Thread: CBR Chat

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    You work at a call center?

Yes I am.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Confucius had it right when he said, "May you be cursed to live in interesting times". Well, that's me all over. Sunday afternoon, sometime around three p.m. while I was watching the Bears-Packers game, shots rang out, well over half a dozen, not that I was actively counting as I dove on the floor and prayed no slugs crashed through the living room window. In the aftermath, things had been hectic, however, no one had been hurt, but a car, no more than forty or so feet from said living room window had a window blown out. The cops soon arrived and it looked like a scene from The First 48. Then things got even more interesting last night when another volley of gunfire erupted on the block after ten p.m. I had just gone to bed, but again, I hit the floor, once again, more hectic activity, the cops arrived and another investigation ensued. But this time, someone had been hit because when I left for work this morning, one of my neighbors pointed to a sizeable splatter of blood on the front steps of a house only two doors up from mine. Yeah, things are plenty interesting here to say the least.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Holy crap, WPP!

Hope you're okay, mentally as well as physically. I'd be freaking out if gunfire was a common occurrence where I live. You have my sympathies.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's depressing."

Quote Originally Posted by KentilZha View Post
    Holy crap, WPP!

Hope you're okay, mentally as well as physically. I'd be freaking out if gunfire was a common occurrence where I live. You have my sympathies.
    Thanks for your concern. I'm doing fine. Sadly, where I live (the inner city, a.k.a. "da 'hood"), this sort of thing is almost commonplace. I won't say that one gets used to that sort of thing, but you develop a sort of fatalism (pardon the pun) about it all. I suppose if that blood had been on my steps, I'd be more unnerved, but, it was close enough to give me pause.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Well I'm not dealing with gunfire so I guess I can be happy about that. Sorry, WPP.

I ordered 500 folded business cards from VistaPrint and for 10 dollars more could double my order. They came in the mail, sure they look nice but they're not folded. They're scored to fold but I have to fold them all myself. So if you don't see me around I'm just folding 1000 business cards by Monday.

Edit: they also smell like burning chemicals.

Extraordinary Member

Hello all!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Well I'm not dealing with gunfire so I guess I can be happy about that. Sorry, WPP.

I ordered 500 folded business cards from VistaPrint and for 10 dollars more could double my order. They came in the mail, sure they look nice but they're not folded. They're scored to fold but I have to fold them all myself. So if you don't see me around I'm just folding 1000 business cards by Monday.

Make a complaint, thats not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Agreed. You're not getting what you specified. That's bogus.

Do they have a watermark?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Do they have a watermark?
    I'm not sure what you mean. They are "scored" or something to be folded. So i've got half of them done and in rubber bands to keep them from popping back open.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Agreed. You're not getting what you specified. That's bogus.
    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I posted on their Facebook and someone running the page responded "Oh dear! I can see why this would be frustrating for you Timothy - So sorry for the hassle. I'll be sure to have your feedback passed on so that we can make it much less time consuming for you in the future." Eh, I'm not doing that again the future.

It's for an art show and for other reasons I wasn't even sure I was going to enter again next year but I will definite choose something like post cards if I feel the the need to put more info in. Or talk to Staples, trying to save some money can mean cutting too many corners.

I left a "poor" review of the product on their site as well. Sorry, I feel like I'm highjacking this conversation. WPP had a shooting on his block and I'm complaining about printing.

I dunno, maybe I'm just assuming or is it reasonable to think they would come folded:
    http://www.vistaprint.com/folded-business-cards.aspx

I'm not sure what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    LOL, I've only seen that once so I forgot.

Thanks to everyone who said to complain to them, I didn't think much would happen but after a couple days I got an email "I am truly sorry for the inconvenience caused by the misunderstanding and the smell of the Business Cards. I’m processing a refund to your credit card" so that's cool. I think it will be there fast enough that the charge and refund will be on the same statement.

Well, I am doing something risky. I am making a new thread for once! Well, hopefully I am doing it right. Here's the link to it to see what it is (I promise you it is not spam):http://community.comicbookresources....56485-You-re-a

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

It's to damn funny that Rousey believes that weed is tested for political reasons.

For crying out loud you knew what you signed up for, and that it's illegal. So no its a damn regulated sport and he violated the rules.

As usual nfl week 2 had its share ff letdowns as winless teams defeated 1 win teams.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Heh, I think you're in the wrong thread, GR.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)