Page 593 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 9349354358358959059159259359459559659760364369310931593 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,895 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Yes, I'm "home" but giving serious thought of going back to my real home in Tokyo.

I drove up north but didn't swim or anything, I just gave a ride to a coworker. I was able to step out and take some pics, at least.

I'm sorry to hear of your friend... how did you find out?
    I haven't asked in ages, but how is your hubby? And yeah, I guess if you really feel more at home in Tokyo, then you should probably put things in motion for you to return there. But I guess your moving to Ryukyu was always meant to be a temporary thing to begin with, wasn't it?

Thanks for your sympathies... They published a list of passengers on board. Messaging with our mutual contacts confirmed the news.

I've been catching up on my comic books as well. I've discovered that Marvel has published a lot of 70s and 80s Avengers issues in trade paperback form in recent years, so I've been meaning to collect those. They collect almost the entire first volume of avengers uninterruptedly: the only issues missing in the run that I'm looking for, are #136, #169, #178-180, and perhaps rather controversially, #197-211, which could easily be combined in another trade, but include the worst Avengers story ever written (#200, in which Ms. Marvel meets Marcus and runs off with him), and is generally tainted by low quality writing and the lack of a single consistent writer (Mantrlo, Dematteis, Fingeroth, Budiansky all follow each other up and it leads to nowhere).

I moved here open to the possibility of staying long term, but I feel it's not in my best interest anymore.

I've also been catching up on X-Men issues between 2009 and now. All caught up on All New X-Men, almost on Uncanny.

I tried sending PM but it says you're not allowing PMs from me... why am I not surprised

Sorry, my PM's are down for at least 7 more minutes or so.

It's the anti-spambot measure the mods took; but it affects most users who are being moved to the different group... so I should be PM-able again in no time.

Private Messaging is back up; I'm once more a full-fledged member with all the whirling bits and pieces. Shoot your message at me, rei!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

That's interesting how #8886 has your signature but #8885 does not.

On a light subject, I know you're not the biggest anime fan, but I was wondering if you had ever heard of or watched the show 'Vision of Escaflowne' (Tenkuu no Escaflowne)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    On a light subject, I know you're not the biggest anime fan, but I was wondering if you had ever heard of or watched the show 'Vision of Escaflowne' (Tenkuu no Escaflowne)?
    Well it's always worth asking is it not? But I have not heard or watched the show... I'm guessing that you are?

Well it's always worth asking is it not? But I have not heard or watched the show... I'm guessing that you are?
    I'm not so quick to recommend anything, but I thought maybe Escaflowne would be a nice anime for you to check out. I saw it last year, and really enjoyed it. It focuses much more on the characters than it does on the mech suits. The main character doesn't even pilot a mech, but is a girl with fortune-telling abilities. I really liked it, the music in it is also great, animation is very nice, and it keeps a nice balance between action, drama, character development, and romance.

It's completely different in tone from Evangelion, though. It's a fair bit more optimistic, but it also has its sad parts. So, I figured maybe it would be a show that you'd enjoy. But I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I'm not so quick to recommend anything, but I thought maybe Escaflowne would be a nice anime for you to check out. I saw it last year, and really enjoyed it. It focuses much more on the characters than it does on the mech suits. The main character doesn't even pilot a mech, but is a girl with fortune-telling abilities. I really liked it, the music in it is also great, animation is very nice, and it keeps a nice balance between action, drama, character development, and romance.

It's completely different in tone from Evangelion, though. It's a fair bit more optimistic, but it also has its sad parts. So, I figured maybe it would be a show that you'd enjoy. But I don't know.
    If someone suggests an anime to me, I would usually give it a try, especially if it's on the internet somewhere. If I remember and have the time, I'll give Escaflowne a try.

And now other things call and tell me to say good night!

^That's cool. I would recommend the original full 26-episode series, and not the condensed movie version they made a while later.

I think I am going out for a walk now. I've been locking myself up too much over the past two days, first at work, working another 9-hour shift, and then basically not leaving the house and spending time on my laptop. I need to stretch my legs and breathe some real air.

Talk to you later, Rei. Have a nice rest of the weekend.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Did your ramen noodles look similar to this?

I did not cook this either, it was my dinner 3 nights ago at a ramen place
    Looks mighty tasty!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Hey guys, how are you doing? I could use some cheering up.

Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    Hey guys, how are you doing? I could use some cheering up.
    Well, I'm back! What's up, Thor?