Thread: CBR Chat

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Neither my husband nor I know how to drive enough yet. But we really want to go to Comickaze to see Stan Lee before he stops touring cons.

Anyone know where I ask for a rideshare in exchange for gas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    Neither my husband nor I know how to drive enough yet. But we really want to go to Comickaze to see Stan Lee before he stops touring cons.

Just learn to drive. You need to eventually anyway.

Extraordinary Member

British opinion here so may be useless, but any chance of any friends riding down to the area? I have no idea about your geography so I can't be sure if its a long or short journey.

https://www.carpoolworld.com/carpool...rm_language=EN

This may work but I urge you to both be super careful if you do anything like this!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    What? Are people saying she's Japanese or something? It's kinda funny, for a forum devoted to comic books, I spend very little time on the actual comic book threads. The folks there are too involved and take that stuff way too seriously for my liking.
    Nah, there's a throwaway line in one issue where someone says she looks like a mixture of all races. A certain Storm fan, who I haven't heard from lately and am really hoping hasn't been tossed out of a helicopter by Duterte, has declared this irrefutable scientific fact that Storm isn't strictly black, especially since means she can be part Filipino.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    British opinion here so may be useless, but any chance of any friends riding down to the area? I have no idea about your geography so I can't be sure if its a long or short journey.

This may work but I urge you to both be super careful if you do anything like this!
    Nope. I don't know of any friends that drive and my husband doesn't care enough to ask his family (which is huge, but has no idea about comics).

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Nah, there's a throwaway line in one issue where someone says she looks like a mixture of all races. A certain Storm fan, who I haven't heard from lately and am really hoping hasn't been tossed out of a helicopter by Duterte, has declared this irrefutable scientific fact that Storm isn't strictly black, especially since means she can be part Filipino.
    She's from Africa, right? I can see her having a diluted bit of European or Asian in her, given the varied and horrible history of Africa (I'm blaming the Ivory Trade and the Rush to Grab Africa), as I don't know which country in Africa she is from. But to me, she's always black or African or whatever-country-she-is-from-ian.

BANNED

She's from Africa, right? I can see her having a diluted bit of European or Asian in her, given the varied and horrible history of Africa (I'm blaming the Ivory Trade and the Rush to Grab Africa), as I don't know which country in Africa she is from. But to me, she's always black or African or whatever-country-she-is-from-ian.
    Nah, she's a New Yorker. Storm's mother is Kenyan, but her father is American and Storm was born in Harlem.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 06-27-2016 at 10:55 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And THAT is why I spend so little time on the comic book forums.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

If you happen to still have all of those heroes I would be interested in a certain one.....
    Sorry, I gave them away over a decade ago.

Nah, she's a New Yorker. Storm's mother is Kenyan, but her father is American and Storm was born in Harlem.
    She sounds like Eliza Maza, where the closest to Philippino would be 1/8, maybe 1/16 or 1/32.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

And THAT is why I spend so little time on the comic book forums.
    You mean there are other comic book forums than this one? BLASPHEMY!
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Ugg. I may have my fist truly sleepless night of the year tonight. I'm just too hot to sleep! My air conditioner says its set on 73 but it feels more like 78-80 to me and even with my fan running on top of my AC and a bottle of water I still can't get cool enough to fall asleep. I swear I must be related to Mr. Freeze because I get hot way to easily. . Oh well guess i'll just see if theres anything good on TV.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Then why haven't we seen her birth certificate? Huh? Huh?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

What? Are people saying she's Japanese or something? It's kinda funny, for a forum devoted to comic books, I spend very little time on the actual comic book threads. The folks there are too involved and take that stuff way too seriously for my liking.
    The only thing that gets me riled... Jason Todd alive. Again.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Moral GP: Make sure you don't drive with someone who looks like Rutger Hauer
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091209/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2