Page 1548 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 54810481448149815381544154515461547154815491550155115521558 ... LastLast
Results 23,206 to 23,220 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    This is my 1000th post!!

Attachment 58784
    Congrats to you!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

This is my 1000th post!!

Attachment 58784
    https://youtu.be/UWLIgjB9gGw

Well done, Fluffster! Here's to a 1,000 more!

The first week of my holiday and I've come down with a cold. Drippy nose, coughing, and can barely get out of bed in the morning. I hope I'll manage to shake it off before I head for Paris.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Well done, Fluffster! Here's to a 1,000 more!

The first week of my holiday and I've come down with a cold. Drippy nose, coughing, and can barely get out of bed in the morning. I hope I'll manage to shake it off before I head for Paris.
    Rest up and get rid of it before you go. I always think trying to fight a bad cold and carry on as normal makes it last even longer. Rest and let it do it's thing and by the weekend it should be much better. Have you made plans of what you're going to do in Paris?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Thank you all

Rest up and get rid of it before you go. I always think trying to fight a bad cold and carry on as normal makes it last even longer. Rest and let it do it's thing and by the weekend it should be much better. Have you made plans of what you're going to do in Paris?
    Thanks, that's exactly what I'm going to do.
    I have no set schedule of the places I'll visit, but I'm thinking about making it a mix of visiting the tourist attractions and just strolling through the city and soaking up the atmosphere. But I'm particularly looking forward to seeing the Museum of Natural History. I was big on dinosaurs when I was a kid and Paris has a pretty awesome collection

Rest up and get rid of it before you go. I always think trying to fight a bad cold and carry on as normal makes it last even longer. Rest and let it do it's thing and by the weekend it should be much better.
    Try telling that to my 18-year old body-building nephew that LOL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I will give you the link below RLAAMJR., just to let you know it has good posters on their but the dicussions can get heated and some jading at time.

Also I will not be posting as much as I was a few days ago, might at times but I cut back allot recently. I still go by my CBR name and current avatar their. You can find my posts under their.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/index.php

I just registered. Waiting for confirmation.

Did you already create an appreciation thread for Brianne De Chateau here @ cbr?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yesterday, a retirement luncheon was held for a co-worker who called it a career after thirty years in the federal government. I'm eligible to retire in two years when I'm sixty with twenty years of service, but I wonder if I'll hang 'em up. Part of me says it'll be time while another part says that's too soon, I mean, I'm still in good health, physically and mentally, I'm still very much a valued member of the command where I work, my psychological outlook is pretty good, I don't mind the daily 9 to 5 (in my case, 6 to 3) grind, and, for lack of a better explanation, I've nothing else better to do with my time. Could I last to 67? Who knows. I've said to co-workers that I wouldn't go past 62 when I'd first be eligible for partial Social Security benefits, however, at present, I'm ruling nothing out. The only definite is that when I do retire, it'll be for good, however, if I do go back, it might be out of boredom if I fail to find rewarding ways to fill the hours. We shall see.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yesterday, a retirement luncheon was held for a co-worker who called it a career after thirty years in the federal government. I'm eligible to retire in two years when I'm sixty with twenty years of service, but I wonder if I'll hang 'em up. Part of me says it'll be time while another part says that's too soon, I mean, I'm still in good health, physically and mentally, I'm still very much a valued member of the command where I work, my psychological outlook is pretty good, I don't mind the daily 9 to 5 (in my case, 6 to 3) grind, and, for lack of a better explanation, I've nothing else better to do with my time. Could I last to 67? Who knows. I've said to co-workers that I wouldn't go past 62 when I'd first be eligible for partial Social Security benefits, however, at present, I'm ruling nothing out. The only definite is that when I do retire, it'll be for good, however, if I do go back, it might be out of boredom if I fail to find rewarding ways to fill the hours. We shall see.
    Whatever you decide, I hope you're happy with the decision WestPhillyPunisher.

Yes, your outlook might just change in 2 years time, Big Pun. But if you still get satisfaction out of the job and you're good at it, keep carrying on. 20 years is a pretty good run; I'd be lucky if I could stick with one company for half that time.

Invincible Member

I know of more than a few guys that retired, but went back to work even though they didn't have to because they got bored being at home. Some went back to something close to what they were doing before, but others tried to find something that had to do with either charity or the arts.

Invincible Member

The Christmas El came rolling through on my commute home from work ( going in the opposite direction). It was funny seeing so many grown folks get absolutely giddy when it arrived at our stop.

Has anyone else been treated to a lovely white blanket of snow in their area today? It fell here and it really adds to the season spirit.

You could always fill time with volunteering somewhere that holds an interest for you if you do find you need fill some time. I always picture myself volunteering at an animal rescue centre (or anything animal related!) when I retire. I've got a long way to go yet though!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Has anyone else been treated to a lovely white blanket of snow in their area today? It fell here and it really adds to the season spirit.
    We've had quite a bit of snow over the past 24 hours. A couple of hours ago we had big, fat, chunky snow coming down but it's stopped now. We're expected to get snow for part of tomorrow but apparently Sunday will be heavy snow all day. I'm praying that it's a "snow day" for work on Monday and I'll get a day off!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Great news! I am officially going to Canada next year!!!!