Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expanse

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    It very much has a BSG feel to it, but it's different. And it's only going to get better
    Do not ever tarnish The Expanse by bringing those 3 letters into the conversation.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Do you say that because you've read the books?
    Nope, never read the books. But with the story ramping up with the protomolecule force and it looks like there's going to be a war with them.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Do not ever tarnish The Expanse by bringing those 3 letters into the conversation.
    Why, did you not like BSG?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Do you say that because you've read the books? I was thinking about reading them but I don't have the time right now and I don't know if it would be a good read when you've seen the first 2 seasons on TV first.

But I can imagine that they have to cut a few plots short because books are always much more in detail and because each TV-episode is only 42 minutes. But damn those 42 minutes are over so fast every week... It would so great if the shows would be 55 minutes or even 1 hour. And every week when the episode ends you are just like "omg noooo, what happens next??!! I NEED TO KNOW, NOW!"
    I enjoyed the first two books a lot. (That's as far as I've gotten.) You're basically right, the show is a condensed, more science-fiction-y version of the show. The Belters, for example, are supposed to be taller and thinner than Earth and Mars humans due to living their entire life in lower gravity. They can't really do that well on TV, so they ignore it. And the books mention more about how long it takes (weeks) to get from place to place. (Planet to planet, or space station or whatever.) Also, some characters are introduced at different times. Chrisjen Avasarala isn't even in the first book, but she's a major part of the TV series right from the start.

But I can't recall any major plot points the show has left out. So if you stick to just the show, you're still getting the whole story, so far. Just slightly different.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Watched the finale last night and it was brilliant, especially the ending. I rewatched the last few minutes three times. It was so cool. The special effects were amazing.

Watched the finale last night and it was brilliant, especially the ending. I rewatched the last few minutes three times. It was so cool. The special effects were amazing.
    It really was. So _____ has the ______.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It really was. So _____ has the ______.
    Yep. He does. And now everyone has it.

Every time I see Bobbie Draper in her armor, or even out of it, I always think "Big Barda". She's kicks butt and she's a great character. I hope she gets more screen time next season.

Since I love this show, I decided I was going to read the book and see how it matched up against the show. WOW. The Leviathan Wakes HC, the first book, is expensive. Going for about $200. Crazy. I'm going to see if my library has it, otherwise I'll have to get the TPB.

Mighty Member

Since I love this show, I decided I was going to read the book and see how it matched up against the show. WOW. The Leviathan Wakes HC, the first book, is expensive. Going for about $200. Crazy. I'm going to see if my library has it, otherwise I'll have to get the TPB.
    Wow. Still, you should be able to find the trade paperback edition at any reputable bookstore for under $25.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Wow. Still, you should be able to find the trade paperback edition at any reputable bookstore for under $25.
    Yeah, I can get it for about $15 off Amazon or Ebay. I just prefer HC's to TPB's. I did notice that there's a combo pack of three books for this series. Does anyone know if that's all there was, three books? Or are there more than three?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Yeah, I can get it for about $15 off Amazon or Ebay. I just prefer HC's to TPB's. I did notice that there's a combo pack of three books for this series. Does anyone know if that's all there was, three books? Or are there more than three?
    More. The sixth released this year, and we already have a title for the 7th. Thought I heard somewhere they were shooting for 10 in all, but don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    More. The sixth released this year, and we already have a title for the 7th. Thought I heard somewhere they were shooting for 10 in all, but don't quote me on that.
    Oh wow. I didn't know there were that many. I think I better stick to the tpb's then. Thanks

Spectacular Member

actress has same credits as Agents of Shield so from Blue to more Blue https://78.media.tumblr.com/f01ef357...p81o1_1280.jpg

I've been reading the books and I'm on the 4th book now. The first three are amazing.