering even more mystery. Best sci fi show in years.

This is a heads up to the people who wanted to wait until the season was done to jump in all at once, it's complete now. It will at least get a season 2 since that was greenlit early, beyond that, who knows.

http://arstechnica.com/the-multivers...ries-in-years/

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    And.... the two part season finale just hit, and it was great. Answered a lot of questions, while offering even more mystery. Best sci fi show in years.
    It didnt answer anything.
    We are literally one or two steps ahead from the first episode.

spoilers:
    The only things we know now is that Papa Mao is the one that is messing with that thing and the Earth President is involved.
    There rest of the story was just one long run-around.
    end of spoilers

Not saying it was bad but the story has not actually moved that much.
    I wouldn't say it the best sci-fi show in years but i would say it's good.

I actually want to know more about the OPA mechanic lady and her body guard more than all the conspiracies going around.

It is interesting that there was a switch in the Earth story on who is the bad guy and who is the good guy.
    Last edited by Sighphi; 02-03-2016 at 05:52 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    It didnt answer anything.
    We are literally one or two steps ahead from the first episode.
    If you feel that way, all the more reason to get more people to watch so season 2 will be a success and we get a season 3 as well !

I want the show to get a bigger budget, and that means it needs more viewers. This show is on syfy. The end of the second year is the most productive time of the syfy reaper. Once a season starts it's like one of those final fantasy DOOM spells is placed on the show with a 24 month timer. This is why I am trying to do my part to get the disinterested sloths among you into watching the show. If I must be the lone siren in the dark trying to save superior quality from oblivion so be it. If this show does end next year, it will not be because people on these forums were unaware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    If you feel that way, all the more reason to get more people to watch so season 2 will be a success and we get a season 3 as well !

I want the show to get a bigger budget, and that means it needs more viewers. This show is on syfy. The end of the second year is the most productive time of the syfy reaper. Once a season starts it's like one of those final fantasy DOOM spells is placed on the show with a 24 month timer. This is why I am trying to do my part to get the disinterested sloths among you into watching the show. If I must be the lone siren in the dark trying to save superior quality from oblivion so be it. If this show does end next year, it will not be because people on these forums were unaware of it.
    I dont think it needs a bigger budget. And that is something that would help a second season.
    There wasnt one point in the show where i thought something looked cheap.
    Well, the Ipad ship controls seem to be something like that but it's the future and so on.

It would be cool if Sify had board where this show could be discussed.

just watched the season finale tonight. Loved it and really looking forward to season 2. The main female lead, Naomi, really is so much smarter than everyone else around her. Love her lap dog, Amos. The two male stars, Thomas Jane's character and Jim Holden are seriously not that bright. This show feels so raw and real. Not to mention, creepy.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default The Expanse

So I saw a commercial that the new season was starting soon and I had heard that this show was really good. Someone described it as "Battlestar meets Game of Thrones". They were dead on with that description.

What a fantastic show! I couldn't stop watching it and binged watched the first season in one day. Anyone else watching this show?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Great beginning for season 2.
    Excellent show, best scifi shown on TV right now.

Last night's ep was great. I like how there are all these different sub plots intertwined. I just hope they show more of the Protomolecule
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Ultimate Member

Who's the actor that Avasarala hired to be her spy?

This is certainly one of the best sci-fi shows of recent times.
    The acting is largely solid, plot moves at an appropriate pace, character motivations check out.
    And the CGI is pretty darn good for a TV show - the spaceship battle in the season premiere? Great stuff.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    This is certainly one of the best sci-fi shows of recent times.
    The acting is largely solid, plot moves at an appropriate pace, character motivations check out.
    And the CGI is pretty darn good for a TV show - the spaceship battle in the season premiere? Great stuff.
    Agreed. I love this show. It reminds me so much of Battlestar. BTW, I really like your avatar.

Incredible Member

Just saw the latest episode, keeps getting more and more interesting. Not too much buzz on these boards so I hope it is not too unpopular to survive. Side note, that mass effect husk I posted in the original post to describe people that had yet to see this show was more inspired than I realized based on what we've just seen.

This is a great show, one of the best on air right now. The last two episodes were phenomenal, great script, acting and FX.
    Will we see Miller, in one form or another again?

That's an interesting thing to look forward to. Julie went in, so to speak, scared and ignorant of what was to come. Miller, if he does get 'in' as well, is going 'in' fully aware of what is happening. That might make a huge difference as to if and how he can assert himself.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    This is a great show, one of the best on air right now. The last two episodes were phenomenal, great script, acting and FX.
    Will we see Miller, in one form or another again?
    Depends, how worried are you about spoilers? Because, honestly, the answer is sort of. I really wonder if the show will deviate from the books in this way, and I kind of expect them to. But, sort of.