View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deadly Class #26

7 41.18%
  • Image Classics: 25th Anniversary Edition

0 0%
  • Invincible #132

4 23.53%
  • Nailbiter #29

1 5.88%
  • Paper Girls #11

1 5.88%
  • Planetoid Praxis #1 (of 6)

0 0%
  • The Walking Dead #163

4 23.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 5 - Planetoid Praxis debuts & 25 years of Image

Welcome everyone, this is our weekly Image poll thread. Basically we vote on our faves and chat about comics, very simple so you should join in!

A bit early perhaps, but last week's poll saw a pretty clear winner with Reborn #4 I think so it looks safe to call. *Election flashbacks*

This week is pretty small for Image in terms of how many books they're releasing, but they're not insignificant titles. Invincible is setting up its final apocalyptic event for example, which will cause the reason for its final year starting with next issue. Nailbiter is even closer to ending, with this issue serving as the penultimate one for this impressively long run on such a niche horror title. It's not all endings this week though, Paper Girls launches straight into its third arc with another major shake-up, and The Walking Dead also begins a brand-new storyline.

Speaking of the Walking Dead, this week's issue is only 25 cents! What! This is done to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Image Comics. In addition they're also releasing the Image Classics 25th Anniversary Edition magazine which looks like it'll spotlight Image's greatest successes, best-received series and contain background info on how they came together. This one's cheap too at like 50 cents.

However more salient is surely Planetoid Praxis! Ken Garing, who does everything from script to art, released Planetoid back in 2012 when it ran for 5 issues. Now just under 5 years later we get a brand-new series set on the same Planetoid with its mechanised surface, starring a new main character and her struggle in leading the inhabitants of the Planetoid when outside forces land on it. This one's slated for 6 issues.

271825.jpg 275745.jpg

The return (finally) of Invincible gets the automatic vote.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

I've stopped checking what I will get each week as I like the surprise, but alas, it appears that I will not be getting any Image again this week

I do keep hearing about Invincible, it is on my list of comics I nee to get around to reading haha
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I've stopped checking what I will get each week as I like the surprise, but alas, it appears that I will not be getting any Image again this week

I do keep hearing about Invincible, it is on my list of comics I nee to get around to reading haha
    If you want the cheapest way to read Invincible, buy the compendiums. That's what I've done. There are only 2 out at the moment but I'm hoping the third will be released once the series finishes.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I picked up the last couple of issues of The Hunt, but no current Image for me this week.

Voted Walking Dead. It was a good issue. Nice to see the dead being the antagonist again.

I'm buying TWD as compendiums, so cheap!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Many libraries carry Invincible, so that's an easy way to get into it! The series is just now starting its final year so you have a couple of months to get caught up if you wish to be for the final issues.

I think that I will probably wait and get it all collected

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Paper Girls and Deadly Class for me. Enjoyed both, but holy shit Deadly Class! That gets my vote.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Paper Girls and Deadly Class for me. Enjoyed both, but holy shit Deadly Class! That gets my vote.
    Been seeing this sentiment a lot on twitter as well, sounds like Deadly Class had a slamdunk issue this week?

I ended up flipping through it. It still has some of the best art in all of comics for me money, but... what the hell?!

spoilers:
    So Maria and Marcus are both not dead now?
    end of spoilers

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I ended up flipping through it. It still has some of the best art in all of comics for me money, but... what the hell?!

spoilers:
    So Maria and Marcus are both not dead now?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    to be fair we don't see either of their dead bodies when they actually "die". I always figured Marcus would be back, but Maria caught me off guard.
    end of spoilers
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

It's just [ s p o i l ] ! It's just [ s p o i l ] ! lol

praxis was good, check it out if you like sci-fi